Emburey to be indian coach?

An Englishman ?? As India coach ! nahhhhhhhhhh !! :giggle: And by all accounts Emburey seems to have mediocre record as coach, in all his previous experiences. Beats logic to actually reject Whatmore and invite John. Whatmore has both prover pedigree and subcontinental exposure. Looks like if you can dial the right numbers , you can get anything you want..

Emburey was on TalkSport radio station here in the UK yesterday (Thursday) morning. He said Ravi (Shastri) phoned him & asked him to apply for the position. It looks like it wasn't Gavasker (who asked for him) as reported by most of the media. He also said that he had not prepared anything yet & was getting a friend to help him before he flies off to India today. He is making the presentation tomorrow (Saturday). Personally, I don't like this 'White Man' syndrome from BCCI. I would have prefered an indian coach - he can't do worse then any whitey but would do much better than the previous guruji with both eyes closed without even being with the team.

Emburey from what I've read has had no success as a coach previously. Looks like he is just to make up the numbers. Ravi Shastri sounds little different behind the scene. Why would he ask Emburey to apply for a coach's job?

He said Ravi (Shastri) phoned him & asked him to apply for the position. It looks like it wasn't Gavasker (who asked for him) as reported by most of the media.
Ravi Shastri is Gavaskar's boy. Precisely the reason why we don't need both of them in any single committe. It could easily have been Sunny asking Shastri to make the call.
Ravi Shastri is Gavaskar's boy. Precisely the reason why we don't need both of them in any single committe. It could easily have been Sunny asking Shastri to make the call.
I thought these guys didn't like each other!