IPL 2011 Fugly batting thread

ganeshran

oh yea Manoj Tiwary is the beacon of technical perfection. He is the next bradman in the making. He can put the MCC coaching manual to shame :hail: :hail:
Talk about Putting words in Mouth, You are one classic example. Did I ever say that. But Ugly? No IMO. I dont think you have watched him play. Looks pretty decent. Or may be a case that you dont like 'Tiwarys' :D

Talk about Putting words in Mouth, You are one classic example. Did I ever say that. But Ugly? No IMO. I dont think you have watched him play. Looks pretty decent. Or may be a case that you dont like 'Tiwarys' :D
Are you insinuating regional bias? He plays a lot of fugly shots while playing. That doesnt make him a bad player. A lot of fugly players are effective too. But he is in no way a elegant player.

Are you insinuating regional bias? He plays a lot of fugly shots while playing. That doesnt make him a bad player. A lot of fugly players are effective too. But he is in no way a elegant player.
Saurabh Tiwary does I agree, But Manoj , I am not sure. And one more thing you are right he is not elegant, But all those who are not elegant are not Ugly. Apart from GODDY, Dravid, Rohit, Yuvraj and Laxman or may be Sehwag. How many Indian cricketers you would say are not Ugly?

Saurabh Tiwary does I agree' date=' But Manoj , I am not sure. And one more thing you are right he is not elegant, But all those who are not elegant are not Ugly. Apart from GODDY, Dravid, Rohit, Yuvraj and Laxman or may be Sehwag. How many Indian cricketers you would say are not Ugly?[/quote'] Gambhir , Kohli, Pujara are all proper batsmen. From what I have seen of Rahane, he seems a good prospect too.

Gambhir ' date=' Kohli, Pujara are all proper batsmen. From what I have seen of Rahane, he seems a good prospect too.[/quote'] I see you are being Biased there, If you say Gambhir and Pujara are actually 'Elegant' or Not Ugly and Manoj Tiwary is, Not sure how many would agree. Can you please post a Youtube Link as to which shots of Tiwary you are calling Ugly?

I see you are being Biased there' date=' If you say Gambhir and Pujara are actually 'Elegant' or Not Ugly and Manoj Tiwary is, Not sure how many would agree. Can you please post a Youtube Link as to which shots of Tiwary you are calling Ugly?[/quote'] 7FX6YqTT-0Q There are many of his shots which are not on youtube because they didnt go for fours or sixes... But he loves the slog which will work great on even bounce pitches, but the minute the ball is moving around, he will faill. Why would I be biased? Because he is a bong?

7FX6YqTT-0Q There are many of his shots which are not on youtube because they didnt go for fours or sixes... But he loves the slog which will work great on even bounce pitches, but the minute the ball is moving around, he will faill. Why would I be biased? Because he is a bong?
Firstly He is Not a Bong :hysterical: Next is the link you gave is from IPL 3, He played a sweep from Outside Offstump how's that a Slog and an Ugly one? He looks to me as if he has improved his Batting, dont you think so? I havent seen him play when the ball moves around. Have you?

Firstly He is Not a Bong :hysterical: Next is the link you gave is from IPL 3, He played a sweep from Outside Offstump how's that a Slog and an Ugly one? He looks to me as if he has improved his Batting, dont you think so? I havent seen him play when the ball moves around. Have you?
I thought he was born in Bengal and played there :hmmmm2: He leaned into the shot and swung wildly. Little bit of more bounce and that was a recipe for disaster. He has improved his performances, I dont think he has improved his batting. Ugly batting is something subject to interpretation, so I think be bats ugly, you think he doesn't. We can agree to disagree here.

I thought he was born in Bengal and played there :hmmmm2: He leaned into the shot and swung wildly. Little bit of more bounce and that was a recipe for disaster. He has improved his performances, I dont think he has improved his batting. Ugly batting is something subject to interpretation, so I think be bats ugly, you think he doesn't. We can agree to disagree here.
Yes there are many Non Bongs who are Born and Brought up in Bengal and Vice Versa. Raina sometimes sweeps in the same manner , doesnt he? Fair :nice: Just adding one question for You, I havent seen him hit Fast bowlers this well before, What you think?

Yes there are many Non Bongs who are Born and Brought up in Bengal and Vice Versa. Raina sometimes sweeps in the same manner , doesnt he? Fair :nice:
Raina has some ugly slogs too. Thats why he doesnt do too well on bouncy tracks. But he cant be called a blind slogger either, have seen a lot of good shots from him too.

Raina has some ugly slogs too. Thats why he doesnt do too well on bouncy tracks. But he cant be called a blind slogger either' date=' have seen a lot of good shots from him too.[/quote'] I Dont think you can call Manoj a Blind slogger too, his First Class average is Good One question for You, I havent seen him hit Fast bowlers this well before, What you think?

I Dont think you can call Manoj a Blind slogger too, his First Class average is Good One question for You, I havent seen him hit Fast bowlers this well before, What you think?
This time he is better than before. But I dont feel he can be the first choice 11 international standard unless some of the current batsman go through a very bad patch.

This time he is better than before. But I dont feel he can be the first choice 11 international standard unless some of the current batsman go through a very bad patch.
No way we should get players into international side on the basis of IPL Performances. But I think this lad is Talented and a Good Hitter.