Eden Gardens Empty

Stuge

But thats not a reason' date=' IIRC Dravid and Laxman were in the same base price category, this situation could have been handled better by the KKR management, they lacked foresight.[/quote'] Think Dravid and Laxman had lesser base price than him i may be wrong but thats how i felt it was during that time

Think Dravid and Laxman had lesser base price than him i may be wrong but thats how i felt it was during that time
They were in same price bracket ! Even Kumble but than he opted out because I think RCB informed him they wont bid for him so he choose to be the teams mentor and pulled out ! SRK retard could have been a little less self righteous pr!ck and told Dada to his face what his plans were because from what I got the impression Dada never expected this kind of backstabbing.

Face the fact' date=' Ganguly wanted to play and was convinced by SPW That they'll bid for him. The owners wanted him, Only to be Rejected by Marsh.[/quote'] I guess thats why people felt he was insulted .They could have told him before the auction that they won't buy him like RR did with Kumble .

I guess thats why people felt he was insulted .They could have told him before the auction that they won't buy him like RR did with Kumble .
Very Much True. Thats not the way You treat a Player of that Stature.

I have Media reports where Ganguly was Linked to Pune. Do not have anyone from SPW to convince people. Some of the Southie Dada fans said SPW Came to Chennai where Ganguly was playing for Bengal and took a Fitness Test and some other things.

http://www.criclounge.com/news/1828/Sahara-Pune-Warriors-Interested-In-DADA-.html http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/IPL-4-Sourav-Ganguly-no-more-a-Kolkata-Knight/718055/ http://www.sportzpower.com/?q=content/kkr-not-keen-retaining-ganguly-report Plus there were Reports in the Local Media and some trust Worthy Local Media. Sourav actually was Told that Pune would go all out for him As Far as we Know. Later they backed off. Had not been Pune, May be Sourav not had his name in the Auction.

Where did you get that Figure from? It looked much more Filled up' date=' than what it is Now. From the TV Viewers , It looked like 1000-2000, Leter I came to know it was 30k.[/quote'] I also read that...somewhere...dont know maybe was telegraph. Last year Eden was getting around 25-30K fans in the ground easily (even though it was under construction/renovation for WC). The opening game...from TV looked like around 20K...but 30K plus is a big turnout IMO. Thats the full house for some other IPL grounds LOL

Pune was interested in him but Rajasthan Royals, RCB and one more franchise said, you cant buy him after the auction is over. You cant make special provisions and hence Pune couldnt get there guy. and had Pune signed him, I would have supported them out of mere respect. This is one time when I felt bad supporting Rajasthan Royals since they were one of the team opposing.