'2002 riot records destroyed'

1983-2011

Relevance?
Because it's easier for a 3rd party to write the BS you have put on this thread .... If you are either a Sikh or a Gujarati and if you have gone through the same thing as them then there would be no need to ask that question

^so you are saying Modi had all this planned' date=' Sabarmati burning, then subsequent riots, peoples anger and then lets go for mid term election..wow you are really a genious..[/quote'] No - if you had been reading you would not be asking this. Godhra happened which happened nothing to with him, but he used the incident to establish his grip on the state and the party by instigating communal riots.

No - if you had been reading you would not be asking this. Godhra happened which happened nothing to with him' date=' but he used the incident to establish his grip on the state and the party by instigating communal riots.[/quote'] OK, i guess, as usual people are suppose to watch innocent people getting killed and do nothing. Give confidence to a certain section that they could get away with anything like they have in other states and inspire them to do even more damage in future. There is never going to be an eruption of emotions unless the govt instigates it, right?

^so you are saying he still has that grip after 10 years then?? or do you think he should go for another genocide? Let me know
He doesn't need to do it anymore - he has done well for the economics of Gujarat and people are happy with the progress. He is a capable administrator.

OK' date=' [b']i guess, as usual people are suppose to watch innocent people getting killed and do nothing. Give confidence to a certain section that they could get away with anything like they have in other states. There is never going to be an eruption of emotions unless the govt instigates it, right?
No, civilized people are supposed to register and fight cases in courts to get justice - barbarians are supposed to do what the rioters in Gujarat did.

He doesn't need to do it anymore - he has done well for the economics of Gujarat and people are happy with the progress. He is a capable administrator.
So people of Gujarat don't vote for him because he is a communal scumbag .... Thank you I guess, now you understand why having an USA visa is not a requirement to be the CM of Gujarat :hysterical:

So people of Gujarat don't vote for him because he is a communal scumbag .... Thank you I guess, now you understand why having an USA visa is not a requirement to be the CM of Gujarat :hysterical:
Where did I say it was? But it goes to show that the l.undfakeer is considered beneath the likes of Ahmedinijaad.

I agree with you here. This part is where I want to ask you a few questions. 1) A large crowd had gathered with the sole intention of killing innocent pilgrims. It was evidently premeditated and lots of effort- logistical and monetary must have gone into it, Procuring petrol in such large quantities and what not. Is it not the failure of the local police/local administration to get wind of this and nip it in the bud? Failure of the police, intelligence etc on a massive scale? Doesn't the ultimate blame of the failure to prevent this go on the government? Shouldn't we be angry at Modi and Gujarat Police that he couldn't stop these lunatics in the first place?
Yes, it was a failure of intelligence. No question.
2) Its been nearly a decade since the riots. How many of the rioters have been convicted? How many cases have even been filed against rioters against whom there is eye witness testimony? Do you, Seedhi, not think this to be miscarriage of justice? Don't you think that the perpetrators of the riots deserve punishment, like the perpetrators of the train massacre?
A lot of people have been convicted. According to information in 2007 : A total of 400 people were convicted. According to latest information over 700 people have been convicted with around 70 with 10 years to life imprisonment. You can compare this with a couple of dozen convictions in 1984 riots which killed more people.
I'm not doubting your integrity, but where did you get this number from?
You can look up newspaper reports and add up the figures. Here is a website which has those reports http://www.gujaratriots.com/ .

Those who say that they condemn the 1984 riots as much as 2002 riots and consider Narendra Modi a genocidal maniac - they should also, by the same token, consider Rajiv Gandhi a genocidal maniac along with PV Narasimha Rao who was the Home Minister in 1984.

