F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

Oh man' date=' almost 10 years - would love to meet up as I can feel the [b']"jab shaam dale to bagpiper" ( if u remember that commercial ) I have heard pune is coming up as well, taste of mumbai but with lesser baggage
Oh yeah absolutely. If you make a trip to West coast, specifically AZ area give me a buzz we will plan something. Pune is great as well. It is kind of a funny city actually. Very cosmpolitan of course, great climate, sweet looking girls and MG Road lol...However the impression I will always have is that of more Hindish influence than many Hindi belt town. For example, Pune remains the only place where localites call a statue as Putla. First time I went there I was told to take a right by Maharshi Karve Putla..I was like Putla WTF. Even in Bihar nobody says Putla. Great town though, getting very expensive. I know people who have gained 20 times in terms of cost benefit within 10 years of buying an apartment there

I think I should've called it a country mostly run by Shitholes instead ( include laloo prasad and all other corrupt people )..my mistake, not literally meant to dis-respect India But that doesn't mean that you are not a jackass :icflove: now don't start following me like a byatch in heat... :nervous:
:hysterical::hysterical: ah dude, even your gaalis are retarded. Atleast be original man. Anyway I suppose you got the point and thats all that matters :hatsoff:

Oh yeah absolutely. If you make a trip to West coast, specifically AZ area give me a buzz we will plan something. Pune is great as well. It is kind of a funny city actually. Very cosmpolitan of course, great climate, sweet looking girls and MG Road lol...However the impression I will always have is that of more Hindish influence than many Hindi belt town. For example, Pune remains the only place where localites call a statue as Putla. First time I went there I was told to take a right by Maharshi Karve Putla..I was like Putla WTF. Even in Bihar nobody says Putla. Great town though, getting very expensive. I know people who have gained 20 times in terms of cost benefit within 10 years of buying an apartment there
Thats not Hindi influence but a Marathi influence.Pune was the seat of the Peshwai (Prime Ministers) in the Maratha Confederacy. The only difference is that the "L" in Putla is pronounced as "zh" as in Tamizh.

Thats not Hindi influence but a Marathi influence.Pune was the seat of the Peshwai (Prime Ministers) in the Maratha Confederacy. The only difference is that the "L" in Putla is pronounced as "zh" as in Tamizh.
Thats actually a darn good point. Marathis have use Hindi more purely than most Hindi states. Now we can argue if it is Marathi influencing Hindi (or even Tamil), or vice versa, but the essence remains true. The way Marathis speak Sanskruti instead of Sanskriti. This was dealt quite nicely, in my opinion, by Nana Patekar in Ab tak Chappan, Kya re tum log North-Indians? Vayshali? Vaishaali bolo Vaishaali :cantstop:

Thats actually a darn good point. Marathis have use Hindi more purely than most Hindi states. Now we can argue if it is Marathi influencing Hindi (or even Tamil), or vice versa, but the essence remains true. The way Marathis speak Sanskruti instead of Sanskriti. This was dealt quite nicely, in my opinion, by Nana Patekar in Ab tak Chappan, Kya re tum log North-Indians? Vayshali? Vaishaali bolo Vaishaali :cantstop:
Lets not forget "tapori" language talking about Hindi in Mumbai. It's very cute.

^^ Yudh lol..What a blast from the yesteryears. Black mein ticket lekar front row mein dekha tha. 6 rupaye ka ticket. 1 rupaye cycle stand mein. 2 rupaye ka samosa Interval mein. 10 rupaye mein movie khatam hehe. Movie itself was timepass. Jackie-Anil made a decent pair and I always rooted for Jackie :D still remember his entrance in Parinda...
Used to be best dressed in Hindi Movie Industry ( b4 it transformed to bollywood )

