Gautam Gambhir seems to be a shadow of his previous self..

A guy like Yuvraj will get a second look because he can contribute so much more than just batting. For instance look at the WC semifinals with Pak. He went out for a duck...then took two huge wickets. Someone like Gambhir can never do that. If he fizzles with the bat hell be invisible from a bowling and fielding perspective.

He seems to have lost his confidence more than anything technical!!! Looks unsure about himself and very circumspect. Hopefully the slow and medium bowlers of RR will be right up his alley in the next match.
Being an RR fan, I really don't mind him scoring runs against us. Just needs to have some confidence and runs behind him.

I always believed that its better to hone more than one skills to be successful. Ghambir should have honed his skills not just in batting but FIELDING or BOWLING. Look at Jadeja, he used to suck balls in every department except fielding. Then his bowling came together and now days, his batting isn't as horrible as before. Since he carried those 3 skills, more often than not, the team was able to utilize him better even if he failed in one of the department. Ghambir has nothing beside his batting.

I've said this since the world cup where thankfully he came good in the final. Gambhir is hugely one dimensional. Look at Kohli our new #3. He's one of the best fielders and can even chip in with 3-4 medium pace overs if need be. Only thing Gambhir brings is batting which he rarely succeeds on. India has gotta look at versatile players like Kohli/Jadeja moving forward. Look at it this way. What if you know ahead of time Rohit and Gambhir will score the exact same amount of runs....say 25 runs batting #3. Who would you rather have? Rohit who is an excellent fielder and can contribute some spin or Gambhir who only provided those 25 runs?