US-India nuclear deal talks fail

Gaurav

i would blame the corrupt politicians for tht... if they can pocket crores of rupees from deals illegally, why not raise the salaries of scientists and engineers to private sector scale... the azzholes dont even realise, they can still profit by selling high quality defense products produced by those higher-paid scientists and engineers to other nations...

Check out the pay in Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) and factor in reservation for SC/ST which reduces availability of jobs, why would anybody want to stay in India and work for Govt sector? I used to have constant fights with my pop who worked in BARC his entire life in spite of getting numerous chances to work abroad for much better pay. http://www.barc.ernet.in/webpages/recruitment/

if they can pocket crores of rupees from deals illegally, why not raise the salaries of scientists and engineers to private sector scale...
Baba...even their crores-stealing is nothing compared to giving 5 times salary to every technical personnel (Which is 1000s of people in Army/BARC etc) every month for the rest of their careers. Simply speaking, we all know that 99.9 % of us here are in the west than in India because of the money we can make here.

Check out the pay in Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) and factor in reservation for SC/ST which reduces availability of jobs, why would anybody want to stay in India and work for Govt sector? I used to have constant fights with my pop who worked in BARC his entire life in spite of getting numerous chances to work abroad for much better pay. http://www.barc.ernet.in/webpages/recruitment/
LFAO- 10,000 rupees..when 1 kilo chicken in India(Kolkata) is 1500 rupees ?! I wouldn't have even done a summer-job there as a teenager for that kind of pay. 250 bucks/month salary is a joke for technical grads !

LFAO- 10,000 rupees..when 1 kilo chicken in India(Kolkata) is 1500 rupees ?! I wouldn't have even done a summer-job there as a teenager for that kind of pay. 250 bucks/month salary is a joke for technical grads !
But , I am surprised that the attrition rate is still very low for BARC jobs. They do provide excellent housing facilities and free health care for life. Also, their pension scheme is very good. But, got to agree that they still pay peanuts compared to s/w or MNC companies.

Simply speaking, we all know that 99.9 % of us here are in the west than in India because of the money we can make here.
True. While there are obviously more than one side to this equation(and yes the Indian salaries definitely need to go up), I am also quite perplexed by the way the NRI's are damaging Indian economy, albeit unknowingly. The other day I am talking to a good friend of mine who works in Delhi in a top Hospital and the chap is struggling to buy a decent 3 bedroom apartment. Reason being the going price is abouts 40-50 lakhs(and it is not in one of the posh area mind you). The only people who can afford this would be businessmen, corrupt politicians and bureaucrats, or Software guys.How many Indians can really buy a decent house in a major town these days when a Doctor is having problems?? To compound the situation I also know of a few friends that work with me in USA and have already bought 2-3 properties back home. Even though they are not living there it is considered an "investment" without realizing the cascading effect such "investments" are having on actual Indians. Why would the cost of land/aprtament go down when there is a buyer who is willing to give more than the next person? Now I do not have any issues with anyone's success(economically or otherwise) but I have started to wonder as to how many Non Residential Indians realize their effect on India. xxxx

True. While there are obviously more than one side to this equation(and yes the Indian salaries definitely need to go up), I am also quite perplexed by the way the NRI's are damaging Indian economy, albeit unknowingly. The other day I am talking to a good friend of mine who works in Delhi in a top Hospital and the chap is struggling to buy a decent 3 bedroom apartment. Reason being the going price is abouts 40-50 lakhs(and it is not in one of the posh area mind you). The only people who can afford this would be businessmen, corrupt politicians and bureaucrats, or Software guys.How many Indians can really buy a decent house in a major town these days when a Doctor is having problems?? To compound the situation I also know of a few friends that work with me in USA and have already bought 2-3 properties back home. Even though they are not living there it is considered an "investment" without realizing the cascading effect such "investments" are having on actual Indians. Why would the cost of land/aprtament go down when there is a buyer who is willing to give more than the next person? Now I do not have any issues with anyone's success(economically or otherwise) but I have started to wonder as to how many Non Residential Indians realize their effect on India. xxxx
You speak true my friend. Agree with your post.

Surely , one shouldn't discount the fact that it because of NRI's , the real estate prices in cities like Bangalore, Pune , Hyderabad have gone up so high that buying flat for an average middle class man , let's say with a BARC salary is next to impossible.

But Lurks' date=' a balancing factor would be the equivalent amount in foreign reserves thts building up in the government coffers which give us more buying power globALLY......[/quote'] It is not a balancing factor. The NRI effect (such as buying property, cars etc) is manifested in the common market and market prices of goods/housing etc. are becomming unaffordable to the common Indians. The NRI money is not introduced in not free flowing circulation in the market- most of it is locked up in banks and while it does give India a lot of ForEX, its economic impact on market level is yet to be felt in a positive way.

Guest dada_rocks
It is not a balancing factor. The NRI effect (such as buying property, cars etc) is manifested in the common market and market prices of goods/housing etc. are becomming unaffordable to the common Indians. The NRI money is not introduced in not free flowing circulation in the market- most of it is locked up in banks and while it does give India a lot of ForEX, its economic impact on market level is yet to be felt in a positive way.
clueless u are as usual..

>>>>LFAO- 10,000 rupees..when 1 kilo chicken in India(Kolkata) is 1500 rupees ?! :hysterical::hysterical:Rs1500/kg..... Where the hell do you get these figures? When was the last time you were in India. Chicken is around RS100-200/kg in most part of India.

you guys must be naive to think house prices in india are going up because of NRIs. we make a piddly component of the buying power. reason prices are going up is because salaries (especially in the IT industry) have shot up. there is more wealth in general which means more demand. supply cannot catch up as fast with demand and hence prices are going up. yes, NRIs want to join in and enjoy the boom, but it not just because of us buying those properties.

>>>>LFAO- 10,000 rupees..when 1 kilo chicken in India(Kolkata) is 1500 rupees ?! :hysterical::hysterical:Rs1500/kg..... Where the hell do you get these figures? When was the last time you were in India. Chicken is around RS100-200/kg in most part of India.
those are for the intellectually superior kolkatta chickens. :haha:

you guys must be naive to think house prices in india are going up because of NRIs. we make a piddly component of the buying power. reason prices are going up is because salaries (especially in the IT industry) have shot up. there is more wealth in general which means more demand. supply cannot catch up as fast with demand and hence prices are going up. yes, NRIs want to join in and enjoy the boom, but it not just because of us buying those properties.
You do have a point. But ,I would like to add that technically speaking , the people in IT industry spend half their time abroad . I guess in some weird way , they can also be termed as NRI albeit loosely. Lastly but not least , Politicians do play a big part in hiking house price. Heck , you won't believe the amount of land Deve Gowda has in Devanahalli(Bangalore) or YSR in Shamshabad (Hyderabad) both sites for international airport.