Injury/Fitness update in England series so far.....

Strongly disagree. Zak just does not look fit. If he wanted to play in this series (and considering how important it is and how valuable he is) he should have been working hard on his fitness. Not appear with a tire around his belly. Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish he had tweaked his hamstring in the practice match or in the warm-ups before the Test and not on the first day. At least we would have played with our full complement of bowlers.

England on tenterhooks as Tremlett faces fitness test To general lack of surprise, the England fast bowler, Chris Tremlett, failed to train yesterday ahead of the second Test. With equal expectancy, the team management tried to make light of the break, presumably trying to forestall suggestions that he may be doubtful for the eagerly-awaited encounter with India which starts at Trent Bridge tomorrow. The official line that Tremlett was "managing his workload" certainly made it difficult to drum up evidence that he is in serious trouble. But then Tremlett would be a serious miss. Excellently though he bowled at Lord's, especially on the final day when he might easily have had more than his one wicket as England won by 196 runs, he was struggling at times. When he strode back to his mark he often rubbed the back of his leg and briefly left the field. The official reason is that he has a tight hamstring. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/england-on-tenterhooks-as-tremlett-faces-fitness-test-2327014.html

I was tremlett to play the second test and pull his hamstring and go out after the first over. England would lose by an innings.
Rubbish. He wont play unless he is fit and unlike Khan he gritted his teeth and bowled through his niggle. Even if we did lose him, we would bat through a draw at worst. You forget it was Jimmy and Broad who bowled you out at Lords and this pitch favors Jimmy all the more:--D
I was tremlett to play the second test and pull his hamstring and go out after the first over. England would lose by an innings.
Nice. You wish injury on players so you can beat teams. We only coped with what happened at Lords, I would never wish an injury on a player, shame on you
Would this be similar to McGrath tripping on the ball on the morning of the 2nd test in Ashes 2005??
That was unfortunate and yes I think you are right it did have an impact on the game. But unlike our friend here I did not hope he would injure himself as I wanted our team to beat the best side they could put out. Which is why I am sure the side you sent to the WI was a disappointment to them. That being said we too rest players for what we see as the bigger series
That was unfortunate and yes I think you are right it did have an impact on the game. But unlike our friend here I did not hope he would injure himself as I wanted our team to beat the best side they could put out. Which is why I am sure the side you sent to the WI was a disappointment to them. That being said we too rest players for what we see as the bigger series
He is the being sarcastic.Could not even understand that poor wobbydoggy.:giggle:
Rubbish. He wont play unless he is fit and unlike Khan he gritted his teeth and bowled through his niggle. Even if we did lose him, we would bat through a draw at worst. You forget it was Jimmy and Broad who bowled you out at Lords and this pitch favors Jimmy all the more:--D
YA the mighty poms :icflove:. One test win and you are the kings.

Injury update: Zaheer unlikely, Gambhir in some discomfort but likely, Tendulkar fit More... Bracing up for 'green top' test Sanjjeev Karan Samyal, Hindustan Times Nottingham, July 28, 2011 Come the second Test, Indians fans will see Ishant Sharma in a new avatar. Gone is the flowing mane, as the lanky fast bowler appeared for practice at Trent Bridge in a well-kept look. Asked if the hair cut had something to do with luck, he quipped: “I just felt like getting a hair cut.†Luck or not, Ishant will be more comfortable in his follow-through as the curls will no longer block his view as keeps an eye on the target. With Zaheer Khan a doubtful starter for the second Test, the mantle of India’s spearhead has fallen on Ishant. For him, the key is to recover physically and mentally, before Friday, from the marathon effort at Lord's. Praveen Kumar and Ishant shared the extra workload and Wednesday’s nets were meant to put them at ease. While Ishant chose to rest, Praveen bowled from a couple of paces, to get a feel of the release. Severely hurt by injuries and illness at Lord's, the focus ahead at Trent Bridge is whether a full-strength India can take on England. From what was on view, of the three suspects, Zaheer doesn't have a chance of making it. A fully-recovered Sachin Tendulkar is raring to go, while Gautam Gambhir, though in some discomfort, will play. The official take on Zaheer’s injury status was: “He has recovered considerably and we will take a call on the eve of the Test.†The left-arm seamer worked out with physio, Ashish Kaushik but didn’t touch the ball. Tendulkar had an intense throw-down session, and was the first to emerge with his pads on and among the last to remove them. Gambhir’s preparation was restricted to a brief batting session. The other three left-handers in the side, Suresh Raina, Abhinav Mukund and Yuvraj Singh, had extended batting sessions while skipper MS Dhoni focussed on is big shots against spinners. At the end of the session, the groundsmen lifted the covers and the layer of green signalled that India are up for a severe test. But the determined look in the visitors’ eyes indicated that they were ready for the challenge. 28_07_11-metro19b.jpg

No it was Tremlett who troubled everyone. Anderson and Broad may have taken more wickets ,but tremlett unsettled. He was always keeping pressure. Sachin did find him difficult. So if he not there, I would say "Big Loss" to England. But hope he is there.
No it was Tremlett who troubled everyone. Anderson and Broad may have taken more wickets ,but tremlett unsettled. He was always keeping pressure. Sachin did find him difficult. So if he not there, I would say "Big Loss" to England. But hope he is there.
I agree, it was the pressure he exerted that got the others their wickets. I hope he is fit too

Jimmy Anderson's figures were very flattering at Lord's. A lot of his wickets came off poor shots off nothing balls by Indian batsman. Tremlett and Broad deserve more of the credit as they constantly put India under pressure and bowled extremely well. However, Anderson could be almost unplayable at Trent Bridge. His record at the ground is ridiculous.

Jimmy Anderson's figures were very flattering at Lord's. A lot of his wickets came off poor shots off nothing balls by Indian batsman. Tremlett and Broad deserve more of the credit as they constantly put India under pressure and bowled extremely well. However' date=' Anderson could be almost unplayable at Trent Bridge. His record at the ground is ridiculous.[/quote'] I agree:dance: