Stop this hate against Bhaji

VVS...I base this "fact" on having a lot of international experience as well as living in India and working with Indians from all over the country. Let me explain the problem with regionalism in the country and my Australian comment. When the American basketball team puts together their "Dream Team" we dont hear....oh "too many guys from the east cost etc" When the Canadian hockey team put together their national team we never hear "too many guys from Toronto...politics as usual give the guys from Vancouver a chance" When the Australians put their team together we dont hear "too many guys from Queensland...we want Sydney fellows...Gilly is there cause of politics etc" No... Only in India and to a lesser extent Pakistan of all places is this prevalent. We hear Ashwin is being kept off the team cause he is a timid South Indian...Bhajji is on the team strictly cause of politics and he is Dhoni's lackey. If India truely wants to be world beaters they would have to have the guts to select all 11 starting players from Mirzapur if that's where the top 11 players resided. Australia would have no issues with a team full of 12 Aboriginals...the US no issue with a basketball team full of all black players and Canada no issue with a team full of all small town folk none of which are from the big cities. Can anyone honestly say the same for India?
Okay all jokes aside I shall try to take a decent stab at this. Or maybe since the theme seems to be Punjabi, I will take a kripaan to this...Okay Okay I better behave. Really dude what are you on about? The issue with India is NOT the regionalism, as you call it, but it is the likes of YOU who have now moved on to the greener pastures, have somehow had "worldly experience" and the only way to show it is to bring down India, and Indians. The reality is India, and Indian cricket team, has been doing quite well thank you very much and none of that is owed to this vociferous NRI crowd. I can assure you a Sehwag, or a Bhajji, would much rather listen to an Indian fan from Surat or Bhagalpur who wears his heart on his sleeve than a Down Under fanatic riding his Audi. On to your best XI scenario, and how people start yapping about Eastern states loaded etc. Really?? Who are you talking to? A 8 year old RSS loony or what? Lets look at an All-time Indian XI. Lets start with opener slots. Possible candidates would be, in no order: Sehwag - Gavaskar Gavaskar-Merchant Sehwag - Merchant. You could also see Gavaskar - Vinoo Mankad or Sehwag- Vinoo Mankad if someone wanted to have an extra batting or bowling option. If your theory was correct the opener candidates would be: Sehwag - Surinder Khanna Gavaskar - Ghulam Parkar Merchant - Swapanil Asnodkar. When the eff does that ever happen?? You could run through any posts about Indian all-time XI and I would be very interested in seeing how many Indian fans harp on regionalism. xxx
Okay all jokes aside I shall try to take a decent stab at this. Or maybe since the theme seems to be Punjabi' date=' I will take a [i']kripaan to this...Okay Okay I better behave. Really dude what are you on about? The issue with India is NOT the regionalism, as you call it, but it is the likes of YOU who have now moved on to the greener pastures, have somehow had "worldly experience" and the only way to show it is to bring down India, and Indians. The reality is India, and Indian cricket team, has been doing quite well thank you very much and none of that is owed to this vociferous NRI crowd. I can assure you a Sehwag, or a Bhajji, would much rather listen to an Indian fan from Surat or Bhagalpur who wears his heart on his sleeve than a Down Under fanatic riding his Audi. On to your best XI scenario, and how people start yapping about Eastern states loaded etc. Really?? Who are you talking to? A 8 year old RSS loony or what? Lets look at an All-time Indian XI. Lets start with opener slots. Possible candidates would be, in no order: Sehwag - Gavaskar Gavaskar-Merchant Sehwag - Merchant. You could also see Gavaskar - Vinoo Mankad or Sehwag- Vinoo Mankad if someone wanted to have an extra batting or bowling option. If your theory was correct the opener candidates would be: Sehwag - Surinder Khanna Gavaskar - Ghulam Parkar Merchant - Swapanil Asnodkar. When the eff does that ever happen?? You could run through any posts about Indian all-time XI and I would be very interested in seeing how many Indian fans harp on regionalism. xxx
Sigh, dude no one is talking about all-time openers. This thread smacks of regionalism when supporters of Bhajji have to insist they are not Punjabi. What the hell does it matter. I personally would love to see both Bhajji and Sree at the top of their games playing in all forms of the game for India. I love the passion both of these guys from polar sides of the country bring and how they get under their opponents skins. In terms of the current team yes there currently is a heavy contingent of Punjabis on the team that won the world cup....Sehwag, Yuvraj, Bhajji, Kohli, Gambhir. So thats close to half the team from a very multi ethnic country with 28 states. Regardless of whether people in this thread will admit it some people from other regions are not happy about this - "where it the guy from my community etc" they THINK but wont say. As a result since Sehwag, Yuvraj, Kohli and Gambhir dont have visable replacements anywhere else right now (ie how silly does a lets replace Kohli with Mukund agruement sound) Bhajji is magically much worse than I guess - Ashwin since he's the only potential target to take out. I think Ashwin has done fantastically in 20 over matches and could have a place in 50 overs as well. So could Ojha, Rahul Sharma and a bunch of other promising spinners. Right now Bhajji is not at his world beater form that we saw a few years ago but guess what currently he is the best that India has in ODIs as well as Tests. There still isnt a viable replacement in the Leggie department for Kumble and non viable for Bhajji so enough already.
