1 in 100 have HIV in India

Rajiv

Anyone watched the CNN documentary "Lost Girls" on child sex slaves in India? F@king shameful I tell ya! When a foreign journalist cares more about Indian child prostitutes than some of our our local people and policemen then you know that the society has some serious issues that need to be tackled! The police commissionaire was such an @sshole! Poor girls have no choice and get infected! http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/06/06/india.trafficking.ap/index.html But this much is known: the government estimates there are 3 million sex workers in India, at least 40 percent of them children. And thousands of them are believed to have been unwittingly lured into the work by traffickers, rights activists say. More sad stuff! Again what choice did these girls have? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6729927.stm "My parents didn't have any sons, so there was nobody to earn the family a living," says Imla. "Instead they turned me into a whore. I don't even remember when I started because I was so young. My parents thought at least they'd get some money from me."

at least 40 percent of them children.
Thats rubbish sensationalization. The author probably means that 40% is below 21 (legal age in India). That doesnt equate to child ! definition of a child is of a pre-pubescent person. Prostitution is very common in India but sex with children is literally unheard of. The west has some extremely stupid notions about child marriage and sex in India. Even my great-great grandmother got married at the age of 9...but she didnt leave her own parent's house till she was 15. This is deliberate sensationalization. Another thing you forget that the bulk of human trafficlking in India is from India to the middle east. Most prostitution in India is not by force-atleast, not anymore.

Reporter in the documentary was talking under 18 and not 21! The documentary was very balanced. They raided a brothel and 10 or so girls were stuffed and kept under lock in murgi sized 1m high x 3m wide room (with some usual Indian walle ****roaches). That is force to me mate. It was plainly obvious that the reporter was truly concerned and not looking for cheap points. CC your great grandmother lived in another time. We have moved forward since then!

>>>>>The author probably means that 40% is below 21 (legal age in India). nah...it is under 18. >>>>>Most prostitution in India is not by force-atleast, not anymore. Not true. most are gullible girls who elope with these pimps who are like these romeos that go to villages to entice them....once they elope they have no way of asking for help from parents.These women are then sold to "madams" and a lot of the times these poor girls are raped for days by men kept for this purpose only till they relent to becoming sex workers .This is forced prostitution. Unfortunately even when they are rescued most of them are not accepted back into there families because of the badnami.......slowely they accept it as their fate and this is probably what you mean by unforced prostitution.But is it really unforced?

CC your great grandmother lived in another time. We have moved forward since then!
The important fact i wanted to underline with that comment is that just because there are child marriages does NOT mean that children are pushed into sexuality too soon. Most of the child marriages had the bride continue living with her family as an 'amaanat' for the hubby, to whom she goes when she comes of age.
Not true. most are gullible girls who elope with these pimps who are like these romeos that go to villages to entice them....once they elope they have no way of asking forhelp from parents.These women are then sold to "madams" and a lot of the times these poor girls are raped for days by men kept for these purposesonly till they relent to becoming sex workers .This is forced prostitution.
This is not the prostitution scene in India today. Most of it are young village girls who come to the city to make $$ for their family and most willfully choose prostitution as the easiest way out. Oh and most of these girl's families are blissfully unaware.

>>>>>This is not the prostitution scene in India today. Most of it are young village girls who come to the city to make $$ for their family and most willfully choose prostitution as the easiest way out. Oh and most of these girl's families are blissfully unaware. What is this statement based on... My version is based onwhat we hear from the police ,womens gp ,NGOs.........over the years. You can say that a few may be doing it willingly ....but to imagine that the huge number of girls who live a conservative life in the villages just jump into bed with absolute stranger is very hard to accept. Sex is not the same for men and women.For most women ...being forced into itis like a nightmare .I can't think of anything more disgusting than getting intimate with disgusting men who treat them like a public toilet. Some may do it willingly for money...some may ike it....but to believe that most of them do it willingly for money is to really humiliate them further.No body likes to be treated that way .

What is this statement based on...
Used to know a lotta prostitutes/interact with them in Kolkata- i used to go for tuition past sonagachi ( red light district of kolkata) & we(me and my buddy from tuition) used to stop at sonagachi for paani-puris on our way back. Met/talked to a LOT of prostitutes there over two years. Most i found were into it willfully and knowing fully well what it entails. NGO groups/police etc. obviously don't like it because the whole 'victim prostitute' is etched very deep in the Indian psyche.
but to believe that most of them do it willingly for money is to really humiliate them further
But thats the jist of it everywhere. Outside of middle east, forced prostitution is exceedingly rare.
but to imagine that the huge number of girls who live a conservative life in the villages just jump into bed with absolute stranger is very hard to accept.
Hehe. It may surprise you but every single of those 'village chicks turned city hookers' i've spoken to, they've all lost their virginity back home at village at the hands of their village majnoos. Village-life isnt as conservative as you think.

Do you need to be so graphic in your discription?.....:omg_smile: We have a few 13 yr olds... anyways its hard to believe you have met and talked to most sex workers in this country......and that most of the village belles have also discussed their deflowering with you .......itna mat fainka karo ....:hahaha::tounge_smile:

Do you need to be so graphic in your discription?.....omg_smile.gif We have a few 13 yr olds...
Nothing i said that a 13 year old doesn't already know or think about. So relax.
anyways its hard to believe you have met and talked to most sex workers in this country
Well no- i said Sonagachi. But red light districts in India are all the same- they are filled with village girls & nepalis. I have no reason to think that Sonagachi would be so different from GD road Delhi....
and that most of the village belles have also discussed their deflowering with you .......itna mat fainka karo
These are hookers we are talking about, not some innocent village belle wanting to be my bartan-waali ! wtf ! How many hookers have you talked to or gotten to know ? Hookers having a problem discussing their deflowering ? LOL. You seem to think for some ridiculous reason that hookers in India are the bollywood potrayals where its the 'besahaara ma' or 'innocent trapped' into it. That is nowhere close to the real story. It is poverty that forces their hand but in most cases, the decision is taken on one's own accord.