That link provided by Seedhi has the below:

A woman on Tuesday alleged before the two-member Nanavati Commission that an armed mob of Muslims, led by a Congress councillor, attacked Hindus in Bapunagar area in Ahmedabad during the post-Godhra riots. “On the day of the VHP-sponsored bandh (i.e.28 February 2002), armed Muslim men had stormed our locality and some of them even stripped and said: Kill the Hindu eunuchs. Send your mothers and sisters,” Sudha Patel, a resident of Patelnagar, told the panel probing the post-Godhra violence in Gujarat. “They gorged the eyes of a youth with swords and repeatedly crushed him under their truck till he died, they then stripped and made obscene gestures at Hindus,” she alleged. Patel told Justice G T Nanavati (retd) and Justice K G Shah (retd) that though all persons in the mob had masked their faces, she managed to recognise the councillor, Taufeeq Khan Pathan, and his son, Zulfi, on March one. She alleged that the mob beheaded a local mendicant, who tried to pacify them, in front of her. “They later hung his head displaying it to the locals, saying: We have chopped off your mendicant,” she alleged. She said terror still reigns in the minds of children in Patelnagar and sought protection from anti- social elements. Two other majority community members alleged that Muslims of the area were trying to purchase their properties. “I had to sell my house on two occasions,” one Mulji Patel told the commission.”
LINK

No' date=' I felt bad because the country I live in - US - was wasting my tax money on a stupid war. That's the reason I protested.[/quote'] :hmmmm2: So the country you live in was killing 1000s of innocent people including Muslims but you protested mainly because your tax money was being wasted .... and then you go around calling names to Modi and those who voted for him because of the riots which killed many Muslims (what abt cong led attacks on Hindus?)

Modi or No Modi, if Godhra happens again, expect another riots. Those who live in Gujarat will understand that. There were riots before Modi was in power. I saw it with my own eyes in Ahmedabad, When Sonia visited Ahmedabad, one particular neighbourhood were chanting, Pakistan Zindbad and tiranga was burned. No wonder there were riots in certain part of Ahmedabad after that. This was in 99 IIRC.
+1 Why Gujrath, I saw this kind of behavious in Mumbai itself. People (Predominantly Muslim area) supporting Pakistan vs India. Bursting crackers after Pakistan win. I am all for the liberla crap, but it is hard to fly by me that people support a country whose lone agenda is to bring India down. To add to that, the only common factor they have with Pakistan is their religon.

Those who say that they condemn the 1984 riots as much as 2002 riots and consider Narendra Modi a genocidal maniac - they should also' date=' by the same token, consider Rajiv Gandhi a genocidal maniac along with PV Narasimha Rao who was the Home Minister in 1984.[/quote'] Yeah, Narsimha Rao, Tytler, Sajjan Kumar - anyone involved in actively perpetrating the '84 riots is a genocidal maniac - see how easy it is for a fair and balanced person to say it. Now let's hear you and your bhagwaa brigade members say that Modi is a genocidal maniac! PS : Rajiv Gandhi was not in a position of any real power when the riots happened, but if he has even an impassive role of not taking the right action at the right time, then he is also a genocidal maniac.

:hmmmm2: So the country you live in was killing 1000s of innocent people including Muslims but you protested mainly because your tax money was being wasted .... and then you go around calling names to Modi and those who voted for him because of the riots which killed many Muslims (what abt cong led attacks on Hindus?)
Bhaiya at least I protested on something, not cheer led the killing and slaughter of innocents, just because some people who shared a religion with them were involved in some criminal activity.

Because it's easier for a 3rd party to write the BS you have put on this thread .... If you are either a Sikh or a Gujarati and if you have gone through the same thing as them then there would be no need to ask that question
What is the equivalence of Sikh and Gujarati - one was a Hindu-Sikh in Delhi riot the other was a Hindu-Muslim riot in Gujarat.

I wonder how come these liberals/Muslims conveniently chose to ignore the other riots...The Hindu massacre going on in Assam conveniently ignored by the pseudo sec media..How about the Himdu butchering in Kerala, Mangalore etc Howmany here know about the 98 Coimbatore riots ? Looks like it's ok for these people when Muslims butcher Hindus ...But when Muslims get kiled all the constitution, Human rights come into play