IPL squads analysis

CoverDrive

With the team refreshed this feels once again like the first edition of the IPL where you don,t know what is going to happen. I will start with the two teams that have retained most of the same players MI and CSK. I will largely focus on what would be the playing XI. focusing on the 6th and 7th option foreign player is not going to be very critical as they would hardly get a game. CSK Again their mainstays will be the Indian players - Dhoni, Raina, Ashwin and Vijay. First three are top match winners and I suspect Raina will emerge much stronger. Big concern are their foreign batsmen- Hussey is the only solid bat and he will not be available for some time. Albie morkel has not been in touch and is not in form. Bollinger also has been pretty average for some time. Southee is a smart buy which should help the bowling which is not very strong. Matchwinners - Dhoni/Raina- I really want to seem them come up the order - open with Vijay, Raina at 3 and Dhoni at 4. Future Indian Prospects - Interest to see how Tyagi does this time and if junior srikanth is more than a slogger MI They have really strengthened their already strong squad by adding Davy Jacobs, Symonds and Rohit Sharma. Lower order of Symonds/Pollard below top order with Davy Jacobs, Sachin, Rohit sharma and Rayudu (someone who was destined for greatness and came onto his own only last year) looks the best batting lineup of IPL. Bowling too with Bhajji, Malinga, Ali Murtuza looks handy but weaker without Zak (especially if malinga breaks down) Matchwinners - Full of it - Sachin will score very freely and Pollard has been in good touch. Future Indian Prospects - Sarul Kanwar (talented Punjab opener), Suryakumar yadav though I doubt these guys will get a match RCB Completely different squad or the new DD(they have bought out the full DD foreign contingent). Squad has a very young look and looks interesting. Strong top order of Dilshan, ABD, Kohli, Saurabh Tiwari and Pujara (to stabilize). Decent bowling in Vettori (who would be a smart captain), Nannes, Zaheer and Mithun. Key would be the 6th batsman and the 5th bowler as none the rest apart from those mentioned are big names or talents (this would be the difference between making Semifinals and and winning the knockouts). Matchwinners - Kohl, Dilshan, ABDV established players and all 3 top fielders. Future Indian Prospects - Can they discover another Manish Pandey in Mayank Aggrawal. DD One team to have really screwed up thier team selection this time. Sehwag (whose fitness is suspect), Warner and Finch are the only quality top order players. they should not have let ABD and Dilshan leave. When people like James hopes and Andrew Mcdonald look like the sure starters you know that the squad is thin. Even the bowling without Nannes, Nehra, Sangwan and Mishra is weaker. Lot depends on how Irfan Pathan, Umesh Yadav, Dinda and Varun Aaron lead the bowling which has potential but experience is lacking (though it is present in the form of Agarkar :) ) Matchwinners- Sehwag, though difficult to see him lasting the whole schedule (I really want him to be fit for the England tour) Future Indian Prospects - Varun Aaron will have Umesh Yadav and Dinda challenge him with speed. Eric Simons is a good bowling coach and hopefully he will mould them well. Unmuckt chand the 18 year old Delhi opener is the man to watch out for and he will have Sehwag at the other end. Irfan pathan has chance to shine and show that he is not a lost cause. KKR If DD has been the worst in auctions this time KKR has probably been the smartest buyer. they have rectified their thin Indian batting resources with Gambhir and Pathan (would like to see him up the order and play longer) and have made few other smart buys like Morgan , Shakib and Ten doeschate. it makes the batting very strong and especially in this long tournament they have a lot of backup in terms of the foreign players. Teams strong suit is thier allrounders - Shakib, Kallis, Tendoeschate, Pathan. Brett Lee (when he is available) may be the bowler of the tournament given his form and experience. Matchwinners - Gambhir, Pathan, Morgan Future Indian Prospect - Unadkat (not too sure about his fit with T20). Bisla has been performing well and this may be the season where Manoj tiwari finally gets his name in national reckoning. DC They have always been more dependent on foreign players in the past with Rohit sharma the only indian to perform consistently for them. With Rohit and even Suman going to MI the Indian talent pool has further diminished. This strategy could work (like in IPL 2) and Sanga, Cameron White, Pietersen, Dan christian and duminy looked like good replacement for Gilly, Symonds, Gibbs and Rohit until Peitersen got injured and White has lost form. Tough to see Sangakarra carrying all the load and I dont rate him very highly as captain. Fast Bowlers have never been big impact players in India and cant see Steyn making a lot of difference. Matchwinners - Sangakkara Future Indian Prospects - It would be interesting to see Ojha and Mishra operate together. Like Manjoj tiwari it would also be a good time for Shikhar dhawan to create an impact as he would be a sure starter in this lineup. RR They have suffered in the last two season due to a poor squad. Can't see Shane Warne continuing to be as effective and losing Pathan is a big blow even if Shane Watson can play for them (when he is available). Ross Taylor is thier only big buy and he could be one of the player to watch out for as Warne will make good use of him. Batting has to revolve around Watson and Taylor. They have made few smart buys like Rahane and Dravid which will add solidity to the lineup. Matchwinners - Watson, Taylor Future Indian Prospects - Rahane is the next big Indian batting talent is this is the chance for him to shine. Chahar (though difficult to see him get swing in these conditions) and pankaj singh have chance to continue the good work from the FC season and Menaria will be the batting talent to watch out for. KXIP Had a poor squad last time along with a clearly demotivated yuvraj. This year thier squad looks among the weakest having lost Sanga, UV and Mahela (all 3 are in red hot form this year). Can't see Gilchrist hitting those runs now and he has poor resources to call upon. Batting has to revolve around Shaun Marsh, David hussey, Dinesh Karthik which is not saying a lot. Bowling looks weaker with Ryan harris and Praveen Kumar being the only decent bowlers Matchwinner - None Future Indian Prospects - Abhishek Nayar did not get to play much last year which will definitely not be the case now. Chance for him to show why he was such a big name 1-2 years back. Now the two new teams Kochi Again not a very strong squad even though Mahela is probably in the form of his life. Form of Brand hodge and Brendon McCullum will determine how they do as they not have any Indian batting stars (it does not bode well when Ravindra Jadeja stands out as your best Indian talent). Bowling seems weak as RP and Sree do not inspire a lot of confidence (Vinay Kumar is ok at best), though it would be fun to watch Powar and Murali bowl together. Matchwinners - Mahela Future Indian Prospects - Kedhar Jadhav gave some glimpses of his talent last year and will do well. Pune With the backing of Sahara this is a team which will build up future and in the first year itself it has a decent squad. No better time for Yuvraj to lead a team of his and continue his good run. Graeme Smith, Uthappa, Jesse Ryder and Manish Pandey (along with Yuvraj) make a good batting team. Angelo Matthews is a big loss and hurts the balance of the team as bowling looks pretty weak with Nehra also injured though Murali Kartik will get chance to show what India has missed. Matchwinners- yuvraj, Ryder Future Indian Prospect - Manish Pandey left RCB amongst a lot of controversy and he will feel he has a point to prove. Based on his FC record this year his stroke play (epsecially sixes of spinners) has improved and he will be targeting to make the squad for World T20 2012.

