Breaking Bad (Highly Recommended)

Rajiv

We should take a poll on those who haven't watched it and how are they living their lives
Great idea sir, please add the poll haha. On a separate note, It'd be interesting to see if the Heisenberg look has caught on as a trend ( bald-goatee). Probably more with the older people, would any of you buddas be willing to go for the Walter White look ?

TV Shows aren't meant to be this good. That is why it is called small screen. But GAWDDAMN!!! Vince Gilligan is a Master. My all time favourite TV Show (only The Wire comes even close).
:orderorder: There are other shows which are also excellent: 1. Sopranos. 2. Dexter (First season is very good). 3. Shield (comparable to The Wire, but fast paced and thrilling) 4. Boardwalk Empire. This has top notch production and story telling. It is a bit slow, but it just grows on you like fine wine. 5. Prison Break (First Season). I keep on hearing good stuff about Games of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy...

TV Shows aren't meant to be this good. That is why it is called small screen. But GAWDDAMN!!! Vince Gilligan is a Master. My all time favourite TV Show (only The Wire comes even close). Too fvckin bad that last 8 episodes are delayed until next summer.
Whoa what? So last 8 episodes would be telecasted next year? Wtf? @tdigi +100 about Game of Thrones

:orderorder: There are other shows which are also excellent: 1. Sopranos. 2. Dexter (First season is very good). 3. Shield (comparable to The Wire, but fast paced and thrilling) 4. Boardwalk Empire. This has top notch production and story telling. It is a bit slow, but it just grows on you like fine wine. 5. Prison Break (First Season). I keep on hearing good stuff about Games of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy...
Sopranos was great but I hated the ending so it doesn't measure up to BB or The Wire. Dexter was great the first 2 seasons but once they killed off doakes (who was the only good actor on the show besides Hall), it became a treadmill show (although I still watch it). Shield is a school play compare to The Wire. PB - just 1st season (like you said). Sons of Anarchy - only liked the first season (it became a soap opera after that). Games of Thrones is the next contender. I like that the directors are taking some creative freedoms and the results have been definitely good. Haven't watched Boardwalk Empire , so can't comment. Look, You can poke holes in every tv show IMO, except BB. I like that producers aren't trying to milk their success by extending it. 5 seasons is just perfect. And even though I love this show, it doesn't seem rushed at all. You have had a seemless transition in WW's character (and the shift in viewers' attitude towards him would also be unanimous - from sympathetic to hatred). Very little wastage of scenes and the attention to detail is mind boggling for a TV show. Which again, can only be said for The Wire.