I like this photo :-)

Gaurav

I mean every time I go to local Wal Mart I see an Indian woman, often Auntyjee, wearing sarees but have never seen an Indian chap wearing a dhoti or kurta pyjama. in a supermarket in USA..even the 80 year old Dadajis.
Mate, that is because we ALL know that the moment we stepped outside our home wearing a dhoti/kurta/lungi/payjama-punjaabis, people would either think we were gay or part of some f*cked up cult. I have 3 pairs of top-class kurta-punjaabis in my closet for 5 years now...don't see where the f*ck i can wear it and not have to field questions or put up with 'queer' looks all day. :cantstop:

Mate, that is because we ALL know that the moment we stepped outside our home wearing a dhoti/kurta/lungi/payjama-punjaabis, people would either think we were gay or part of some f*cked up cult. I have 3 pairs of top-class kurta-punjaabis in my closet for 5 years now...don't see where the f*ck i can wear it and not have to field questions or put up with 'queer' looks all day. :cantstop:
I beg to differ on that one. You can certainly wear kurta to most places. Now I dont mean the kind where they go all the way to your knees but the kind that is slightly longer than most shirts. I find kurta with jeans a good wear for all occassions, specially in hot cities within USA. Lungi/Dhoti I never wore even back in India so not much to say about them but kurtas I do wear from time to time. xxx

There is... Blood red chiffon saree with a teeny weeny backless choli.........:wink_smile:
Chuppppp! Let the guys speak on this one..:damnmate::damnmate: If a girl is wearing a teeny weeny backless choli then who really cares about the colour of the saree really? She could be wearing a burqa and I would still be chasing her in the party. Since we are on sarees let me say that sarees are best complimented by sleeveless blouse :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:..absolutely hate the 3/4 blouse or the ones that go all the way to your ankles..:mad:

:tounge_smile:Who would dare to wrap a saree around you after seeing your muscles..... just a typo....(now i can't help picturing you in saree...not a pretty sight i say!:giggle:)
Okay stopppppp picturing sheeeeesh. On an aside note bright red or deep green colour churiyaans look great on ladies hands...I wonder if girls wear them much these days. xxx

Holy. It is not only Tamil Nadu issue. Very recently there was an article in OUTLOOK about some of the premier clubs in India and how they still carry the Anglican tradition. It covered clubs in Calcutta, Bangalore, Mumbai etc and it was surprising to see this bias. Part of the problem(with dhoti/kurta) is of course the infamy brought about by the political brigade. Seems the corrupter they get the more they wear dhoti and khadee. On the other hand you can also deny that many educated people also seem to put down traditional Indian dress as "old customs which do not belong in modern era". xxx

Okay stopppppp picturing sheeeeesh. On an aside note bright red or deep green colour churiyaans look great on ladies hands...I wonder if girls wear them much these days. xxx
I do ..depending on the type of saree...but most of the times...loads of siler kadhas...