Fav Indian cities

Mariyam

Bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad :cantstop: monkey300.jpg
:blush: adrak sucks :beee:
Adrak kya jaane bandar ka mizaaj B->
je baat :icflove:
:whack: Delhi is r.ape capital of India -- Character ke bare mein bolta hai.. Noida may have had some high profile cases, but overall its very safe and crime free
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease gannuuuu.. dont talk bout crime and noidaa okayyy !! Dilli ser tou tum sava serr ho :whack:
even your bashing posts made me miss home :(( 4 months since I last visited :sniffle:
dont visit.. dilli ko pollute krtey huye jaogey apni presence sey :mad:

Tell me more about Lucknow.. I might visit lucknow next month :woot:
The Outsider and S=G will give you better suggestions, as they are locals, but here's what I suggest: 1) For hanging out, choose this one street in Hazratganj or something. Its the most hep place in Lucknow, not that it means much. There's a place you can have Hookah there, which is a good experience in the evening. And the Lucknow hookah is the long chillum types and not the stuff we get in metros. Lots of road side kebab joints here. 2) Very close to this Hazratganj place are many shops that sell Chikan/ Murree work. I did hell of a lot of shopping from there. Some good dresses too. Also go to Aminabad market side ( Old town) and do street shopping. I got 3 pairs of jootis from there for 200 Rs :dance: and they go with almost all the Indian wear I have. Aminabad chikan work is cheaper than the other modern areas. 3) There is a restaurant called Falaknuma on the top of Hotel Clarke. Have a dinner there. You can see a good night time view of Lucknow city and sometimes they have good ghazal singers sometimes. 4) See the Residency ruins with light and sound show. Not really worth it, but if you have nothing else to do, you might as well see it. I'm not much into history so I didn't enjoy it much. Besides, my friend said that Indian sepoys butchered British civilians there, but the guides will ignore all the unpleasant aspects of our history and harp about bravery. 5) Bada Imambara. Definite must see and that too with a good guide. 6) Bhul Bhulaiya - In the Imambara itself, and time pass. 7) Chota Imambara - Retarded waste of time. Don't bother. 8) Nightlife - Nothing to speak of. The Hotel Clarke's has a 'club' but generally horrible local + worse tourist crowd. Chichora types. Plus sad music. You might as well put on the speakers in your room and dance. 9) There is a circle with lots of huge Mayawati and company statues and a grand bridge. One drive over it can suffice. 10) Barabanki ( maybe 100 kms from Lucknow) has the mazhar of a famous local pir. We visited that. Again, just do this only if you have a lot of time. 11) A college, I forget the name, has mushairas once every week on evenings. Persian and Urdu. Generally uncle type people go there. I gave it a skip.

Dilli: Aaj mere paas airport hai, railway station hai, Janpat hai, Qutub Minar hai , tere paas kya hai? Noida: Mere paas (dramatic pause) ganesh hai. :aha: :yess:
Is this Noida humour, or is this because you are an engineer? :P

http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/quality-of-living-report-2010#City_Ranking_Tables Europe has 16 cities amongst the world’s top 25 cities for quality of living.
:confused: How is this relevant? Please don't cite unknown sources like Mercer and Forbes to support your imaginary theories. Only valid sources like Mumbai Mirror, CNN, ToI, HT cafe and Filmfare are allowed.

Sab ke sab haters yahan par. :hitler: :hitler: Bas dekhte jao, ek din tughlaq ki tarah mein India ka capital Dilli se Noida shift karoonga aur tum sab ko no entry. :ohyeah:
I havent seen a noidaite as crazy as you.. you LOVE noida jese koi new york ho :laugh:

Sab ke sab haters yahan par. :hitler: :hitler: Bas dekhte jao, ek din tughlaq ki tarah mein India ka capital Dilli se Noida shift karoonga aur tum sab ko no entry. :ohyeah:
You are aware that Moh'd bin Tughluq was 'affectionately' titled as 'Mad Tughluq' for his decision to change his capital, aren't you?

:confused: How is this relevant? Please don't cite unknown sources like Mercer and Forbes to support your imaginary theories. Only valid sources like Mumbai Mirror, CNN, ToI, HT cafe and Filmfare are allowed.
your love for yellow journalism and tabloids is not shared by genuinely knowledgeable posters here. you keep your "valid sources" for your own reading pleasure and i won't mind it as long as you don't repeat the gross misinformation you have spread in this thread. for every biased propagandists like you, there are those like me who will stand up for the truth , no matter what (like the increase in blood pressure i get from reading your posts!)

The Outsider and S=G will give you better suggestions' date=' as they are locals, but here's what I suggest:[/quote'] You've covered pretty much most of whats there to see in Lko. Ganjing is an experience to be savored and one must go there if you have an opportunity. HazratGanj has completed 200 years in December 2010 so it was renovated and now its become even better with Victorian era lamps, fountains at various places, uniform color scheme.........................and a bit of traffic sense :yess: The place where you can have Hookah will most probably be Mint Lounge in Hotel Aarif Castle or Capachino Blast Restaurant (which is about 4-5 kms from Ganj). Those chikan shops would be in Chowk in the Old city. The Chikan clothes in Chowk, unlike in Delhi or other places, are still almost completely handcrafted and are supposed to be among the best in the country. If you have to go to Aminabad, go in the morning because in the afternoon and evening the traffic in Aminabad is just terrible. Falaknuma is quite good but if you go to Falaknuma then don't eat the regular food, go for authentic Mughlai cuisine. Some other good restaurants nearby are Royal Cafe - its Lko's most successful restaurant, Hotel Gemini International is also quite good. For South Indian there's Dasprakas in Hotel Sagar International - khali pada rehta hai lekin khana achcha hota hai!! If you want fast food then either go to the food court of Sahara Ganj Mall or there's Marksmen and Rover's in HazratGanj. For Non-Veg there's Tunde Kebabs and in the old city there's Idrish ki Biryani and for Chicken there's Naushijaan behind Tulsi theatre. There's also Barbeque Nation where you will get pretty good Non Veg. If you like Chaat then go to Radhey Lal in Chowk - absolutely fabulous chaat. +1 Now there's also Zero Degree Pub in the Riverside Mall in GomtiNagar - although that also is not much to speak of. That circle you're talking about would be the one in GomtiNagar. Now there are lots and lots of similar circles with HUGE Mayawati & Co standing there :headshake: :headshake: Although the roads in that area are quite superb. Never been there. :hmmm: yeh kaunse college mein hota hai ?? If you want to go to any malls then there's Sahara Ganj, Wave, Fun Republic, Riverside and Pheonix United. Among all these Pheonix United is the newest and the best.

your love for yellow journalism and tabloids is not shared by genuinely knowledgeable posters here. you keep your "valid sources" for your own reading pleasure and i won't mind it as long as you don't repeat the gross misinformation you have spread in this thread. for every biased propagandists like you, there are those like me who will stand up for the truth , no matter what (like the increase in blood pressure i get from reading your posts!)
Was that ' mind it' the " Aiyo rascala, mind it' or the regular variety? You can never be sure when a Tamilian says it. I applaud you for being a genuinely knowledgeable poster, who stands up for the truth and all that, but since when did Europe become a part of India? :confused: I seem to have missed that chapter in history. How is that relevant to a discussion on your fav Indian cities?