Breaking News- Ford Turns down India coach offer

Because bowling average is not the only criteria for judging a bowler. Its not like i have a personal liking for warne or anything. I believe' date='if warne didn't play as many games against England, he would average a run or two higher [b']but that still wouldn't make him any less of a bowler than he was,IMO. Kaneria usually ends up with a sub-30 average cos he takes 6/150 after his team gives away 500 runs. Doesn't make him a decent bowler. Anyway, the topic is one persons dislike for certain players non-performance while other players gets "get out of jail" cards. I am sure he has his own logical thinking path, but as long as blaming players hording the side, i would blame the selectors for selecting them over and over again.
All said and done I cannot see how you can say Anil Kumble is not great or inconsistent just because he averages more than some yardstick you came up with? How does it make Anil Kumble any lesser bowler in that case? You can look up at every test match India has won in which Anil played and tell ya what his contribution eclipses the rest of the bowlers. I don't understand what do you mean by "wouldn't make him any less of a bowler than he was,IMO"?You ruled him out as a non great now going by a yardstick but how can you get flexible in that case?
All said and done I cannot see how you can say Anil Kumble is not great or inconsistent just because he averages more than some yardstick you came up with? How does it make Anil Kumble any lesser bowler in that case? You can look up at every test match India has won in which Anil played and tell ya what his contribution eclipses the rest of the bowlers. I don't understand what do you mean by "wouldn't make him any less of a bowler than he was' date=IMO"?You ruled him out as a non great now going by a yardstick but how can you get flexible in that case?
Its my yardstick cos its my opinion. If u think warne is not good, its your opinion. The same with kumble for me. Apart from the stats, i have seen countless times when kumble has been utterly useless esp overseas. Kumble has performed considerably(incl dev) more than any other indian bowler but thats not a valid worldwide comparison but rather a measure of sordid state of indian bowling. This will probably hold true for any good player in a mediocre team. Inzi will probably average way higher in tests pak won.Besides, its not like kumble/inzi never played in tests lost. Hes good but not as good as warne or murali. If there is one bowler i have to chose to play inside india, i would defn choose kumble but if its outside, its either murali or warne. And thats a lot of countries. Lemme correct that sentence "wouldn't make him any less of a bowler than he is,IMO"
Its my yardstick cos its my opinion. If u think warne is not good, its your opinion. The same with kumble for me. Apart from the stats, i have seen countless times when kumble has been utterly useless esp overseas. Kumble has performed considerably(incl dev) more than any other indian bowler but thats not a valid worldwide comparison but rather a measure of sordid state of indian bowling. This will probably hold true for any good player in a mediocre team. Inzi will probably average way higher in tests pak won.Besides, its not like kumble/inzi never played in tests lost. Hes good but not as good as warne or murali. If there is one bowler i have to chose to play inside india, i would defn choose kumble but if its outside, its either murali or warne. And thats a lot of countries. Lemme correct that sentence "wouldn't make him any less of a bowler than he is,IMO"
Fair enough your POV but you said
The reason you hate sachin/dravid and ganguly is for not performing in the last 1 year and hording the team slots (rightfully so) but somehow kumble doesnt get the blame. I am just saying kumble too has done the same. Its the selectors fault that they keep non-performers in the side,be it sachin or kumble. I do agree kumble was consistent in SA but he has had far too many bad series as well. Great bowlers on par performances (their career avg) is around 21/22. The highest for a great bowler is for warne at around 25. So its reasonable to think that a good series for a bowler is anything below 20. Esp. for someone whos been in the team for over 15 years.
Why should Kumble get the blame? Firstly he is not in the ODI team and that simply means the selectors have dropped him regardless of how good his past performance have been. As for his overseas record few years, he was of course dropped from a series or two as well in the 90s. He fought his way back and in the last 5 years he has been performing well overseas too. How can you compare his form with Tendulkar or Ganguly's in the last 3-4 years?