Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

will we see the gud-sree or the bad-sree... only time will tell.. i dont care how the pitch gonna be 1st session i wana see IND bat first.
No.If the pitch has some bounce or juice in it,I would like to see India bowl first because it will be the perfect opportunity for the Indian pacers to make use of the conditions.Also you need to allow players like Yuvraj some time on the field to get used to the test match atmosphere because he is playing for the first time in a test match since the Sri Lanka series.
What should be the order of the batsmen? Mukund Dravid Laxman Sachin Yuvi Raina Dhoni This looks weak after Sachin. 2-3 quick wickets in first hour and England may run into this side when the playing actually becomes little bit easier.
Why didn't you selected Gambhir? He is fit for second test
There is nothing to whine about.If one player is injured ' date=the indian team must be capable of replacing him.It is not as if one player is indispensible.We may not find a replacement for Tendulkar when the big three retire but we can certainly find a replacement for Dravid or Laxman cause' they are not once in a lifetime players like Tendulkar.Everyone says Ganguly is a great player but we are not feeling his absence because Suresh Raina is performing as good as him.
What does this have anything to do with what I just said? Anyway... to say Dravid and Laxman are not once in a lifetime players is really... something. Sachin is irreplaceable in his own way, and the same holds true for these two. And did you just compare Suresh Raina to Ganguly? :cantstop: As for the Indian team having to be capable enough to replace injured players- I'm not debating that either, but it's much easier said than done when the injured people in question are your main strike bowler and 2 opening Test batsmen who have the ability to make the opposition's bowlers crap their pants. Yuvraj as an opener just won't work.
He is fit for second test
Is he? Because if that's true we all will be heaving a huge sigh of relief. Last I heard, he wasn't fit to play.
What does this have anything to do with what I just said? As if Zak and Viru's absence wasn't enough, we now have to deal with missing out on yet another opener in Gambhir (as of now, he's not available). If we manage to win or even draw this Test, it'll be a testament to our ability to grit our way through what seems (increasingly) like a voodoo curse gone berserk.
You were whining.
What does this have anything to do with what I just said? Is he? Because if that's true we all will be heaving a huge sigh of relief. Last I heard, he wasn't fit to play.
Gambhir Might play if he pass in fitness test before the match. Gambhir's injury is not a major injury. He batted in second innings and he looks good while he batting. Dhoni said, Gambhir was doubtful "as of now". Dhoni might say Gambhir is fit "as of now". So I hope Gambhir will play and Yuvi might replace Raina or Mukund
Gambhir Might play if he pass in fitness test before the match. Gambhir's injury is not a major injury. He batted in second innings and he looks good while he batting. Dhoni said, Gambhir was doubtful "as of now". Dhoni might say Gambhir is fit "as of now". So I hope Gambhir will play and Yuvi might replace Raina or Mukund
:WTF:
Gambhir Might play if he pass in fitness test before the match. Gambhir's injury is not a major injury. He batted in second innings and he looks good while he batting. Dhoni said, Gambhir was doubtful "as of now". Dhoni might say Gambhir is fit "as of now". So I hope Gambhir will play and Yuvi might replace Raina or Mukund[/QUOTE] You must be out of your mind if you say Yuvraj must replace Raina or Mukund.Both of them provided valuable contributions in the first test and Yuvraj Singh wont be able to provide even half of that.He chases deliveries outside offstump similar to Raina,but Raina is hungry to cement his spot in the test side.But Yuvraj after being man-of-the-tournament at the sight of Stuart Broad or Kevin Pietersen would try to go after them which could result him in his losing his wicket.

i just want to know what is wrong with the English media.If you see,when India got the World No 1 ranking for the first time after beating Srilanka,no one congratulated India and Ian Chappell along with his girlfriend Sanju Manju was the first to criticise India telling that they must win in Aus or SA to prove their no 1 ranking.So when India attains No 1 ranking,it is time to prove,when others attain it it is time to bloat.

Yuvraj was duck out in practice match only because its a practice match. If Yuvi played in Lords test, He too might scored at least an half century in any of the innings which has been scored by Raina and Mukund. Mukund is chasing the outside off stump deliveries. Yuvi also hunger to cement his test spot. If Yuvi plays in first test, Kevin Pieterson may not scored that double Hundred. KP vs UV will be a tough contest as we seen in past. KP will need to handle pressure against Yuvraj. And don't under estimate Yuvraj,because He is World cup hero. Team India need to utilize UV's all round performance with bat and ball.
You are confusing One-Day with test performance.Also Yuvraj is a part timer with the ball in test cricket.He gets wickets in one-dayers because batsman feel he is the part-timer and go after him.Also regarding Mukund,he scored a 49 and was anxious to get to a 50 in the first innings.Thats why he nicked one.And seeing the way he was sent to give the interview.Mukund wont be dropped for the rest of the series.He can replace Sehwag as long as Sehwag is fit for the next IPL.After all ,we all want sehwag to perform for DD.:facepalm:

Even so we need to behave like we are the fans of #1 team not #8. Whatever Nassi or IB says who cares. I think people are trying to defend this team and that is a joke. Team india now does not need this type of defending. We have worlds finest cricketers playing for us at this moment. It is unfortunate that we have far too many players down because of injuries but that need not be an excuse us being #1. I see this english side best english side in last 10-15 years. Even SA are equally good with Kallis, Amla, Smith, ABD, JPD and so on. So is Indian team. It will be a while for ENG to take over Indians. For that they need to beat us and continue winning the games ahead. Until then lets enjoy tomorrow's game.

Even so we need to behave like we are the fans of #1 team not #8. Whatever Nassi or IB says who cares. I think people are trying to defend this team and that is a joke. Team india now does not need this type of defending. We have worlds finest cricketers playing for us at this moment. It is unfortunate that we have far too many players down because of injuries but that need not be an excuse us being #1. I see this english side best english side in last 10-15 years. Even SA are equally good with Kallis, Amla, Smith, ABD, JPD and so on. So is Indian team. It will be a while for ENG to take over Indians. For that they need to beat us and continue winning the games ahead. Until then lets enjoy tomorrow's game.
+1
Mukund is a good player. no doubt about it. Don't confuse with test cricket and One day cricket. Test or ODI......... It is Cricket. Yuvi can turn the ball and he can bowl arm balls with any ball(Test ball or ODI ball) And batsmen does going against Yuvi, Yuvi provoking them to go against him and he was succeeded in ODI format. He need get one good chance. Don't forget Yuvraj's contribution at Chennai test 2008 Yuvi's test avg is almost 36 and Raina's avg is almost 38. It means both are equal players as batsmen. As a bowler Yuvi is better than Raina.