Sathya Sai Baba passes away

nballa

You don’t understand – These supposed charities were nothing but a front for the well-orchestrated rip-off scheme that was going in the background. Think of it – if I am proclaim myself to be a Godman who is larger than life what would be in my interest? Keep all the money that came to me in the name of donations and arouse suspicion or use a fraction of it on public welfare projects and get the collective goodwill of the entire public' date=' thus implicitly ensuring the steady stream of hapless devotees and their subsequent monetary contributions, never subsides?[/quote'] So what do you think will happen to all the wealth of his that he amassed over many decades?

You don’t understand – These supposed charities were nothing but a front for the well-orchestrated rip-off scheme that was going in the background. Think of it – if I am proclaim myself to be a Godman who is larger than life what would be in my interest? Keep all the money that came to me in the name of donations and arouse suspicion or use a fraction of it on public welfare projects and get the collective goodwill of the entire public' date=' thus implicitly ensuring the steady stream of hapless devotees and their subsequent monetary contributions, never subsides?[/quote'] some of the icfers need to be told to read the posts once again before replying i have full clarity about what i need to understand. i did not take any stand, i merely said whats in the news. i even added that people believe what they want. i did not even read beyond two lines of your post.

But couldn't he do just that without claiming he was a reincarnation of god' date=' being a miracle worker and all that BS?[/quote'] Of course he did that. But to get the fame and hype going.....he claimed all the magical and spiritual things he can do in his early days. Once he developed a fanbase.......he took a back seat and raked in the money. fast forward today....hes basically living of hype and name. Heck of a hype and fanbase he built.

So what do you think will happen to all the wealth of his that he amassed over many decades?
What else – there’s going to be an appalling and mad scramble by a group of his inner coterie, relatives, administrators to get as big a slice as possible.

What else – there’s going to be an appalling and mad scramble by a group of his inner coterie' date=' relatives, administrators to get as big a slice as possible.[/quote'] So what was the point of him raking in all that wealth? So when he dies....random people and whoever can leech of him?

So what was the point of him raking in all that wealth? So when he dies....random people and whoever can leech of him?
Lol, you can ask that question of anybody dude, not just the dead Baba. Why did Bernie Madoff run an elaborate ponzi worth a $50 bn? At some point, he was going to die as well and his family, friends and relatives are going to benefit from that anyway. Still, why did he do that?

Lets get one thing straight: Doing philanthropy DOES NOT make you a miracle man. The irony is that this joker will be remembered as a miracle worker because of his charitable work, which is an absolute cop out. How did he amass that $5.5 billion dollar fortune or whatever it is. Prying on the weak and gullible, thats how.

Lets get one thing straight: Doing philanthropy DOES NOT make you a miracle man.
You can blame all those people who donated instead of the casual armchair public because they have nothing lose or gain other than acknowledge some beneficial acts he gave back to the community even if he kept 99% of it.

Lol, you can ask that question of anybody dude, not just the dead Baba. Why did Bernie Madoff run an elaborate ponzi worth a $50 bn? At some point, he was going to die as well and his family, friends and relatives are going to benefit from that anyway. Still, why did he do that?
Did Bernie Maddoff's wealth help even a single person in the entire world?? I am not a follower of Sathya Sai Baba nor do I believe in his magic etc but he, despite all his weaknesses (corruption and the sexual incidents etc) at least helped people with the money he got from the richer class. He was corrupt no doubt and most certainly a fraud also and definitely no magician as he claimed but despite all that most of that money he got as donations etc was spent for charitable purposes only. So, as much as I hate him for corruption etc I respect the fact that ultimately he did help people through all those hospitals and educational institutes etc.

Did Bernie Maddoff's wealth help even a single person in the entire world?? I am not a follower of Sathya Sai Baba nor do I believe in his magic etc but he' date=' despite all his weaknesses (corruption and the sexual incidents etc) at least helped people with the money he got from the richer class. He was corrupt no doubt and most certainly a fraud also and definitely no magician as he claimed but despite all that [b']most of that money he got as donations etc was spent for charitable purposes only. So, as much as I hate him for corruption etc I respect the fact that ultimately he did help people through all those hospitals and educational institutes etc.
Not most, but a very little fraction. He had no choice. A Godman needs goodwill and the only way to get it is by donating money to charitable purposes. It was the bait he put out to get more fish. But I have to admit that the trust's organization abilities were very good. When they spent money, there was little seepage and almost all of it was used for the intended purpose. Definitely good did come out of his charitable initiatives, but a lot of people also donated money hoping that a miracle by Baba would give them more.

Not most, but a very little fraction. He had no choice. A Godman needs goodwill and the only way to get it is by donating money to charitable purposes. It was the bait he put out to get more fish.
What do you think about all the donations and charitable causes that are generated through other major religions followings? Like in tirupati? They get enough gold and money to build gold plated foot paths and all these other luxuries along the whole pilgrimage. Isnt that exactly the same as like this now? Its just their a 'proper' identity we can refer to.....whereas other gods they are ancient and have been followed for many millenia

Did Bernie Maddoff's wealth help even a single person in the entire world?? I am not a follower of Sathya Sai Baba nor do I believe in his magic etc but he' date=' despite all his weaknesses (corruption and the sexual incidents etc) at least helped people with the money he got from the richer class. He was corrupt no doubt and most certainly a fraud also and definitely no magician as he claimed but despite all that most of that money he got as donations etc was spent for charitable purposes only. So, as much as I hate him for corruption etc I respect the fact that ultimately he did help people through all those hospitals and educational institutes etc.[/quote'] For the zillionth time, what difference does it make whether he used a portion of that money for charitable purposes? It doesn’t change the fact that he conned hapless devotees of god knows how many 100s of crores and used portions of it to build a hospital here, a pipeline there and the rest of money simply vanishe into thin air. If I dupe you of a 100 rupees, but used 25 rupees to buy you two samosas, will you come to me and say ‘What an honorable man you are..!’ :laugh:

I am hearing that news that Sachin Tendulkar maybe attending Sai Baba’s funereal via a special chartered flight and all. And I must say, as a Sach fanatic, this is the first time in my life his action, both on the field or off it, have actually disappointed me immensely. For somebody like Sachin to take all the pains to attend his funereal, it will not only go a long way in legitimizing the entire fraudulent legacy of this huckster, but also pave the way for many more scam artistes like him in the future as well.
I couldn't agree with you more. Seriously ,I was just shocked and awe to see sachin being a follower of this guy :(.

Did Bernie Maddoff's wealth help even a single person in the entire world?? I am not a follower of Sathya Sai Baba nor do I believe in his magic etc but he' date=' despite all his weaknesses (corruption and the sexual incidents etc) at least helped people with the money he got from the richer class. He was corrupt no doubt and most certainly a fraud also and definitely no magician as he claimed but despite all that most of that money he got as donations etc was spent for charitable purposes only. So, as much as I hate him for corruption etc I respect the fact that ultimately he did help people through all those hospitals and educational institutes etc.[/quote'] just like him even gov though corrupt does a bit for the society ike building dams ,flyovers ,schools ,hospitals. So ,as per your conclusion whatever corruption govt does is ok because they use 1% of the public money to good use and rest they consume themselves .great going bro .