Ex-cricketer Khan banned from Karachi travel

King

Strange! How can you debar a citizen from visiting part of his country? How effed up would it be to hear that Sachin Tendulkar has been debarred from entering Tamil Nadu?? I am surprised how a State Govt. can do such a thing and get away with it. xxx

It's quite strange why the people of Karachi support an organization like MQM and Imran was quite correct to blash the British government for their support of A Hussian. waisay that's what i was telling to Ravi that currently Imran Khan has a lot more important issues to worry about than to bring PAK cricket back on track.

It's quite strange why the people of Karachi support an organization like MQM and Imran was quite correct to blash the British government for their support of A Hussian.
More importantly, why does the President of Pakistan support, aid and abet an organization like the MQM?
Guest dada_rocks
More importantly' date=' why does the President of Pakistan support, aid and abet an organization like the MQM?[/quote'] List is long: taliban,LeT ...... Baat nikalegi to fir dur talak jayegi.... MQM despite its metamorphsis into dark, remains the only real agrarian party. Unlike the other parties of pakistan this party is not chaudhary,wadhera yada yada landlord conglomerate.............

It's a shame really to stop one of your icons from visiting a city. BTW what is MQM MP? A political party? To appease a political party the President has banned Imran Khan from entering a city. Have I got it right?

Guest dada_rocks
It's a shame really to stop one of your icons from visiting a city. BTW what is MQM MP? A political party? To appease a political party the President has banned Imran Khan from entering a city. Have I got it right?
I don't know what constitution of pakistan says on this but in India people can be denied entry to certain regions by local govt. District collector has power to disallow entry of even PM of India if he fills his presence could mean law and order problem. Imran Khan have been making noise calling AH terrorist and karachi has very strong following for this person so things might get interesting if Khan saheb enters the city at this juncture.

Also, Ravi, in India, to go to certain states, you need central govt. permission. I can't be sure of everyplace but so far, if you are not from the following areas (ie, you don't reside there/dont have familial residence there), you need permission to enter : J&K, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and maybe Manipur. Its pretty messed up, i agree but there are laws like these everyplace i think. Even in Canada, you need special permission before going to Nunavut.

Also, Ravi, in India, to go to certain states, you need central govt. permission. I can't be sure of everyplace but so far, if you are not from the following areas (ie, you don't reside there/dont have familial residence there), you need permission to enter : J&K, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and maybe Manipur.
Thats only partially true. You dont need permission to enter any of these states you have mentioned. However, there are militarily sensitive areas of these states where its not permitted to enter without proper documentation. Besides that you can pretty much roam around wherever you want.

i do not know if this is for particular military sensetive areas only or the state itself. However, i am sure that we( my family and I) had to obtain permission at Darjeeling to go to Nathula pass. When I visited Rohtang Pass (Himachal Pradesh) many years ago, we were told that we need clearance to proceed any further on the road ( which eventually goes to Leh) as it goes into Kashmir. I've heard from my cousin that he needed a permit to fly into Itanagar and he resides in Kolkata..

However, i am sure that we( my family and I) had to obtain permission at Darjeeling to go to Nathula pass. When I visited Rohtang Pass (Himachal Pradesh) many years ago, we were told that we need clearance to proceed any further on the road ( which eventually goes to Leh).
Nathu La pass is located in Sikkim on the India-China border. Its no surprise that you needed permission to go there. Gangtok is in the same state but doesn't require any special permission. Manali-Leh highway? Are you sure? I have been on that without any permission all the way to Leh. There are certain areas of the Lahaul-Spiti valley, again military zone, on the way where you require special permit but unless you are planning to stop there you don't need any permission. There are even sarkaari buses which run on that route. What you might be referring to is if you want to proceed east after crossing Rohtang up the Chenaab towards Kibber etc. which is again the India-China border. Going to Leh requires no special permission.

BTW it is not the permissions guys, Imran Khan is banned from entering "Karachi". I thought "Karachi" is a huge city and is not a military sensitive area or a Taliban controlled area. It is a big huge city for heaven's sake. I can't believe the govt can put their feet down and say to someone not to enter a popular city. The political set up in Pakistan is completely facked up.