DADAGIRI - The SAURAV GANGULY thread

Predator_05

Part 1; Ganguly scores 100 off 127 balls vs AUSTRALIA in the vast expanses of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. IND were batting 2nd (under lights) chasing a formidable Aussie total and Ganguly kept a crappy Indian batting lineup in the hunt. Once he departed (run out for 100), Dravid and co. couldn't take India home and this resulted in the Indian section of the crowd throwing bottles onto the pitch and holding up play. This video only includes Ganguly's innings though. aQnMhEgzge0 Part 2; Written off as a worthless quota selection when picked in the touring party for the 1996 tour of England, Ganguly dug in and established himself in the Test XI for good on his debut Test series. First, he scored a brilliant hundred at Lords and then followed it up with this stunning 136 at Trent Bridge. This was the same match which saw Tendulkar score 177. Together, they amassed 255 runs in what was the highest ever partnership by India away from home, for any wicket. Check it out. ky072CLUSKs I put in a little soundtrack as an accompaniment to this video because the English commentary and the atmosphere was sleep-inducing.

I put in a little soundtrack as an accompaniment to this video because the English commentary and the atmosphere was sleep-inducing.
:hysterical::hysterical: man you are brutal. Great extended videos, keep em coming mate :regular_smile:

:hysterical::hysterical: man you are brutal. Great extended videos' date=' keep em coming mate :regular_smile:[/quote'] It's actually one of my "gym songs". Can you guess which film the song is from ? It's fairly obvious... ...and no, it's NOT from some trashy Bollywood film !

^^ Is it? Will look that up. I bet it is one of those high-octane training videos in Rocky. Every Rocky movie had that 3-4 minutes old-school Stallone training and boy the movie was worth watching just for that! As inspiring video as you would ever find.

^^ Is it? Will look that up. I bet it is one of those high-octane training videos in Rocky. Every Rocky movie had that 3-4 minutes old-school Stallone training and boy the movie was worth watching just for that! As inspiring video as you would ever find.
Yep. Legendary training montages. Here is the one i used in the Ganguly video (LOL) L9VqYpN3mUo and here are some other great ones which i use; iD_auX298fI Once it snowed in and i couldn't go to gym. I put that one on and knocked out 500 pushups while listening to it...inspirational stuff. I know the tune inside out. and another one... FJOEA56y7qA

Great videos Predator! Didn't know they were out on Youtube. I love Rocky Training videos. It is so hardcore and yet so old-school. Kick ass pullups, log shoulder press,log squats etc. Gotta love them. My training regimen is still built around one key old-school exercise everyday I workout. Old school squats, old school military press, deadifts, bench press(though I have lately replaced it with db press as it hurts my rotator cuffs). Must say Stallone made a great series in Rocky and the training part specificlly is the bomb. Very inspiring. On a side note 500 pushups is quite a handful man. Good stuff.

And that too without using hands or feet. That takes some doing' date=' even for Pred.[/quote'] :haha::haha: Seriously though, a lot of people think that working out is just something you do to keep fit. What they fail to realize is working out can also become a big passion where you tend to think about it even outside of the gym. And when you do not make it to the gym you feel like half-alive. Trust me it is that infectious. Predz seems to fall under that category of hardcore workout fanatic, good to see man!

Absolutely, Lurks. It's an addiction, through and through, and a very good one at that. I don't do too many weights, but run a lot. It's absolutely exhilarating to run as fast as you can for 40 minutes and then collapse in a heap, sweat streaming like a waterfall, and then hit the shower with a bit of lavender shower-gel to wash away the fatigue. And what it does to the appeitite is just a bonus. You can eat like a horse, which is great because I love food. It's a shame I can't run 7 days a week because of muscle fatigue. Wish I had a cross trainer at home (never been a gym person).

I don't do too many weights, but run a lot. It's absolutely exhilarating to run as fast as you can for 40 minutes and then collapse in a heap, sweat streaming like a waterfall, and then hit the shower with a bit of lavender shower-gel to wash away the fatigue.
40 minutes of quality running is fantastic Dhondy. It will get your heart in great shape, not to mention small matters of kicking up metabolism where things you eat gets digested faster. This in turn means you can eat what you want. Win-win. I have never been a runner. Part of the problem is of course that I weight-train and running and weight-training does not go together at all. When I do try to run I am left panting after 20-25 minutes(at a pace of about 5 miles an hour). I have great respect for runners though. It takes a lot of heart...quite literally :wink_smile:

you are one facking insane dood .... I mean 500 get the fack outta here ..:afraid:
LOL, relax boss - i didn't do 'em all in one go ! I did them in sets of 50 with approx 30 seconds rest in between. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore workout fanatic, but working out plays a major role in my life; keeping me feeling refreshed and active. I can be quite lazy at times, and workouts act as a balance, a source of motivation. More importantly, there is also that sense of accomplishment attached to working out. When I look at pictures of mine from 2 and a half years ago and compare them to the way i look now (i've put on about 40 pounds, ie; another layer of muscle) i can't help but feel a little pride in how my effort was duly rewarded. Likewise when you start with benching 100 lbs and gradually get stronger and stronger. I sincerely believe that fitness, and sports in general for that matter are like the purest forms of meritocracy. Maximum effort is invariably rewarded with maximum reward...if only other aspects of life could work in the same way !

Yeah Rugby athletes are quite unique specimen. I suppose they are not exactly what modern fitness expert would consider fit but they are extremely rugged and powerful. I wonder what their average years in career is like? Do they play as long as football player say 10-15 years? I would think the wear and tare would be lot more in rugby.

^^ It sounds very 80s/90ish Predz. Kind of the background of Beverly Hill Cops. Similar instruments and all. Reminded me of the old band EUROPE, they had similar music. Could be Rocky as well. It had similar music.
it is rocky 4 when balboa is having a crisis after apollo's death in the ring at the hands of draco. he goes driving in his 86 Lamborghini and then right after that goes to siberia to train in oblivion.

that last video where he lifts the rocks and then turns his back and pulls them over his head... awesome workout for the entire core (to provide stability), shocks your triceps and back... man i just started weight training again after a year and its the best exercise in my opinion for the entire core and back.