I still don't believe you..... Anyways...when it is a choice between starvation and prostitution...you can't call it willfully. Most men like to believe that these women do it willingly because they don't want the guilt trip associated with being a part of the whole thing.And when they need to earn money...they won't send the guys on a guilt trip by telling him that they have no choice.

.you can't call it willfully.
Sure can. If its a choice you took without anyone forcing you, its acting willfully. There are other ways to feed the stomach.
Most men like to believe that these women do it willingly because they don't want the guilt trip associated with being a part of the whole thing.
Okk...i think you are talking more from your personal feelings on this issue than actual facts. All i will say is you are not seeing the picture. Most men who go to prostitutes don't even have the concept of guilt trips. They just think prostitutes = lowlifes and thats that. I will give you an example- one of my friends from high school was a pucca whoring guy- we were once watching some hindi movie where some prostitute gets shot and he clapped...i was like 'uhh wtf?', his reply was 'shh..movie chal rahi haye yaar..r@ndi ko goli maari hai..tere maa ko nehin'. I think that answers all the questions you or the NGOs have about guilt trips and all that. But if you don't believe me, pop into your local red light district & hang around...you'd get talking to people pretty fast. As per NGOs- most NGOs who report on this issue are funded by religious groups ( predominantly the church) and they have a clear agenda to potray a particular angle. They play the 'helpless woman forced into it' card because it makes it seem like a forced evil that nobody choses. Since they can't accept the truth that prostitution has ALWAYS been more voluntary than forced in human history, that prostitution is older than civilization and will outlast civilization, they potray the 'willing prostitute for $$' as one-in-a-million case.

Guest dada_rocks
Do you need to be so graphic in your discription?.....:omg_smile: We have a few 13 yr olds... anyways its hard to believe you have met and talked to most sex workers in this country......and that most of the village belles have also discussed their deflowering with you .......itna mat fainka karo ....:hahaha::tounge_smile:
well said hahaha ye aaj tak kisis ganv mein pair nahain rakah hoga.. iske sari hawaai baten kahin kisis blog parhe ke aati hain, is liye maaf kar do.....

CC you and your facts :hysterical: Plenty of girls go into prostitution knowingly and plenty don't. Your line of thinking and home cooked facts are :thumbs_down:

The important fact i wanted to underline with that comment is that just because there are child marriages does NOT mean that children are pushed into sexuality too soon. Most of the child marriages had the bride continue living with her family as an 'amaanat' for the hubby, to whom she goes when she comes of age.
Just cause that was the case in your area or your great grandmothers case does not mean it was same all over India. Even the "amanat" concept is plainly shitty! It's like as if the women is a gai that can be tied to any f@king pole. No wonder girls are treated like **** in so many parts of India STILL!
But thats the jist of it everywhere. Outside of middle east, forced prostitution is exceedingly rare.
I have heard it all :hysterical: That is why my local red light area that got raided was full of East European prostitutes? All their passports had been kept by their pimps and they had been beaten into submission! If stuff like that happens in Western Europe then you would be absolutely naive to think that it does not happen in India! CC you take a position and then you defend it no matter what :hysterical:

Just cause that was the case in your area or your great grandmothers case does not mean it was same all over India.
4 generations ago, that was the norm all over india. including amongst muslims who got married as children.
Even the "amanat" concept is plainly shitty!
Both are amanats for each other.
No wonder girls are treated like **** in so many parts of India STILL!
Indian culture is far more respectful of women than the western culture is. This is a fact that is not only valid today but blatantly obvious through history as well.
If stuff like that happens in Western Europe then you would be absolutely naive to think that it does not happen in India!
Dal, kindly don't comment on issues you have no knowledge on. Your hypothetical guesswork is not only off the mark, it is derogatory. Your western masters have taught you well to think that the west is the best. And since you bought that hook, line & sinker, you think that if so-n-so is the case in the west, its gotto be worse in India. There is very little forced prostitution in India. That is a fact. And the biggest reason for that fact is poverty. When there are women willing to sell their body to feed their belly, one doesn't need to force that woman into prostitution. And this very same condition is not present in eastern europe- the eastern European women arnt (in general) destitute or totally helpless on the same scale as in India. Most of them are highschool graduates and held proper jobs in their native lands before they got conned to Britain under the lure of 'much better paying jobs'. Since these people arnt poverty-bound to sell their body, they mostly would prefer leaving & going back to Eastern Europe where they'd hold their previous sh!tty job but have their self-respect intact. Thus their passports & stuff are confiscated by pimps to force them to stay. Totally different dynamics but you are too ignorant to even realize that or get out of your 'if this is so in the west, it must be worse in India' mentality.

Guest dada_rocks

I will give you an example- one of my friends from high school was a pucca whoring guy- we were once watching some hindi movie where some prostitute gets shot and he clapped...i was like 'uhh wtf?', his reply was 'shh..movie chal rahi haye yaar..r@ndi ko goli maari hai..tere maa ko nehin'. I think that answers all the questions you or the NGOs have about guilt trips and all that. **************** it proves jack other than existance of ur low-life friend circle .