Ps : Gkd

King

GKD, If you can , please answer these questions a) Are you an atheist or an agnostic. b. Do you believe and respect the spiritual aspects of Dharmic religion. Surely you don't dispute the beneficial aspects of spiritualism which helps calm the mind and the whole body as a result. Yoga , meditation/ pranayam are part of the spiritual aspects of Dharamic religion and are part of the hindu texts vis-a-vis Upanishads .

GKD, If you can , please answer these questions a) Are you an atheist or an agnostic. b. Do you believe and respect the spiritual aspects of Dharmic religion. Surely you don't dispute the beneficial aspects of spiritualism which helps calm the mind and the whole body as a result. Yoga , meditation/ pranayam are part of the spiritual aspects of Dharamic religion and are part of the hindu texts vis-a-vis Upanishads .
You and your a, b, c ,d....questions :hysterical: Answer-(a) Atheist and a hardcore one! Answer-(b) I see that Dharmic religions in theory are inherently less evil compared to Abrahamic faiths when it comes to mass slaughter of humans and compassion toward all living things but as with any religion they have their own set of problems. Plus there is absolutely no need to take fairy tales as facts. Define spiritual? Meditation is just relaxation wrapped as spirituality. Yoga is a good form of stretching exercises and nothing more. It's more a feel good thing. Kind of placebo effect. Spirituality is just about the brain and nothing more. I mean nothing supernatural like yogis connecting with god etc.

Meditation is just relaxation wrapped as spirituality.
Err...no. Too simplistic and inaccurate. Meditation is not just about relaxation- relaxation is only a tiny aspect of it.
Yoga is a good form of stretching exercises and nothing more.
False. Yoga is proven to give positive results to many medical ailments too. Not just a stretching routine.

Err...no. Too simplistic and inaccurate. Meditation is not just about relaxation- relaxation is only a tiny aspect of it. Joy, I think the core idea is to relax which can resolve other things as depression, anxiety. False. Yoga is proven to give positive results to many medical ailments too. Not just a stretching routine True, Yoga is based on flow of blood and weight done in the right manner, it helps weight loss, flexibility, basic massaging of body organs amongst other things Gai, it's stretching but the results are very good P.S I am Agnostic

Err...no. Too simplistic and inaccurate. Meditation is not just about relaxation- relaxation is only a tiny aspect of it.
Yeah whatever. Go and sit under some tree and get enlightenment like your hero Buddha :teeth_smile:
False. Yoga is proven to give positive results to many medical ailments too. Not just a stretching routine.
Exercise does not do that as well? The benefit that Yoga provides is due to the physical aspects and not some supernatural aspect. That is the point that I am making :devil_smile::lightbulb:

The benefit that Yoga provides is due to the physical aspects and not some supernatural aspect.
I do not rule out the synergy questions or 'energy points' idea of yoga because it is to do with our neural energy makeup- physical electrodyamics basically and a field that medical science today has zero clue in and calls it 'supernatural'. It is far more than just stretching. --------- Rajeev, you said :
Joy, I think the core idea is to relax which can resolve other things as depression, anxiety.
Well i think it is more than just that, meditation is essentially not just relaxation, it is training the mind, it is training the impulses, thoughts, etc etc. Willing your mind in control. In essence, a parody on meditation would be the 'vulcan mind' in star trek. They make it comic and sexually frustrated in nature but basic idea is the same.

These are just the side effects IMHO ... the "True" original yogic practices lead to faar far more surreal results ... which are now probably lost for good .... :mad:
That is in the realms of 'beleif' than facts, unfortunately.

Sorry to say GKD, yoga is much more than stretching. In fact you can do lifetime of yoga without even standing. Now the result of that will definitely lead to philosophical angle. But if you wanna keep it simple without religion or gods I'm sure you can. BTW regarding US being the patron saints of democracy, what about the 9/11 in Chile (it was 73 IIRC, or around that time).