Kapil Dev slams Indian seniors

King

Guest dada_rocks

Wah bhai when it comes to recognising Ganguly's success as captain we have litany of consternation of good fortunes coinciding with Dada's tenure at the helm. But when it comes to judging John Wright people give blanket approval looking at the final results. I say John Wright too got lucky otoh Kapil was pure unlucky. He did whatver he did with one batsman sachin and mediocre bowling resources at best.

The establishment' date=' ie; [b']Kapil and the other losers - got what they wanted. Whatmore is now out of contention. I still think the players would have backed Whatmore, but were forced to bail out since it was clear that those who comprise the powers that be, ie; Gavaskar, were opposed to his selection and would argue against it. India's loss.
Oh come on now how is that Kapil Dev's fault?? He is not even in 7 man team that is going to pick the coach, the members being - Sharad Pawar, Niranjan Shah, N Srinivasan, Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri, S Venkataraghavan,and Mohinder Pandove. xxx
This is what I picked from Cricinfo today Predz. in the run-up to Monday's selection meeting Graham Ford, the former South African coach, has emerged as the No. 1 choice of the players. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/296803.html Which makes me wonder how is it that Indian players are so quick in choosing their number 1 coach every other day? One day it is Whatmore, the other day it is Ford. I would also say that if players are intersted in giving their opinions about coach they should also be made liable to the responsibilities. It is like a Manager getting Mr. X for a role in his project. What happens if Mr. X does not deliver? Well the reputation of the Manager gets on the line. So if Ford(or Whatmore) does not deliver would the reputation of Sachin be put on the line?? If no, isnt that the classic case of having your cake and eating it too? xxxx
Corollary to that is if the players get the coach they want there is no excuse for their non performance anymore. They dont have a Greggy anymore to blame everything wrong under the sun. If BCCI morons are atleast half as intelligent as an one armed blind monkey u are right about the claim that they should run the coach selection campaign their way. Here we have an utterly incompetent bunch of bufoons, who travel to Bangladesh speak to a professional coach (who too has expressed interested in the job), almost guranatee him a job, then come back home & line up a SHEEP aka Ranatunga who has never coached in his life, who never applied for the job, who doesnt say a sensible thing on the mike, who'd rather skip a practise session for a meal & call him one of the leading contenders, all because one senile cricketer put forth his name ? And Kapil's sorry tone about one day Sachin, Saurav and Dravid may have to apply for this job is COMPLETE nonsense. What is he suggesting here ? Build a royalty system for ex-players to automatically come back as coaches. Kapil had his time as coach, didnt deliver squat. Now he should simply shut up & do what he was hired to do -- lead the ICL and/or National cricket Academy. No Indian IMO, would do a FAIR and/or PROFESSIONAL job as our national coach, their credentials notwithstanding.
Oh come on now how is that Kapil Dev's fault?? He is not even in 7 man team that is going to pick the coach, the members being - Sharad Pawar, Niranjan Shah, N Srinivasan, Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri, S Venkataraghavan,and Mohinder Pandove. xxx
True, but he comes from the same school of thought and his opinions hold sway when it comes to decisions like these.
If BCCI morons are atleast half as intelligent as an one armed blind monkey u are right about the claim that they should run the coach selection campaign their way. Here we have an utterly incompetent bunch of bufoons, who travel to Bangladesh speak to a professional coach (who too has expressed interested in the job), almost guranatee him a job, then come back home & line up a SHEEP aka Ranatunga who has never coached in his life, who never applied for the job, who doesnt say a sensible thing on the mike, who'd rather skip a practise session for a meal & call him one of the leading contenders, all because one senile cricketer put forth his name ?
Bumper, While I do agree with all you say about BCCI I am not sure why the ineptness of BCCI makes the players to become eligible to lobby? In my opinion people are there to do a job, and it is certainly not Sachin tendulkar's job to suggest who should become India's coach. xxx