This thread smacks of regionalism when supporters of Bhajji have to insist they are not Punjabi. What the hell does it matter. QUOTE] It doesnt. Just as Bhajji supporter shouldnt have to show their "non-Punjabiness" similarly Bhajji critics should not have to show they are Punjabi lovers either. Hope that helps.
Regardless of whether people in this thread will admit it some people from other regions are not happy about this - "where it the guy from my community etc" they THINK but wont say. .
Either you prove this or shut your mouth before going around accusing people of regionalism. Its people like you who see regionalism everywhere and think that your feelings are the majority view who are the bane of our country For the record, I am from Kerala, and the player I dislike most is Sreesanth
Either you prove this or shut your mouth before going around accusing people of regionalism. Its people like you who see regionalism everywhere and think that your feelings are the majority view who are the bane of our country For the record, I am from Kerala, and the player I dislike most is Sreesanth
Thats fine if the player you dislike the most is Sree - I personally wouldnt mind if the best 11 players in the country were from Kerela Punjab or any other state as long as they got results and won matches for India. Right now at present the best players happen to have half the team made up of Punjabis. The only viable area is Bhajji cause he isnt taking a lot of wickets. His economy is good his batting is good and his fielding is average like all the other bowlers. The issue is why of all the players is he being singled out and whom exactly is his replacement? Just look at the test match preformance today as of right now india's top order has been ripped through. India is already suffering a Kumble hangover and now the geniuses on this board want to drop the only other experienced spinner we have and take a gamble on some rookies heading into huge series with England and Australia.
For the record, I am from Kerala, and the player I dislike most is Sreesanth
A Mallu who hates? Damn! I always though Mallu are lovers by heart..for cricket or Shakeela :giggle: By the by you hate Sreesanth and Bhajji? Who were supporting during slapgate? Preity Zinta?
Thats fine if the player you dislike the most is Sree - I personally wouldnt mind if the best 11 players in the country were from Kerela Punjab or any other state as long as they got results and won matches for India. Right now at present the best players happen to have half the team made up of Punjabis. The only viable area is Bhajji cause he isnt taking a lot of wickets. His economy is good his batting is good and his fielding is average like all the other bowlers. The issue is why of all the players is he being singled out and whom exactly is his replacement? Just look at the test match preformance today as of right now india's top order has been ripped through. India is already suffering a Kumble hangover and now the geniuses on this board want to drop the only other experienced spinner we have and take a gamble on some rookies heading into huge series with England and Australia.
Which all translates to regional bias how?
Waw.. Didn't knew that Punjabis won the WC for us.. :ahil: :ahil:
Dont recall anyone saying they alone did...i recognize some people on this forum would rather lose the world cup and have people from their region selected though which is quite sad.
Dont recall anyone saying they alone did...i recognize some people on this forum would rather lose the world cup and have people from their region selected though which is quite sad.
Yes, very sad indeed. Damn those non-punjabis who wanted India to lose the world cup at any cost, even if that meant inclusion of some retards from their region. Take the case of Punjabi Chawla (I assume he is one cause most of us hate him) and how many including me wanted the retard Ashwin to be included in his place so we could lose the match, only to find out that he actually helped us beat the aussies in the QF. Damn!
