Bhajji backers seem to be shying away....

Shwetabh, We all know Bhajji has been cr@p for a while, but who do you think can play ahead of time against England ? The only guy i like so far is Ashwin, but he is a wild card for tests. For the better or worse, Bhajji is the only option we got.

Shwetabh, We all know Bhajji has been cr@p for a while, but who do you think can play ahead of time against England ? The only guy i like so far is Ashwin, but he is a wild card for tests. For the better or worse, Bhajji is the only option we got.
That doesn't hide the fact that Bhajji is crap and even his die hard supporters won't venture in this thread and say, "Yeah he'll average less than 30 over one series".
That doesn't hide the fact that Bhajji is crap and even his die hard supporters won't venture in this thread and say' date=' "Yeah he'll average less than 30 over one series".[/quote'] You do know how that's gonna pan out, right? Nobody will venture out for now. However if that does happen(Bhajji clocking wickets @30 or less) the same set of folks would be bumping this thread going after you. :--D:--D
You do know how that's gonna pan out, right? Nobody will venture out for now. However if that does happen(Bhajji clocking wickets @30 or less) the same set of folks would be bumping this thread going after you. :--D:--D
Yeah, I know, but at least in Tendulkar's case there was me and a few others who did venture out before hand to give some broad figure. :winky:
Yeah' date=' I know, but at least in Tendulkar's case there was me and a few others who did venture out before hand to give some broad figure. :winky:[/quote'] No you didnt :om::om: But yeah that was fun, I am still amazed at that discussion and how oft it gets popped up. Dont mind it by folks like you of course but certainly for folks who wouldnt badger a bet.
You do know how that's gonna pan out, right? Nobody will venture out for now. However if that does happen(Bhajji clocking wickets @30 or less) the same set of folks would be bumping this thread going after you. :--D:--D
So the 'fanboys' have to accept this stupid clause ? I mean here you have , the greatest indian spinner Kumble (apparently WAY better than Bhajji, not in the same class blah blah) averaging 41 in England , and Bhajji has to prove he is not crap by averaging under 30 on a given tour, when has averaged 24, 29 and 25 in last 3 overseas tours. Sure sounds fair to me.:giggle:
So the 'fanboys' have to accept this stupid clause ? I mean here you have ' date=' the greatest indian spinner Kumble averaging 41, and Bhajji has to prove he is not crap by [b']averaging under 30 on a given tour, when has averaged 24, 29 and 25 in last 3 overseas tours. Sure sounds fair to me.:giggle:
Arre dude then it should be rather easy. Just say "okay I stand behind Bhajji, he will pick wickets at 30". EOD why does everything has to be an argument mate? Jeez I am glad I was born in simpler times :((
I am standing behind him' date=' but if he doesn't average below 30, doesn't make him a crap bowler. :dontknow:[/quote'] Over 35 would have you carry the placard :--D 30-35 is a neutral area. Looks like you are the first one to badger the bet. Seal the deal :agree:
Over the last 4 years bhaji is our top wicket taker Over the last 3 years bhaji is our top wicket taker Over the last 2 years bhaji is our top wicket taker
Care to explain what his average and S/R say in that time span starting 10-Jul-2007(4 year span) apart from the total number of wickets in comparison to say ZK or IS. Or just as in Tendulkar's total 'international' runs scored does the total numbers of matches and innings bowled or batted in become irrelevant just to make a point whether it makes sense or not.

Bhajji is not classical off spinner and doesn’t have spinner heart to give flight. But he has to keep his business going in the Test/ODI/T20 so he came with a unique combination of the bowling which suite all three formats. But can not blame him since we normally select players on ODI performances. As we play more ODI/T20 by default he start with defensive middle-leg stump bowling with eye on averages and hoping for batsman mistakes , But when he realize after first test that he is bowling in the test but not ODI then he will try to give more flight with less ball speed and sometime bowl from round the wicket. This change starts benefiting him after second/third test. Again it help him since our batsman does normally start to score more runs form second test onwards. But being a real hard worker he gives support in batting, teams go to man on opposition and keeping close friendship with Captain and Sachin and thanking all seniors for his success. Last couple of years Zaheer and other fast bowler performance has taken out the load from traditional Indian slow bowler so taking couple of wickets at around 30-35 average suit the team needs. But “Dil Mange more nature” of Indian fans want Aus-1 team Warne like role from Indian spinner or WI-1 team Marshall like performance from fast bowler. Again fans are not wrong because this team in no 1 ranked in the table and some of the batsman performance are real no 1 .

It is a trap!!!! Emotional inertia for a "bhajji backer to criticize him" ..would far outweigh that(emotional inertia) of "Bhajji haters to start appreciating - for a while".. It is easy for haters to 'fake' appreciation, whereas backers would be under extreme emotional stress to do the opposite. The "emotional" stakes are not balanced.