Irfan Pathan back to swinging days

King

Could someone do such a feature on Munaf too? Should Pathan be reacalled to England? Or should we leave him with his efforts to get back to his best?
who is "someone", behn? why dont u take a stab at it? apun hai na, peecche. go for it.
who is "someone", behn? why dont u take a stab at it? apun hai na, peecche. go for it.
No Bhai. Its not possible for me to go and interview Munaf and others at MRF PA which is at Chennai. Had he been in Delhi, I could have tried!!:wink_smile:
thanks, vroom, for the link. yeah, it was really sad when Zaks and other seniors baited irfu with "sir Gary" BS. this is true. sriram, pls start the discussion.
Which discussion Rahul ? About the veracity of the article or the Irfan being recalled for the English tour ?

^^

Actually Ravi , I dont doubt if any of these actually happened or not. If it is true , it will make a great topic for discussion. Just that something so revealing as this comes in the media is what makes me suspicious. Anyways , lets allow this to pass. Maybe i am making a mountain out of a mole-hill !
go ahead. and make the cogent OP. rest will follow.

I was actually referring to how revealing the article looked Rahul. It had even day-to-day occurings and comments by players ( Including Irfan , Lillee and Sekhar) which i dont think they would so publicly give otherwise. Even in the worst of controversies , i have not seen so many details being divulged. Now , why would this article appear now , when there not a LOT of hype over Irfan ? Besides, if the details furnished in the article were indeed true, it would have caused quite a furore among media/cricketing circles. It hasnt. And i had mentioned earlier , the writing looks more a like a portion taken out of an auto-biography to me , not a news article.

^^ it is true. and getting published has nothing to do with truth--only with yr equation with the editor. the details published may or may not be true, but i know that Zaks called Irfu "sir gary." rest of the quotes seem fairly plausible, IMHO. -R

Ok , Rahul. I finally got what you are saying. At first glance , I was taken aback by the claims of Irfan being bullied by some of the seniors. I had heard similar things about Sreesanth too. This should be investigated and senior players held to task. Besides , Irfan has already been in the team for nearly 3 years now. He himself held a senior position. How can be bullied ? Ian Frazer's role in the team has never been clear. Some say he is the assistant coach , while others say he is bio-mechanics expert. What was he really doing with the Indian team ? Did he justify his position and pay ? Or he was merely a political appointee doing the whims of the coach ? It has been said that Irfan had complained as early as april 2006 that something had gone wrong with his action. What was done to correct it , by the team management ? And was there explicit ego clashes between the Indian coaching staff and MRF pace academy guys ? The article says chappell wanted to formalise the relationship between the academy and the BCCI. It seems as though he has done more harm than good on this regard. Rahul's comment about Irfan seemed to suggest as though he had already made up his mind that Irfan wouldnt be playing any of the matches in the world cup. Then why was he selected at all ? Also , something evidently fishy is that , Irfan claims that he didnt go to the MRF pace academy for fear that it might seem as though he is seeking outside help, but found it reasonable to get advice from Croft , Bishop , Morrison etc ? Things dont add up here. So many question. So little answers !

^^ Zaks called SS many names also when he rushed to the boundary line to give Zaks water... ian frazer has nothing to do really with this. he is a bot. (he actually is a very accomplished bio-mech expert, who has set right a lot of folks. which is why i said that the article is just that--half-baked.) to answer yr queries: irfan is not a senior (despite the 3-odd yrs). irfan never complained to "team management." (contrary to what folks believe, team management is RSD, SRT and AK). what irfan did was talk to the coach (GC) who didnt get what IKP was going thru. BCCI killed GC idea to rope in MRF PA to help pacers in general and irfu in particular. mind u, this is the same BCCI who asked ESPN-CI, "who the hell is Ford?? next thing, you will ask me about Toyota and Honda."

^^ Zaks called SS many names also when he rushed to the boundary line to give Zaks water... ian frazer has nothing to do really with this. he is a bot. (he actually is a very accomplished bio-mech expert, who has set right a lot of folks. which is why i said that the article is just that--half-baked.) to answer yr queries: irfan is not a senior (despite the 3-odd yrs). irfan never complained to "team management." (contrary to what folks believe, team management is RSD, SRT and AK). what irfan did was talk to the coach (GC) who didnt get what IKP was going thru. BCCI killed GC idea to rope in MRF PA to help pacers in general and irfu in particular. mind u, this is the same BCCI who asked ESPN-CI, "who the hell is Ford?? next thing, you will ask me about Toyota and Honda."
First question, Where did you get all this info Rahul ?