I love our side but the bowling unit really concerns me. Slinga has been our weapon but Bhajji hasn't been taking wickets so far, and Murtuza has been whacked around in the past. We really lack a good spinner, and I totally agree about us losing a gem of a bowler in Zak :(( For all their supposed business guile, the Ambanis simply did not have the shrewdness of the Chennai unit, who managed to buy back a huge majority of their players. Considering the form Zak has been in, his exit from MI could probably impact us a huge deal. Our batting is great, and I can say with pride that our domestic guys like R Satish have played good knocks in the past. Symmo is a good buy but he was lacklustre in IPL 3, I hope he plays better this time around. But our best find of the IPL? Ambati Rayudu :icflove: I'm so glad he's back with us. Oh and Davy Jacobs this year :D WOOT WOOT! Not to mention Robin Singh and Jonty as part of our support staff :dance:

I love our side but the bowling unit really concerns me. Slinga has been our weapon but Bhajji hasn't been taking wickets so far' date=' and Murtuza has been whacked around in the past. We [b']really lack a good spinner, and I totally agree about us losing a gem of a bowler in Zak :((
Murtuza will be a handy 2nd spinner for us, he did decently in the limited chances he has got, but he was superb in the ICL, and he has beceome a good batsman, he plays in the middle/top order in UP team, so he would strenghten our tail unlike Dhawal/Abu Nechim who can only bowl. But yeah we miss Zak:nervous:

Kochi is really underrated, they have a very strong unit, maybe just lacking an indian batsmen. Isnt this quite a strong XI lineup? 1. B. Mcculum 2. Mahela J 3. VVS Laxman 4. Kedhar jadav (outplayed delhi's strong top order, in many matches - viru, gg, dilly, abdv, dk) 5. The gomez guy 6. Jadeja 7. Perera/Smith 8. RP 9. SS 10. Murali 11. Powar

Kochi is really underrated, they have a very strong unit, maybe just lacking an indian batsmen. Isnt this quite a strong XI lineup? 1. B. Mcculum 2. Mahela J 3. VVS Laxman 4. Kedhar jadav (outplayed delhi's strong top order, in many matches - viru, gg, dilly, abdv, dk) 5. The gomez guy 6. Jadeja 7. Perera/Smith 8. RP 9. SS 10. Murali 11. Powar
Jaddu is their most valuable player imo. He will be the go to guy for bowling. And probably hold up the batting when the top order collapses.

Our team is the most balanced team: Vijay Anirudth or Mukund Raina Dhoni Badri Morkel Bravo Ashwin Jakathi Southee Bolinger Excellent bowling lineup with plenty of variations.4 pace bowlers , 2 good spinners and quality batsmen upto no.7.Even Ashwin is a decent bat. Left arm pace bowler off spinner left arm spinner plenty of variations.As for Bolinger being out of form he is out of form in tests but in ODIs he is still their best bowlers and based on stats he is in top 3 in world in last 2 years. And We also have Best captain in the world :dance:

this time around a whole new format of the ipl, i dont know abt the grup stage, but after that no semis , It is as follows:-(depends on their position in the gropu stage) Match 1- TEam 1 v/s TEam 2(winner in the finals, loser still in the hunt) MAtch 2-TEam 3 v/s TEam 4(winner still in the hunt,loser eliminated) MAtch 3Team who lost the first match v/s Team who won the second match) MAtch 4-THE final (between the winner of match 3 and and 1) so, the matches will be knockouts for teams finishing 3 and 4 in group stage

very nice pinks ab tum humse hi larhogey :mad:
Never. But during IPL... perhaps ;) I was born with a potty mouth :(( kya karoon control hi nahi hota.
@pink i know man :two_thumbs_up: and Aku is a girl yar thoda respect show karo dost
It was all in good fun Gambo :dance: