US-India nuclear deal talks fail

Gaurav

This is AWESOME news Gai!!!!!!!!! We can't be taken for a ride--pick on p*ssy little nations Uncle Sam--you can't shove us around. And might I add: the BJP saw this FROM A MILE AWAY. Looks like the "Hindu chauvanist evil, devil bastards" saved the nation once again.

Guest dada_rocks
This is AWESOME news Gai!!!!!!!!! We can't be taken for a ride--pick on p*ssy little nations Uncle Sam--you can't shove us around. And might I add: the BJP saw this FROM A MILE AWAY. Looks like the "Hindu chauvanist evil, devil bastards" saved the nation once again.
It's nothing new. They always do brother, first and foremost thing talked in every RSS sakha every day in the morning is Rashtra-nirman. Their existing social-welfare schemes trump every other organizations put together by a country mile. Anyway I am interested in knowing the condition which turned out to be the deal-breaker.

Guest dada_rocks
Democrats suck. They were the more vocal critics of this deal. Imagine the gall of these losers to equate India with Iran.:shades_smile:
Precisely that's why my fav news channle is FOX. Who wants the high-headed pontification of dems viz a viz India.

Precisely that's why my fav news channle is FOX. Who wants the high-headed pontification of dems viz a viz India.
No wonder you spew a lot of meaningless venom and twisted 'facts' - now it makes sense. 'Fox' is your fav. channel. Aka the most unashamedly anti-muslim, pro-white channel in north america. Tere maalikon ne accha sikhaya hai lagta hai. Ironic thing is, you hold Fox near and dear for their muslim-bashing yet you do not get that the 'Fox dudes' you so admire hate you for being brown in the first place !

Gotta agree to that harsh post - Fox News is the biggest load of cr@p in the world - it is famous for being the mouthpiece of far-right religious and authoritarian exctreamists - it reports nothing, instead having 'commentators' talk mindless drivel about selective news stories.

Guest dada_rocks
No wonder you spew a lot of meaningless venom and twisted 'facts' - now it makes sense. 'Fox' is your fav. channel. Aka the most unashamedly anti-muslim' date=' pro-white channel in north america. Tere maalikon ne accha sikhaya hai lagta hai. Ironic thing is, you hold Fox near and dear for their muslim-bashing yet you do not get that the 'Fox dudes' you so admire hate you for being brown in the first place ![/quote'] Don't start ur crap again......

Guest dada_rocks
Gotta agree to that harsh post - Fox News is the biggest load of cr@p in the world - it is famous for being the mouthpiece of far-right religious and authoritarian exctreamists - it reports nothing' date=' instead having 'commentators' talk mindless drivel about selective news stories.[/quote'] Let us say I glean what I need from even crap-stirrers. BTW rest are far-left hallucinator communazi loonies too so what difference does it make. At least when it comes to India specifi issues I don't get to hear supremist pontification on FOX unlike other channels.

You arnt the first person who has said that the rest of American TV News channels are leftist after watching Fox - but what you fail to realise is CNN and MSNBC are centre-right when compared to news channels worldwide. When Bill O'Reily says a channel is 'loony left' they must look that way to a xenophobic and fascist compulsive liar like himself. Besides, left and right refers to economics, rather than social issues - and every American channel is well right of centre by that standard. I dunno how Fox reports on India - but im sure 99% of their ex-KKK evangelist viewers see India as 'a land of darkness' that desperately needs Jebus :) I suggest you watch 'Outfoxed'.

BTW rest are far-left hallucinator communazi loonies too so what difference does it make.
Outside of Quebecois and some European channels ( continental),there is no such thing in the western media. Since you dont follow European or Quebecois media, it stands to reason then that the media you come across cannot be from the far-left tilt. Further extrapolation leads to the conclusion that you, as usual, don't know what you are talking about by mistakenly labelling relatively liberal but still right-centrist media in the west as ' far-left hallucinators'.
At least when it comes to India specifi issues I don't get to hear supremist pontification on FOX unlike other channels.
You are either a very good liar or utterly ignorant on the highly racist/inflamatory programming of Fox towards India. Bill O'Reiley openly referring to India and Indians as 'a country with a lot of misguided souls and terrible history' is not supremist pontifications in your book. No sir, you like Fox because Fox is very good at satiating your pet project- anti-Islamic hatred and demonising muslims. Thats the bottomline and pity is even you may not know this in truth. You are so focussed on the 'islamist with a danda' angle that you do not see the 'xtian with the money' angle as their prime weapon. The ones who are the power behind Fox and its like channels have identical dream as the ones who are the 'islamic terrorists and their funders'. Only difference is you must replace the word 'muslim' with 'christian and white' in every instance.