Yes, very sad indeed. Damn those non-punjabis who wanted India to lose the world cup at any cost, even if that meant inclusion of some retards from their region. Take the case of Punjabi Chawla (I assume he is one cause most of us hate him) and how many including me wanted the retard Ashwin to be included in his place so we could lose the match, only to find out that he actually helped us beat the aussies in the QF. Damn!
Sigh...unfortunately it appears youve forgotten he is a leg spinner and not an offspinner like Ashwin. Dhoni needed variation as a result the inclusion of Chawla. As I noted Kumble has retired and a suitable replacement has not been found in the leggie department. Chawla you have a valid arguement. Finally some sense here!!!! At least you are not like the other Einsteins here screaming for Ashwin with next to no big match experience to cut his teeth in the world cup. Ashwin did amazing against Australia and I hope he is an adequate replacement in the Offie department but right now Bhajji is the best India has better than Ashwin period. Anyone that wants to drop a player with as many wickets, ability and experience as Bhajji for an unproven player in ODIs and tests cause of some IPL success clearly knows little about the sport. I'll state one last time India has already lost Kumble and we dont have an adequate Leg Spinner. If India loses Bhajji they will also lose their BEST offspinner and then we got a situation where an aging Zak has to carry too much of the burden with young inexperienced players.
Sigh...unfortunately it appears youve forgotten he is a leg spinner and not an offspinner like Ashwin. Dhoni needed variation as a result the inclusion of Chawla. As I noted Kumble has retired and a suitable replacement has not been found in the leggie department. Chawla you have a valid arguement. Finally some sense here!!!! At least you are not like the other Einsteins here screaming for Ashwin with next to no big match experience to cut his teeth in the world cup. Ashwin did amazing against Australia and I hope he is an adequate replacement in the Offie department but right now Bhajji is the best India has better than Ashwin period. Anyone that wants to drop a player with as many wickets, ability and experience as Bhajji for an unproven player in ODIs and tests cause of some IPL success clearly knows little about the sport. I'll state one last time India has already lost Kumble and we dont have an adequate Leg Spinner. If India loses Bhajji they will also lose their BEST offspinner and then we got a situation where an aging Zak has to carry too much of the burden with young inexperienced players.
You still didnt answer the point. What made yu claim its regional bias when someone is criticizing Bhajji
I agree. The hate against Chawla on this forum was a clear indication of anti punjabi bias among some posters. You guys need to come out of this regional mentality. This is why Indian team doesnt do well like Australia team
Indeed. This was also the reason why Indian team took a poor Delhiwaala Sunil Walson to England in 1983 WC and did not even play him a game! Thank God we won because that other Delhiwalla, Kirti Azad, was in the team. Close call it was I tell you.
You still didnt answer the point. What made yu claim its regional bias when someone is criticizing Bhajji
Read the thread from #7 onward...the same people on here who hated on world cup hero Yuvraj Singh are now hating on Harbhajan...its really sour grapes and strictly regionally based. Some points are valid like those against Nehra and Chawla but it appears a lot of posters in this forum have waged Jihad against the Punjabi contingent of the team for no reason. The people bashing Bhajji are bashing him for one reason he isnt taking that many wickets like he used to. His economy is still good as well as his batting for a fulltime bowler and he is on par with all the other bowlers in terms of fielding (all of them are medicore). He has experience which none of the other bowlers aside from Zak has and knows what its like to handle the pressures and strain of test cricket as well his passion/guile for the team is second to none. Same people from the south clamoring to remove Bhajji know they will look like complete fools if they say the same about Sehwag/Kohli and replace them with Muk/Vijay etc so they have picked an easy target. The problem is our bowling is weak...we saw that in the world cup. Shane Warne isnt waiting in the wings with Bhajji stealing his spot. Now can anyone answer - if not regional reasons - which none of you will ever admit - why on earth you want to remove India's most experienced bowler in test matches and other big matches in terms of "rookies" when we still dont even have a genuine leg spinner on the team anymore? Sheesh! Oh and btw there are retards on both sides including Punjabis who would do the same thing and want to find any reason to sack Dravid, Kumble, Srinath, Prasad etc in the late 90s when the team had a majority of south players. They were equally stupid.
Well it stems from the fact that everytime you turn around someone wants his head. For the record I am from Delhi and Sreesanth is one of my favorite players. No body brings more energy and enthusiasm as he does and I hope he can channel it properly. Currently he is playing below his potential but there is nothing to dislike him about. He gets under everyones skin but there is nothing wrong with that.