Can Spurs win the league?

King Tendulkar

Not found wanting but i thought City deserved to win.
there was not much between the sides football-wise.. Silva was the one who was orchestrating the whole thing and he proved to be the difference. 'arry and Levy should try to aquire Samba/Vertonghen, Forrester from Celtic and a big strong target-man upfront...right now we seem to be relying heavily on Ledley,Lennon and Adebayor respectively in those positions..too many single points of failure for a team if it is truly gunning for the No.1 spot.

Actually despite the brilliant performance in the league, Its 5-1 defeat by the City hands was root cause of disbelief in Spurs fairy tale run. Also now they have a run difficult fixtures for over a month They have lost all three points last sunday. How many are they going to drop in next 4-5 games is the question?

Did you even watch the game? They were barely found wanting. Oh and a weakened City is still a pretty damn good side.
City was clearly the better team while missing two of their more influential players in Kompany and Yaya. If it wasnt for Savic's amateur defending Spurs would have lost by a bigger margin. I said found wanting because this city team at the moment is not very good. Their record over the past couple of weeks is frankly pathetic. They lost to a very avg Liverpool at home in the CC and barely beat bottomfeeders Wigan. I fully expected spurs to win convincingly but they looked second best throughout. Yes they had some good counterattacks but for a team of their caliber to even play on the counter against a weakened city team is underwhelming.

City was clearly the better team while missing two of their more influential players in Kompany and Yaya. If it wasnt for Savic's amateur defending Spurs would have lost by a bigger margin. I said found wanting because this city team at the moment is not very good. Their record over the past couple of weeks is frankly pathetic. They lost to a very avg Liverpool at home in the CC and barely beat bottomfeeders Wigan. I fully expected spurs to win convincingly but they looked second best throughout. Yes they had some good counterattacks but for a team of their caliber to even play on the counter against a weakened city team is underwhelming.
Expected Spurs to win convincingly? I think you are expecting a little too much there.. City's record in the past few weeks hasn't been that bad.. No team is going to smash teams every week, the sign of champions is scraping out results when they aren't at their best..

Expected Spurs to win convincingly? I think you are expecting a little too much there.. City's record in the past few weeks hasn't been that bad.. No team is going to smash teams every week' date=' the sign of champions is scraping out results when they aren't at their best..[/quote'] in the past few weeks city have tied west brom, lost to sunderland, united and liverpool and barely beaten the worst team in the league in wigan. And again tied liverpool today getting bounced out of the CC. They are not scraping out results, they are dropping valuable points which allowed spurs and united to even get close. I expected Tottenham to win but obviously I was expecting too much.

now 5 points behind joint leaders City and Utd The Jan window was a little underwhelming..we got Saha and Ryan Nelsen ?? while it would have been more comforting to have Zaha and Samba We've played safe in this window and looks like have decided to play a waiting game in the transfer market - come summer, to attract the better quality players with the lure of CL Atleast all the deadweights seem to be gone or on the way out - Pavylu , Corluka and Pienaar

ManUtd now coming within our sights... ManUtd 3-0 down to Chelsea after 60' ... We have a huge Liverpool challenge coming up.... getting 3 points is imperative if winning the league is indeed what we are aiming for..
Not anymore. 3rd place would be a great achievement.

Not anymore. 3rd place would be a great achievement.
Howard Webb had other ideas.. But still was a good resut for us..both the teams are a threat for us - them both sharing a point isn't all that bad. Now all depends on tomorrow's Liverpool result.. if we lose it, might as well give up - the gap becomes too big. A win would leave us still in the running.