Rajkot woman stages semi-nude protest against dowry demand

Gambit

Guest dada_rocks
Actually quite true. They also jokingly mention that as your qualifications go up ' date=' the dowry amount goes up too. So , a masters student residing in the US , can [b']demanfd upto 1 crore it seems. When i first came here , they used to call a guy " one crore" .. I didnt realiz the meaning of that first. Was later told that was the dowry amount his parents were demanding ! :haha:
PhD ka rate kya tha 2 crore.. :hysterical: sala I missed thsi oen I am going to show this post to my wife:hysterical: I am telling u all these dowry will disappear if two things happen. (1) parents put the girl's share of porperty in her name (2) Girl gets career oriented (

PhD ka rate kya tha 2 crore.. :hysterical: sala I missed thsi oen I am going to show this post to my wife:hysterical: I am telling u all these dowry will disappear if two things happen. (1) parents put the girl's share of porperty in her name (2) Girl gets career oriented (
actually you left a really important point. 3) If the guy has even an iota of dignity and self-respect. You a Phd DR ? damn , you just missed half a million dollars !!!:haha:

and what if the girl has a PhD and the guy has a masters..does she get the dowry? there are some tamil people where its the other way around..they guy gives dowry, takes the wifes last name and is expected to live with her parents. that is so cool :giggle:

and what if the girl has a PhD and the guy has a masters..does she get the dowry? there are some tamil people where its the other way around..they guy gives dowry, takes the wifes last name and is expected to live with her parents. that is so cool :giggle:
oh really ? I am tamil.. and i have never ever heard such a thing happen !

i know a family like that..but im not sure now if they are tamil or mallu :P
better get the facts right before you generalise ! :P And anyways , what you said IS cool. Imagine guy's parents going to the bride's parents and saying - " He is a good boy, will take good care of the family ! " :haha:

i know a family like that..but im not sure now if they are tamil or mallu :P
One way to tell Mallus and Tamils apart ( if you dont understand a lick of what they are saying like me) is that i find the Mallus speak 3x faster than Tamils do. PS: Now THIS lady is my kinda lady- has balls to stand up for herself. I am sorry but if a woman doesnt stand up for herself, i have much less reason to respect her.

and what if the girl has a PhD and the guy has a masters..does she get the dowry?
that means...she can't cook...can't take care of the house...more stress on the hubby...i say she has to pay double the dowry. :tounge_smile:

that means...she can't cook...can't take care of the house...more stress on the hubby...i say she has to pay double the dowry. :tounge_smile:
what if she CAN cook. houses take care of themselves :p but really most girls i know wud get good bhaav :giggle:

Or..how about hubby cooks or if hubby isnt a moocher, they hire a cook since one PhD+ one professional = lots and lots of bling in the house. :hysterical:

Or..how about hubby cooks or if hubby isnt a moocher, they hire a cook since one PhD+ one professional = lots and lots of bling in the house. :hysterical:
true of many families here in the SF bay area. they have a live in nanny to take care of the kids. as long the nanny isn't hot, problem solved for Dr. Gal.

Another photo! She carrying a baseball bat? Traitor! What was wrong with a cricket bat? :haha: _42467836_dowry_body_ap.jpg
I dunno why.. i just doubled up in laughter when i saw this foto. !! :hysterical::hysterical:

what about you? are you going to follow the suit? :hysterical:

Guest dada_rocks
actually you left a really important point. 3) If the guy has even an iota of dignity and self-respect. You a Phd DR ? damn , you just missed half a million dollars !!!:haha:
See wheer girls can get benefits of thsi market they are latching on to it too.. as i said is in the case of bihar's newly appointed primary school teachers one of my sister lives in ssundarnagar himanchal she claims in himanchal girls get dowry.. ....... nobody hates free money... why do u think people buy lottery tickets... more often than not good for nothing rich gal's father are more than happy to compensate her worthlessness by throwing dowry.......... just think about it u are getting married anyway who gives a damn this girl or that girl if they have same kind of education and upbringing.... and someone is throwing money along with her daugher why wud u say no to it unless u are really really hard nut .. I started getting marriage offer when I was still in under-grad ...some of the offer used to be girl wihtout brother ( I am sure u know what that means) of some landlod with land holdings in range of 500+ acres ( god knows how these guys evade hand of law because u can't have more than 40 acre land holding even if u show u and ur wife are separated).. I have seen one of these guys being talked to by my father in not so pleasing terms.. He came early in the morning babujee said no, excuse was boy is too young not yet ready for marriage ..babujee left for school but landlord kept himself parked till evening and assembled all the socalled heavey-weights from villages nearby .. my father has had it he just gave that landlord mouthful.. i felt bad for that poor guy .. ...... He is again pestering my father for his younger daughter..:hysterical: Answering other question, yes I am..