Is Peyton Manning the alltime MVP of NFL?

surajmal

Colts were expected to be at the top of AFC with a fully healthy team this year. But without Peyton, they are 0-11 and could likely finish 0-16. I think this season should atleast end the Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning debates. And Yes, IMHO, Peyton is atleast the best QB of alltime. Best player would probably be Rice or Brown.Since QB is the most important position, Peyton is the alltime MVP. Also, Bill Polian is a terrible team builder. Colts got lucky with Peyton Manning 14 yrs ago and since then they have had serious deficiencies on defense. They have had a terrible running game since E James left and their O-line has been terrible the last little while as well. Colts need a complete overhaul this offseason. Start by drafting Luck and trading peyton for couple of draft picks. Sh!t that team sooo fvcked.

I think Peyton Manning is good. But I dont think you can compare Tom brady and Peyton based on this season. I would like to see how this colts team would do under bill bellichick. You cannot compare QBs based on lack of coaching and team building on a teams part. Here are the stats to show the difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning when it matters. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/521357-10-reasons-why-tom-brady-is-better-than-payton-manning

I think Peyton Manning is good. But I dont think you can compare Tom brady and Peyton based on this season. I would like to see how this colts team would do under bill bellichick. You cannot compare QBs based on lack of coaching and team building on a teams part. Here are the stats to show the difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning when it matters. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/521357-10-reasons-why-tom-brady-is-better-than-payton-manning
why the hell not? his team (a perennial 12 winner) is going to be -12 without him. No other player in history of sports has had such a large impact like manning. Only haters would disagree.

the colts' 0-12 record is an indicator of how poor the team's planning was. they pinned all their hopes on manning, built the the team around him and once he had to miss some time, they had no contingency plan. this says more about the colts' lack of foresight than it does about manning, who is undoubtedly a fine QB but the absence of a QB wouldn't have such a huge impact on a properly managed team. look at the pats in 2008. lost brady for the season, still went 11-5 with a scrub QB like matt cassell. the organisation was well managed off the field and they were strong on both sides of the ball on the field. good coaching makes a difference, and belichick is clearly in another galaxy when compared to caldwell, who is just a stooge. anyway, this stuff about all time MVPs is too subjective a discussion. you could make a good case for anyone who was had a successful run of 10+ years with a few rings to show for it. i personally think aaron rodgers is the best qb ever. jumping on the bandwagon a bit early here, but he plays better than any qb i have ever seen.

why the hell not? his team (a perennial 12 winner) is going to be -12 without him. No other player in history of sports has had such a large impact like manning. Only haters would disagree.
Mannings team losing without him shows his value to his team. It does not show that he is better than Brady. He might be the MVP for his team. But not for the league.

Polian lucked out on Manning and Andrew luck will not be as good as manning.the colts are deliberately tanking the season by playing a idiot QB instead of going out and getting a veteran to make sure they get Luck' date='its really disgraceful and against the spirit of sports.[/quote'] what if luck doesnt wanna play for the colts? we might get a situation similar to the one in 2004 when eli manning and rivers went in opposite directions. i think luck will go to miami. they havent had a franchise QB in a long time and they are a fashionable team with a great history. luck wil be the main man there from the start.

what if luck doesnt wanna play for the colts? we might get a situation similar to the one in 2004 when eli manning and rivers went in opposite directions. i think luck will go to miami. they havent had a franchise QB in a long time and they are a fashionable team with a great history. luck wil be the main man there from the start.
Dude, that was because Eli is snobby and his dad (Archie) advised him against it. It was one of the rare events when a player refused to play for a franchise that was willing to pick him in the draft. I think Luck will go to Indy and will be groomed like Rogers was groomed behind the gunslinger.

Mannings team losing without him shows his value to his team. It does not show that he is better than Brady. He might be the MVP for his team. But not for the league.
+1 to that. However, Manning gets a lot of praise for re-introducing "no-huddle" offense. I love Manning (who I always compare to SRT - only 1 Superbowl but extreme talent) but Brady has 3 rings! The buck stops there.

i am sick of hearing about brady and his 3 rings. the guy hasnt won anything in ages, he has played awful this year and ppl are still talking about him like he is the best QB in the league. i dont think he is good enuff to hold rodgers' jock strap.

Dude, that was because Eli is snobby and his dad (Archie) advised him against it. It was one of the rare events when a player refused to play for a franchise that was willing to pick him in the draft. I think Luck will go to Indy and will be groomed like Rogers was groomed behind the gunslinger.
i seriously doubt that luck will go to a team to sit on the bench.

guys, i have a fantasy football related question that needs answering. its driving me insane. should i bench calvin johnson for one AJ green or harvin? i am really tempted. all 3 have great matchups and calvin is more of a decoy nowadays.
Sorry for being late. I would have kept Calvin Johnson knowing he is facing the raiders secondary. Also, raiders have a nose for commiting penalties and extending drives.