Lakshmi and Rushdie agree to end their marriage...

THX_1138

Both indimidated by each other's success... or maybe Lakshmi upset that now she has to refer to Rushdie as 'Sir' as demanded by the law, as opposed to earlier when she had to do so in submission to his perverted demands... I m gonna give her call, she needs a shoulder to cry on and i will have no problem if she rebounds off me... (insert diabolical laughter)

Probably she must have read his book finally.:haha:
hey now... i ve read two of his books: Midnight's children and Satanic Verses (i carried it with me at all times it in my discrete time models class where we have three pakis and two lebanese guys), and they are nothing short of brilliant.

Maybe they did fall for each other....not all old high profile man-young hot-gal marriage is about gold-digging. You will find that a lot chicks will take a cerebral man over a young hotshot. And Salman is as cerebral as they come... Cassanova wasnt exactly a super-rich guy with looks of a God either !

Inevitable. Some one that fit cant be with someone that ugly and old
Have you guys ever seen Donald trumps wife? Or Hugh hefners fiance?Money is a great substitute for 6 pack abs, good set of hair and charm....Add fame to it, any girl will leave her principles behind and will get down on her knees..

.Add fame to it, any girl will leave her principles behind and will get down on her knees..
A very chauvinistic and sexist statement, this. Do you think your mother will get down on her knees for cash ? if so, how much ? ( this is not to attack you- but to show you how your comment is extremely insensetive !) Salman isnt exactly the donald trump-hugh hefner rich. he maybe decently rich because he is a very high profile author but there are millions as rich or richer than he is in the UK alone...he is a writer/novelist, not a billionaire businessman...and he isnt into writing hollywood scripts for money like Steven King either...

A very chauvinistic and sexist statement, this. Do you think your mother will get down on her knees for cash ? if so, how much ? ( this is not to attack you- but to show you how your comment is extremely insensetive !) Salman isnt exactly the donald trump-hugh hefner rich. he maybe decently rich because he is a very high profile author but there are millions as rich or richer than he is in the UK alone...he is a writer/novelist, not a billionaire businessman...and he isnt into writing hollywood scripts for money like Steven King either...
There is a difference between women and girls......Anyway as long as we are talking about gold digging girls,let keep it to generalizing such kinda girls,who are dime a dozen in any part of the world. I shouldn't have said "all" girls. On the topic,Obviously Trump is way more richer than Salman but his wife is also way more popular than Padma. Padma wasnt as popular back then when they got married. Maybe she really did fall for his charm or intelligence but its safe to say that him being a successful author,increased his "qualities" Take a look at people around you and people on TV......you will always find the percentage of ugly man-beautiful women couples increases when the financial status of the male increases. Take a look at matrimonial sites for example....Girls always look for guys who earn more than them and guys always look for girls who are more attractive than them. Thats the way the world revovles. Obviously not everyone thinks money matters a lot but most do.

I shouldn't have said "all" girls.
Thank you...no worries now- carry on. :ciao: PS:
you will always find the percentage of ugly man-beautiful women couples increases when the financial status of the male increases.
I dont follow media and celebrity cr@p much...but there are no less 'old lady-droopyskins with young stud' pairings happening either. Sharon stone & Ashton Kutcher is one that comes to mind. I see this a lot around the art circles in vancover too (along with your old-guy-young-hottie jori). If gold-diggers formed an union tomorrow, i dont think they'd care much if their members were men or women..

Its Kuthcher and demi moore........If u have seen demi moore in Charlies angels, you would know the reason....... Again, i could be completely wrong about the gold digging part and the reason could easily be "a new study by Satoshi Kanazawa, an evolutionary psychologist at the London School of Economics, suggests it may be a simple supply-and-demand issue: there are more beautiful women in the world than there are handsome men."

Guest dada_rocks

Oke let me add my two bit. Human beings by nature are polygamous, nobody likes restraints since qriters tend to be free bird they got still bigger urge to keep wandering. Just give it a rest it's nothing unusual even Amartya Sen had 2-3 wives. For Pakistanis: These people tend to pass judgement on Rushdie's looks. I can assure u he is better looking than at least 90% of pakistani population so please go little easy with those cheap shots .

For Pakistanis: These people tend to pass judgement on Rushdie's looks. I can assure u he is better looking than at least 90% of pakistani population so please go little easy with those cheap shots .
Their are some in PP msg board who think Indians are generally ugly especially South Indians.