Let's talk about the DRS

champ

This is what we call "Aa bail mujhe maar". The reason why UDRS was introduced was because there are jokers like Bowden, Doctrove, Ashoka and Bucknor backthen changing course of test matches across the world with howlers after howlers. But then for some reason we dont want technolgoy to be used!! Ab bhugto.

Indian team deserves this , they rejected UDRS, yes they had bad experience with UDRS but that should not stop them from using it. They cannot moan and groan now, how long can they not have udrs this is getting ridiculous, we need fair umpiring but umpires like billy bowden who has historically screwed up cannot be in elite panel he is horrible, he never gives plumb LBWs but always gives them out when there is an edge.

This is what we call "Aa bail mujhe maar". The reason why UDRS was introduced was because there are jokers like Bowden, Doctrove, Ashoka and Bucknor backthen changing course of test matches across the world with howlers after howlers. But then for some reason we dont want technolgoy to be used!! Ab bhugto.
are we not goIng for it because of cost?
When did we have Hot spot cameras available in India?
Chandan - I think he was trying to say that equitable use of technology must be present in all centres. That is, hot spot should be available for each match. I believe there is a wrong presumption going around that India is not going for the UDRS because they had a bad experience with it against SL. The team and its captain have gone on record saying that they do not believe technology is there yet to be used at Test level. How much more clear can it get?! And to the various technology proponents - did you know that Hawkeye's special motion-sensitive cameras are placed at 6 (if I remember right) different positions along the perimeter of the ground and that these positions change with every venue?! One more thing for you to consider. Triangulation is the method used in charting the path of the ball. Having equitable conditions everywhere is next to impossible as far as Hawkeye is concerned.
Why is Neo not using the snickometer? In fact for most close calls' date=' they hardly showed more than one replay. Absolutely not on.[/quote'] Does it matter whether they use it or not? Its just for the viewers. It is not even part of the UDRS. BTW does anybody know if Nimbus is stull producing the pictures for this game, Nimbus only won the 4 year broadcasting rights, I'vent ready anywhere that they also won the Production rights. I did read that the TWG & Nimbus had both bid for the production, but the decision on awarding production hadn't yet ben made. In previous years I've seen every now and then the commentators mention that it was a Nimbus production, can't recall seeing that in this match. Even the score card & graphics have in this match are completely different color scheme then the one Nimbus used to have.
Does it matter whether they use it or not? Its just for the viewers. It is not even part of the UDRS.
Snicko is something even Ten Sports had in Sri Lanka. Even though it shows a delayed result, still adds to the viewing experience. And IIRC Neo had said they will have everything other than Hot Spot available for this series.
So Gunner - going by that the Ashes would not have Hot Spot' date=' is it?[/quote'] Channel 9 and Sky Sports are the only two sports organisation with the hot spot technology. Channel 9 being the host broadcaster for Ashes, obviously the entire UDRS with hawkeye, slo-mo camers, zoom cameras (for close in catches) and hot spot will be there.

I've said this many times, the quickest way to get UDRS is if a string of consecutive decisions go against Tendulkar. May be harsh but that's the only way. We know why the team doesnt go for UDRS because they feel in recent times, things are going their way. Maybe they're going to pay for it finally? In an recent interview, Sehwag said he loves the UDRS but he's not the only one in the team and others also have their input. And Aakash Chopra makes a good point

cricketaakash India refuses to use d UDRS till its perfect...dats so regressive. How will it bcum perfect if everyone refuses to use it till it's perfect?
Guest Gunner
So Gunner - going by that the Ashes would not have Hot Spot' date=' is it?[/quote'] The ashes are played in Oz and the hotspot cameras are all in Oz, so why wouldn't they have it?