India-South Africa one-day series doubtful

King

India's one-day series with South Africa in Ireland next month is in doubt following the cancellation of a deal between the Indian cricket board and the broadcast rights holder, a report said Wednesday. More... India-South Africa one-day series doubtful India's one-day series with South Africa in Ireland next month is in doubt following the cancellation of a deal between the Indian Cricket Board and the broadcast rights holder, a report said overnight. Private broadcaster Zee Television pulled out of the five-year deal they signed with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to televise matches involving India at neutral venues, the Press Trust of India news agency said. The BCCI had signed the deal with Zee after promising to play at least 25 matches in a year at neutral venues, including the three-match series in Belfast from June 26 to July 1. "We have decided to scrap the deal," said top Zee official Ashish Kaul.

I think the above report is wrong. From what I remember when the contracts were signed, 20-25 ODIs were to be played over a 3-4 year period or something similar. On the topic, I think its good that the TV companies are hitting the BCCI where it hurts most. Nimbus has also withdrawn from the crazy carnival of the Afro-Asia Cup.