Emerging Players tournament, 2011

Yar broad and bresnan both consistently bowled over 85 mph and i dont our batsmen are incapable of playing 130 k bouncer. yesterday they were really fast. you dont need speed guns to see that.
yaar, In england for some reason either spongy bounce or conditions many batsman have got hit ,even tendulkar struggled where as in south africa its more true bounce yesterday also the pitch was two paced and cloud cover was their for the day so their 135km/h bouncer was effective we have played steyn,morkel akhtar,lee we should be able to adjust to these bowlers .
Raina and Yuvraj are subnormal against the short delivery. That alone should now keep them out of the Test team' date=' imo. It is a shame, as both are capable of good innings but such a glaring weakness cannot exist in a top batting line up.[/quote'] atleast raina is working hard on it and is much younger than yuvi who for years has had the same problem and mukund is no different most young batsman excpet rohit,virat kohli,uthappa,pujara have struggled toplay bouncing ball overseas
Why. What kind of tantrik power we have among ourselves that we know he won't succeed in Int'l level. I for one suggested with lot of people here that Mukund should be given longer run. But he continues to fail. Has played half of England series now and did play all of Windies tour. This should be enough, but still we suggest he should get some chance whenever there is a way to slot him into the side. But why so much ignorance for Dhawan. You don't have to score 10,000 runs in domestic to get going in Int'l level. As long as you are mentally strong enough to face the bowlers. That's all it matter. Rohit Sharma looks class, but he gotta be mentally strong to succeed at the big stage. Kohli failed in his first series outing. So we should sideline him now and don't pick him ever?
Thats not any tantrik power or anything but just a simple ability to assess the talent. I could be wrong. But I was right about Badrinath and have been right about Dhawan till now. If he proves me wrong in future, then we'll talk.
AIS team is very inexperienced squad, infact just an Academy squad of Australia whereas NZ have a few players who have tasted international cricket too. So it is quite natural.
AIS players are young but most of them plays their state sides in one day, T20, or FC. Like Maxwell, Abbott, Armstrong, Starc, Cutting, beaten, Alex Keath, Holland, Carters, Dixion...Most of them plays FC for various state sides. This is not an academy team. They are not in any academy as well. These players are selected for AIS scholarship from different state sides this year. Though most of them are very young and have very less FC experience and on home pitches, they are not behind anyone. Both the pcithes used in the matches look flat and runs have been scored at fair clip. Starc had played one ODI against India last year and is considered to be the future of Australian fast bowling.
Yes most of the players are young upcoming looking to get into FC cricket. My schoolmate has a scholarship with AIS and plays for U/19's, he also played the ODI's last week against India
India played ODIs last week? I thought they were playing tests in England.
Difference between Clark, Mcgrath, Aasif in comparison to PK is their height. PK is even shorter than Sreeshanth or may be equal. They all are tall bowlers. They do not let batsman play out side the crease or come to the front foot most often because of their bounce. There are many things to fast bowling which decides who much effective a bowler is going to be. I am not saying PK has not done well. He did well in suitable conditions and is a handy bowler, but not a long term prospect for me.
I don't understand why so many people give example of McGrath as medium bowler .Mcgrath at one time was considered as contender of fastest bowler ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In 1998, Australia toured India and for the first time on Indian soil the speed guns were to be a fixture. The Indian press chose to give the speed battle between Glenn McGrath and Srinath top billing but most so-called 'experts' at the time found this to be bordering on the insane. After all, Glenn McGrath was up there with Donald as the world's fastest bowlers, and that Srinath was never anything more than a 'military medium' bowler, right? Wrong. In their first encounter with the new speed guns, Srinath clocked 148kph while McGrath, although the fastest of the rest, was a whopping seven kph behind Srinath at 141kph. At the time, many people found these figures inconceivable and chose to dismiss them in error, but with the advantage of hindsight, we understand these speeds to be correct. Later on in that series, Srinath bowled a fastest ball of 149.6kph and was not far from his top pace before the shoulder operation. http://www.espncricinfo.com/wctimeline/content/story/111878.html --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- McGrath could have been slower than Srinath ,donald or waqar but he was still fast.There is noway he could be compared with PK
AIS team is very inexperienced squad, infact just an Academy squad of Australia whereas NZ have a few players who have tasted international cricket too. So it is quite natural.
Which is why I said that NZ 'A' is getting a good run from AIS and not the other way around. The NZ team is way more experienced.
I don't understand why so many people give example of McGrath as medium bowler .Mcgrath at one time was considered as contender of fastest bowler ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In 1998, Australia toured India and for the first time on Indian soil the speed guns were to be a fixture. The Indian press chose to give the speed battle between Glenn McGrath and Srinath top billing but most so-called 'experts' at the time found this to be bordering on the insane. After all, Glenn McGrath was up there with Donald as the world's fastest bowlers, and that Srinath was never anything more than a 'military medium' bowler, right? Wrong. In their first encounter with the new speed guns, Srinath clocked 148kph while McGrath, although the fastest of the rest, was a whopping seven kph behind Srinath at 141kph. At the time, many people found these figures inconceivable and chose to dismiss them in error, but with the advantage of hindsight, we understand these speeds to be correct. Later on in that series, Srinath bowled a fastest ball of 149.6kph and was not far from his top pace before the shoulder operation. http://www.espncricinfo.com/wctimeline/content/story/111878.html --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- McGrath could have been slower than Srinath ,donald or waqar but he was still fast.There is noway he could be compared with PK
At the end of his career, Mcgrath had brilliant success at often no more than 125kph - this is what people use as a reference. The fact he was initially quick is irrelevant.
At the end of his career' date=' Mcgrath had brilliant success at often no more than 125kph - this is what people use as a reference. The fact he was initially quick is irrelevant.[/quote'] I don't think McGrath ever bowled 125K. He was always in low 130s even in his last WC 2007. His speeds only slowed down with age when he came to retirement and that too was not 125K. I do not think you have watched matches. He was always 80 mph plus most often even in his last days. McGrath was always faster than Stuart Clark and even Stuart Clark was rarely below 130K. This is his last test series and even here he is bowling 80-82 mph. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K7TgkV8hQ8]‪Glenn McGrath Magic Over in 3rd Ashes Test 2006‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
At the end of his career' date=' Mcgrath had brilliant success at often no more than 125kph - this is what people use as a reference. The fact he was initially quick is irrelevant.[/quote'] Of course at the end of his career he was slower but one emerging or a fast bolwer who is at his peak cannot just take that example .With the type of experiance Mc grath had you can become very accurate.First bowler should try to become even half good as mcgrath and then his example should be taken
I don't think McGrath ever bowled 125K. He was always in low 130s even in his last WC 2007. His speeds only slowed down with age when he came to retirement and that too was not 125K. I do not think you have watched matches. He was always 80 mph plus most often even in his last days. McGrath was always faster than Stuart Clark and even Stuart Clark was rarely below 130K. This is his last test series and even here he is bowling 80-82 mph.
First ball was 125kph, but I do see your point. Perhaps moreso 130kph than 125kph.
Of course at the end of his career he was slower but one emerging or a fast bolwer who is at his peak cannot just take that example .With the type of experiance Mc grath had you can become very accurate.First bowler should try to become even half good as mcgrath and then his example should be taken
Why can only experience make you accurate. Is it beyond a young bowler to be accurate?