Played a maiden after 10 years: Viru

Mohan470

Explosive opener Virender Sehwag said that this was the first time in the last 10 years that he played a maiden over. The Delhi opener played 6 deliveries of fiery pacer Lasith Malinga without scoring a run in their game against Mumbai Indians at Delhi. "Yes, I think after 10 years I played a maiden today. It was a plan. We lost two wickets so I thought let me play Malinga because others may not be able to pick him. We have 10 debutants in Delhi squad and it will take a little time for us to come together," Sehwag said. The Daredevils, playing their first game in the tournament folded for a mere 95 runs thanks to a splendid bowling display by Malinga, who ended up with a five wicket haul. "A 140-150 is a good total here, but everything went Mumbai's way." However, the Delhi skipper was confident the team will do better in their future games. "We have a good bowling unit and fielding. I am the only one who have played in the last three IPL. I am sure we will come good in the coming matches," he said.
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/39686/played-a-maiden-after-10-years-viru# I want Sehwag always put pressure on Bowler. Sehwag rocks...........B->

Obviously that is not true but what is the big deal. He is making a point that it has been a long time since he has done it. Sehwag is not the one to give a **** about checking facts. thats the way he plays. apparently this topic is a big one on the other famous forum where people are backslapping each other on proving Sehwag wrong and spending nights going through match commentaries to dig up instances to prove him wrong.

Why are you guyz such idiots ? If I say, OMG 100SAAL BAAD BROWNIE KHAYI!!! doesnt mean ki i ate that 100yrs baaad :mad: losers ! :mad:
If you listen to Viru's interviews.. it is usually like buddies sitting on wall and chatting. He just talks far too casually that you can take him seriously. He is not exactly media savvy like say Gauti or Dhoni. We just make fun of him. It is not like he killed anybody, bite the ball, danced on the pitch.

Why are you guyz such idiots ? If I say, OMG 100SAAL BAAD BROWNIE KHAYI!!! doesnt mean ki i ate that 100yrs baaad :mad: losers ! :mad:
Exactly, its a figure of speech used a lot while speaking in hindi(southies will have no clue). Obviously doesnt translate well into englsih

Exactly' date=' its a figure of speech used a lot while speaking in hindi(southies will have no clue). Obviously doesnt translate well into englsih[/quote'] Happens when you translate hindi into English... This is a harmless statement. Sometimes.. his statements might be controversial coz of it.

He meant that it was the first time that he was trying to play an over out. How the hell can you never play a maiden in 10 overs? LOL @ retards trying to prove that he has played a maiden in the last 10 years. :facepalm:
I know he meant that. But it shows even an experienced played like Sehwag can say something which doesnt make sense in heat of moment like Shoaib Malik Muslim apology statement in 2007 final when he wanted to say Pakistan.

check padosis.. having nothing to do after world cup whopping' date=', check all cricinfo commentary archives and post.. and congradulate themselves. :hysterical:[/quote'] Oh man, thats epic :hysterical::hysterical: I can imagine people going through years and years of cricinfo match commentaries trying to spot a maiden over faced by Viru. :giggle: and the back pats after being successful