Warne punished for dissent

King

BTW he did taunt Aleem Dar in similar fashion too couple of years ago. He got away then but not this time. Looks like ECB handles these issues better than the hapless ICC. 055951.jpghttp://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200411/s1247777.htm War of words leaves Warne unscathed Australian leg spinner Shane Warne has avoided official sanction after his verbal clash with Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar during the second day of the first Test against New Zealand in Brisbane on Friday. The leading Test wicket-taker was called for two wides which Dar interpreted as 'negative bowling' as he attempted to stifle Kiwi century-maker Jacob Oram's scoring with deliveries down the leg-side. The Kiwi all-rounder top-scored with a blistering unbeaten 126 in his team's first innings of 353 to put the Aussies under pressure on the second day. "I was trying to bowl a slow top-spinner wide of leg-stump so he (Oram) could top-edge a sweep, because he likes to sweep and the umpire said it was negative bowling so he 'wided' me," Warne said. "I thought the first one was a little bit wide but the second one I didn't think it was a wide so I asked him 'is that negative, is it?' and he said 'you look after your job and I'll worry about mine', so I said 'no problem.'" The effects microphone at the ground also caught Warne apparently advising Dar to "have a read of the lbw law". Warne said he was disappointed to be called for the wides but praised Black Caps' skipper Stephen Fleming for getting the best out of his New Zealand team. When fading light ended play with three overs left to bowl, Australia was 4 for 197 - 156 runs behind New Zealand's first innings 353 - with in-form Damien Martyn making an authoritative 59 and new talent Michael Clarke on 31. Warne, who added four more wickets to take his world record wicket-taking tally to 545, paid tribute to the leadership skills of Fleming, who was in doubt in the lead-up Test with a debilitating virus he picked up during the Kiwis' recent tour to Bangladesh. "We always rate the Kiwis highly, they always are, no matter what you guys (media) say," Warne said. "They always seem to lift and play well against Australia and one of the reasons is how well they are led by Stephen Fleming. "I think he's one of the best captains going around and he just gets the best out of his team ... that's a sign of a good captain and to get the best out of each individual playing and he has that ability. "New Zealand always fight and they'll keep fighting and they did plenty well with the bat and the ball, but hopefully day three will be a different day for Australia."

Oh yea.. its super cool to -- take diuretics "given by my mom" -- send lewd sms messages to a women in the middle of the night -- getting caught smoking when you signed up for an anti smoking campaign -- sell pitch information ( whatever that means ) to a bookie Still , he is darling of the masses !!! how does he do that !! And murali , for all his divine qualities , is the most villified cricketer in the history of world cricket ! Prejudiced world ( read white) media anybody ????

Oh yea.. its super cool to -- take diuretics "given by my mom" -- send lewd sms messages to a women in the middle of the night -- getting caught smoking when you signed up for an anti smoking campaign -- sell pitch information ( whatever that means ) to a bookie Still , he is darling of the masses !!! how does he do that !! And murali , for all his divine qualities , is the most villified cricketer in the history of world cricket ! Prejudiced world ( read white) media anybody ????
Yeah, but he is a top player and a likeable guy. Chuttiah Chutiahlitharan is a lying, conniving scumbag who cheats for every wicket he gets by chucking.

Predz... Murali is not a cheater.. he is a freak of a cricketer ! He is beyond the law , simply because the law isnt sophisticated enough to handle cases like him. If a bowler were to copy Murali's action, movement for movement , he wouldnt be able to extract even 30% of the turn and bounce as murali does. And the bent-arm rule was originally designed for preventing fast bowlers frm chucking.. It is not suitable to apply it to spin bowling..

Why' date=' because he likes to chat up women ? What is wrong with that ?[/quote'] Who cares about his chat with women? He snatches the camera away from kids but is caught nude on camera :tounge_smile: Just awesome. :hysterical: