Sehwag takes blame for Delhi's poor run in IPL

Stuge

Owning up blame for Delhi Daredevils' pathetic run in the Indian Premier League, skipper Virender Sehwag said his own poor form has hit the team badly. Delhi suffered its fifth defeat in seven matches when it lost to Kolkata Knight Riders by 17 runs, on Thursday night. They are languishing at the bo ttom of the points table. "I have only got one fifty in the seven games. So I need to look at my performance also. If I get going it will be difficult for other teams to come back," the Delhi skipper said. Sehwag said he need to spend some time at the crease if his side has to do well. "I'll have to shoulder the responsibility and need to stay at the wicket for 12-15 overs. It will be good for my team," he said. The Delhi captain feels that some shuffling in the batting order has become imperative but defended his decision to send Travis Birt ahead of in-form Y Venugopal Rao in the match against KKR.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/cricket/IPL2011/Sehwag-takes-blame-for-Delhi-s-poor-run-in-IPL/cricketnews/SP-Article10-690998.aspx

DD has been turning crappier year after year and he is not the sole reason for it. Even last year they were crappy with a star studded lineup though not as much as they are nowadays. To be frank, if they had retained players such as Dilshan and Karthik then too I am not sure how well they might have performed as the mentioned players are also sucking in their new franchisees. Their only two losses are ABDV and Gauti who should have been retained. But then Gauti was not exceptional while in DD too. But as I said DD are the new KKR of IPL and I told it at the start and made a thread on it if I remember correctly.

Viru doing the honorable thing and taking all the blame on his shoulder. But he knows that the reason for Delhi’s failures this season extend far beyond his batting form alone. Why did the DDCA prepare some really sluggish for DD’s first 3 home games, despite knowing that the team was stacked with a plethora of fast bowlers? Remember, Viru and DDCA bigwigs have had a history of confrontation. Maybe they thought this was an ideal opportunity to get some back of their own.

The pitches suck: Even the home team does not know what they are getting on the match day. From 200+ pitches to 100 run pitches, they have been served all. The coach sucks: Keeps selecting 'talented' Aussie youngsters over the likes of Ingram and even McDonalnd. Consistently playing 5 fast bowlers and having no faith in Shahbaz Nadeem. The Owners suck: For having a brain fart during the auction and buying 9 fast bowlers and not even one world class spinner. What were they thinking?? I still remember the smirk on that bald guys face when he was outbidding every other franchise for Indian fast bowlers. And yes, Veeru is right in owning up too. His consistent 20s are not not helping the tea.