Screw them, we have enough thorium (around 30 % of world's reserves ) which could be used to generate nuclear power in the foreseeable future plus we can seriously consider Iran gas deal now for our energy needs. Also, US can't be trusted to maintain sustained technical support for it's civilian nuclear technological know how anyways.

Bottom line is that Fox is crap and so is CNN! End of discussion. Move on and stop hijacking my thread! :hysterical: Looks like US just wants to tie our hands with this nuclear deal.
Even CNN is credible in front of Fox. Fox's level of quality, neutrality and objectivity is akin to that of Baghdad Bob's.

If India is smart, it will court Russia,Japan and France for Nuclear technology and lobby Canada for nuclear fuel. Scroo america- they are too bossy and unreliable in the long run.
While I guess I dont care either way, id like to give the other perspective of this whole deal. Unfortunatly, there are a two reasons why this deal was important to India: 1). America are pretty much the lynchpin to the rest of the nuclear world - Russia wouldnt supply India for risk of trade with America, Japan wouldnt supply India because they still rely on American military cover, and France might, but are only one country out of many, and arnt exactly nuclear masters. 2). India needs fast, reliable and efficient reactors funded by billions in foreign investment in order to obtain enough energy to fuel the economy in the long run. Pretty much the only way of doing that is to get the USA and nuclear suppliers to recognise India. A series of thorium reactors are not gonna be the same as several countries rushing to put billions of nuclear investment into India. If looking at the example of Japan, South Korea and Taiwan tought me anything, its that one shouldnt be afraid of a little deference to the USA if it means massive economic success. Overnight this deal would have pretty much turned India into the favoured developing country of America, above China - and that would have done a hell of a lot. Manmohan was right to pursue this deal - it was a great realpolitik move - but America should have given India an easier time - if this deal fails, it is entirely their fault, and both our losses.

1). America are pretty much the lynchpin to the rest of the nuclear world - Russia wouldnt supply India for risk of trade with America, Japan wouldnt supply India because they still rely on American military cover, and France might, but are only one country out of many, and arnt exactly nuclear masters.
We don't just need nuclear fuel- we need some technology too that India is lacking. Russia or Canada can supply that technology and Canada has a cr@pload of uranium it can sell India. India needs to lobby Canada more. France too is worth looking at.
If looking at the example of Japan, South Korea and Taiwan tought me anything, its that one shouldnt be afraid of a little deference to the USA if it means massive economic success.
Difference with us is that we arn't small like Japan,Taiwan or South Korea or geo-stratigically secure ( as an island nation like Japan is) for US to be the 'gaurantor' of our defences. Nor would we want them to. Problem is, the kind of concessons US is demanding on the Indian nuclear sector is similar to saying ' okay so lets have US nukes on our soil instead and US can push the button to blast our enemies when we are in trouble'.
Overnight this deal would have pretty much turned India into the favoured developing country of America, above China - and that would have done a hell of a lot.
I am not worried about this aspect. India and US are destined to be natural allies. Both have a strong democratic culture, both are geared towards an entreprenurial mentality and most importantly, India and US's geo-strategic goals are not in direct conflict. The democracy, human rights aspect and burgeoning economy is already going to make US a lot India centric and in the future, tilt the balance away from China. But India has to grow a bit too geo-politically and economically before it gets to that US-India partnership stage. Or else all that'd happen now is India becomes US's b!tch. So in a way, immediate improvement of the US-India relationship is not to India's long term gain. Too much American involvement might do wonders for our economy and geo-political clout at this point but the price we'd have to pay at this stage is too much control to the US geo-political and economic juggernaut.

I cant say I agree with waht you said about Japan being secure, etc, afterall, it was insecurity which drove all three of those nations into the USA's sphere - but perhaps you are right that another deal can be worked out independent of the USA.

sadly we lack the leadership that can act as catalyst to channel the "Brain" power that is abundantly available .. ohh well.
Indian 'brainpower' values the $$ more than 'desh-bhakti'. That is why the engineers and doctors and IT fellows here arnt in the military, BAARC, or ISRO or something and neither did we try. India will continue to lose the cream of its crop, just like any developing nation, until it can offer infrastructure and quality of lifestyle even 70% of that of the west.