Harbhajan's short run

The Outsider

Alright I am no fan of Bhajji but I think people here are going a little overboard. Firstly, he did not even ground his bat. He just realized he won't make it and ditched the run and ran back to keep the strike. End of it all the rule should be changed and they should have awarded 0 runs for it. I wonder if Bhajji is even aware of this rule.

Alright I am no fan of Bhajji but I think people here are going a little overboard. Firstly, he did not even ground his bat. He just realized he won't make it and ditched the run and ran back to keep the strike. End of it all the rule should be changed and they should have awarded 0 runs for it. I wonder if Bhajji is even aware of this rule.
++

Guest Gunner
Come on man' date=' if the umpires don't know the rules, how do you expect Bhaji to know.[/quote'] I don't think he was aware of the rules etc however he just wanted to get back using any shortcut and he did. In this case it paid off for him. If this had been international cricket he would have still done it.

Cannot believe people are defending him. If it had been another player in a international match vs india, all of you will be very angry.
who is defending him . Unlike Dhoni who was foolishly giving strike to Tailenders against south africa (WC match )

who is defending him . Unlike Dhoni who was foolishly giving strike to Tailenders against south africa (WC match )
Well, when people are you start saying this is not cheating, clearly that is wrong. If some other player did that, surely all of you would be abusing

Cannot believe people are defending him. If it had been another player in a international match vs india, all of you will be very angry.
i agree.. say this was a pakistani player. Or lets say this is world cup final india vs Pakistan.. Pakistan needed 7 runs off 2 balls with one or two wickets in hand to lift the cup. And suppose shahid afridi does the same thing what harbhajan singh did yesterday and hit a six for the last ball to win cup. Would you have defended him or called him a cheater. I think we would have asked bcci/icc to ban him and fresh world cup final.

Bhajji should not have been awarded any runs for the ball ICC should bring another rule that says if the bat is grounded outside 10 inches of the popping crease, then no run shall be awarded to the batsman for the ball and the original strike position would be retained. End OF

:hysterical::hysterical: Just love the gems - now left with nothing ignorance of rules is being peddled as an excuse.
Excuse. Initially I thought it was a very smart move from him. Even after watching cricket for 20 years this thought never crossed my mind. But now I learn its against the rules. More than Bhajji 'cheating', I think the rule itself is stupid. Frankly, I am not even a fan of the one short rule. I find it perfectly fine if you can ditch the run and go back to keep strike only that you should be awarded 0 runs. Giving one warning and awarding one run!!! Thats ridiculous. :cantstop:

This is all done within the laws of the game. You get one warning and then you're off. Let's get this straight: .
Clearly people have no comprehension here of what the word 'warning' means. Even young thiefs and criminals are let off with warnings the first time. Doesnt mean that theft is not a crime. Warning is a punishment for breaking the law. so no, its not within the law

Although legal, but its against the spirit of the game. Mumbai I am afraid are sore losers :(. Warne was right in the end. P.S : I am a Mumbaikar so its not easy for me to say that, but I felt the same what Warne said.