I use the word putla. Is that uncool these days ? :nervous:

putla is not for statues.. putla = stuffed dummies.. like the ones you burn on dussera.....'बुत' would be better word...kya बुत baney hue khada hai...(standing like a statue) but since putla it is not for statues - it does look funny/cool to say so :)

putla is not for statues.. putla = stuffed dummies.. like the ones you burn on dussera.....'बुत' would be better word...kya बुत baney hue khada hai...(standing like a statue) but since putla it is not for statues - it does look funny/cool to say so :)
:ohmy: :doh:

That may speak as much about you as it does about Mumbai (or India). And I am not trying to be mean to you(hopefully you will see it that way). Anytime I travel to India I typically get down at either Mumbai or Delhi. Both the cities are cramped with teeming population. But really as an Indian do you really care? I dont. I mean I grew up running on platform to catch a moving train. Amongst other things I have travelled pirched atop of train and buses. And this has been all over India, though more in Bihar where I grew up. In Mumbai I have hung on to the rails of a train. So I get the sense of crowd and frankly I love it. Now you may feel uncomfortable, nothing wrong there. Just a personal preference. When I typical land in India I love the small houses, each emerging from the other, 10 teams playing in the park and so on. When I get down at Mumbai in evenings it is hardly as pretty as even a small town in USA (in terms of lights) but who the eff cares. This is my country, this is where I was born and raised and just looking at that narrow lights on Marine Drive making a Queen's necklace makes me feel I am back where I belonged. As for the British lady you can put her in contact with Under_Score, he knows affluent places around the world :hehe:
Lurks, I wasnt trying to score a cheap point and I do understand what you mean. For a city that contributes so much to the exchequer, it deserves better infrastructure. I am not ashamed of the city or the people, just the fact that when you want to bring in business to India, the first port of call would be the financial capital's airport. Dont you think that reiterates the slumdog millionaire image of Mumbai that people have? For godsake its got more to it than the slums and thats what I was trying to put across.

Lurks' date=' I wasnt trying to score a cheap point and I do understand what you mean. For a city that contributes so much to the exchequer, it deserves better infrastructure. I am not ashamed of the city or the people, just the fact that when you want to bring in business to India, the first port of call would be the financial capital's airport. Dont you think that reiterates the slumdog millionaire image of Mumbai that people have? For godsake its got more to it than the slums and thats what I was trying to put across.[/quote'] Oh thats a whole different story. You should probably see some of my other posts in this regard. Bottomline is this. Bombay was our (India's) best shot to be the best city in the entire continent, and yes I am quite aware with comparisons with Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore etc. It has a lot of things going for it, easily the best city in the country by far. With no disrespect towards any other city, the fact that Bombay gets compared to Delhi, Calcutta, Hyderabad says more about how much Bombay has fallen than how these other cities have come up. The downfall started, in my opinion, with the whole communalisation of India, and Bombay in late 80s/90s. No other city has paid as much a price as Bombay has. So a big Woohoo shout to the right wing bhagwa loony brigade that keeps bringing it down further. And yes slums have also multiplied largely due to the fact that development across India has not been very uniform and the whole political-criminal nexus. xxx

Oh thats a whole different story. You should probably see some of my other posts in this regard. Bottomline is this. Bombay was our (India's) best shot to be the best city in the entire continent, and yes I am quite aware with comparisons with Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore etc. It has a lot of things going for it, easily the best city in the country by far. With no disrespect towards any other city, the fact that Bombay gets compared to Delhi, Calcutta, Hyderabad says more about how much Bombay has fallen than how these other cities have come up. The downfall started, in my opinion, with the whole communalisation of India, and Bombay in late 80s/90s. No other city has paid as much a price as Bombay has. So a big Woohoo shout to the right wing bhagwa loony brigade that keeps bringing it down further. And yes slums have also multiplied largely due to the fact that development across India has not been very uniform and the whole political-criminal nexus. xxx
Comparisons on paper only. I have been to the highlighted cities and they are light years ahead of Mumbai.

Comparisons on paper only. I have been to the highlighted cities and they are light years ahead of Mumbai.
Please take time to develop comprehension skills. The operative word here is "was". The scenario is not as of today but that of 80s and earlier. Unless of course you were travelling around in that era as well.