Watch entire Mahabharat..for free!

CC1981

Every epic has its exaggeration CC. I'm sure you will agree the stories of Moses' date=' Muhammad, Jesus, Buddha et al will have about 80% exaggeration and 20% truth. Of course you wouldn't believe in adam and eve, Noah's arc et al Every epic, religious literature will have plenty of exaggerations and stories to elevate someone to god status. I don't say they were not special. Indeed they were, otherwise they wouldn't have had such mass following.[/quote'] Well said. The thing about Mahabharata too is that it wasnt a complete piece till about 600 or 700 CE under the Guptas. The basic story has been more or less the same in an age-old fashion but several of the smaller side stories, such as Arjun and Chitrangada, much of what the Pandavas did during vanvaas etc. are later additions. Still a brilliant tale nonetheless.

Lurker, I've seen Peter Brooke's Mahabharat a couple of times now. It's the best portrayal of the ethos of the Mahabharat that I have seen. It's nowhere near as complete as the BR Chopra one, but nowhere as cheesy either. I'm actually shuddering at the thought of SRK and Aamir's egos overpowering such a brilliant story -- a la Ashoka. Kareena Kapoor as Kunti, and Sunny Deol as Duryodhan. Bletch. Can you imagine Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in LOTR? I would've thrown up. We need quality character actors, especially for someone like Karna. And we have maybe 5 in 'hindi-cinema'.

i think ajay devgan..can play the Karna role...he is a master in playing such roles....kacche dhaage..is one coming in my mind... but i think some of the actors in the serial were just tailor made for those roles... there has been many versions of Mahabharat after BR chopra's serial...but none were convinving... shakuni ..karna...duryodhan..and shikhandi were just about perfect for those roles..

Ajay Devgan at best of times looks like a Ganja smoker. He's got the Akhtar eyes/ganja eyes. Looks very mellow/disinterested. Karna was someone who needs the intensity and confidence of the sun itself. We need someone as radiant and intense, yet controlled like the guy who played Karna in the TV series. Devgan wouldnt do.

alright CC....suppose we need to pick characters of mahabharat from the indian film industry only...all the actors and actress..from the past and present whom would you pick to act in these roles.. 1. Bheesm 2. Duryodhan 3.Sri Krishna 4. Karn 5. Arjun 6. Bheem 7. Shakuni 8. Draupdi 9. Duhshashan 10. Gandhari 11. kunti 12. father of duryodhan if you cann't recollect the names of the actors...give hints..like movie they acted in..etc..

TGB, i havnt watched much bollywood in the last ten years, so i am mostly unaware of the actors and their acting skills. Characters like Bhisma are hard to cast. The guy who was Bheesma in the TV series was a one-in-a-million actor: someone who was young enough to pass as a 20s guy and still a terrific and strong screen presence for being the old Bheesma as well. Who to pick for Bheesma ? Bachchan would be brilliant as the Bheesma during Kurukshetra but he can't obviously play the young Bheesma. And Abhisekh would look like a panzy Beeshma if he potrays the young Bheesma. For Arjun, i think it should be Akshay Khanna. For Karna, it could be Hrittik Roshan, though he'd have to grow a beard or moustache to look older than Akshay. But even then, i don't think Hrritik can do a very good job as being Karna (though he looks the part) because he isnt good at potraying contained intensity. For Draupadi, Rani Mukherjee would be good. Others, i can't really say. Sunny Deol needs to be there but i can't think of a proper character..he isnt big enough to be Bheem or Duryodhan but he has the perfect character to potray such. Finding Krishna would be the hardest i think. The guy who plays Krishna in the tv series was a very good actor but he can't do the 'Krishna-half smile' pose. Whoever is Krishna has to get that 'half-smile' down perfectly or else Krishna would look like a retard for 50% of the show.

1. Bheesm - Amitabh Bachan 2. Duryodhan - inspector salim of sarfarosh- aamir's movie 3.Sri Krishna - 4. Karn - Aamir khan 5. Arjun - 6. Bheem - Dara Singh 7. Shakuni - Pran 8. Draupdi - Madhuri Dixit 9. Duhshashan - Gulshan Grover 10. Gandhari - Rekha 11. kunti - (Mom of amithabh in deewar) 12. father of Duryodhan - Amrish Puri these are my choices..

I dont think Amitabh can be Bheesma simply coz whoever is Bheesma, he has to potray the young Gangaputra Devavrat as well. BigB is too old to potray a young Devavrat. As with Bheesma in the TV series, you can make a young guy look old but to make an old guy look young is much harder. Aamir would be ideal acting-wise for Karna..but he would need CGI to make him look taller..Karna can't be such a shorty. Pran would be a brilliant shakuni. Dara Singh would've been a perfect Bheem...20 years ago. Now he is way too old. Dushsyasan as Grover is pretty good. Amrish Puri as Dhritarashtra would be a bit harsh on Dhritarashtra. Dritarashtra also had a very mellow/indecisive nature. Amrish Puri would make a good Kans though.

Karna has to be Ajay Devgan... u guys should check him out in gangajal.... the intensity in his eye and the brood will make him aperfect fit for such a complex character..... Keep the Stammer-khan out of this.... Aamir khan will be perfect for Lord Krishna.... he does very well in persuasive or motivational roles.... he will ace the Gita part imparting lesson to Arjun... Arjun should be Hrithik for sure.... sunny deol must be Bheem.... notwo ways about tht..... the angry hulk, who is always up for a brawl.... Saif can be Abhimanyu....

Koi gai walla role melega hum ko?
If you are young enough, you can play the part of Krishna's gowallah friends at Nandgaon.
Aamir khan will be perfect for Lord Krishna
Too short. Aamir is just too short. Salman can be Sahadev. Sahadev is supposed to be good looking and since he knows the future, he mostly keeps silent the whole story. A perfect role for 'all looks and no acting skills' Salmaan.