Android vs IOS

EnterTheVoid

People are still gonna buy it: and other expensive imported items when there are cheaper alternatives available :facepalm: contributing to further depreciation of the rupee. But who am to tell them' date=' its their money afterall :(([/quote'] Cheaper alternatives like ? Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Indian cos like Xolo' date=' micromax, karbonn, intex and cheaper phones of nokia, samsung etc.[/quote'] First thing first...they are not Indian they are Chinese 2nd they are not alternatives and are inferior technology wise and I'm not talking about brands here but actual technology ...so yeah maybe for some people they are good enough but to me they are not really alternatives just cheaper products for different market Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

First thing first...they are not Indian they are Chinese 2nd they are not alternatives and are inferior technology wise and I'm not talking about brands here but actual technology ...so yeah maybe for some people they are good enough but to me they are not really alternatives just cheaper products for different market Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Yes, I know they buy chinese phones in bulk and rebrand and sell them. But atleast they are cheaper and the bulk buy to resale margins go to indian cos, iphone and other phones are made mostly in china only. I have used friends' galaxy s3 and nokia lumia phones and own a xolo phone currently for 9500/- with quad core processor ,very good display, good battery and 1gb ram, it meets all my needs and I don't feel I am losing out on something by not buying more expensive phone.(I am notinterested in gaming) This is my personal experience. There are many people who feel the same I am sure.

Yes, I know they buy chinese phones in bulk and rebrand and sell them. But atleast they are cheaper and the bulk buy to resale margins go to indian cos, iphone and other phones are made mostly in china only. I have used friends' galaxy s3 and nokia lumia phones and own a xolo phone currently for 9500/- with quad core processor ,very good display, good battery and 1gb ram, it meets all my needs and I don't feel I am losing out on something by not buying more expensive phone.(I am notinterested in gaming) This is my personal experience. There are many people who feel the same I am sure.
quadcore is a gimmick when they use a 7 cores it does not even compare to current gen dual core processor im not saying there is not market for those phones ..i know many people who are perfectly hapy with them but they dont do job what these expensive ones do so i dont really consider them cheaper replacement.. im not even talking about stuff like camera,display,call quality etc and not to forget updates... i think branded phone with similar specs will be 5-6 k more expensive so yeah if u compare a 20 k phone with 15k (indian one ) and can get decent warranty time and have service centre in ur city then i will call it decent alternative but these flagships are much much better nad have different market .. btw buying them in bulk form china might hurt us more as not we are not even developing our phones..competing with flagships was never going to happen but china is even taking lower sector ..

quadcore is a gimmick when they use a 7 cores it does not even compare to current gen dual core processor
Are you sure about this for every phone for 10k price which says quad-core?
im not saying there is not market for those phones ..i know many people who are perfectly hapy with them but they dont do job what these expensive ones do so i dont really consider them cheaper replacement.. im not even talking about stuff like camera,display,call quality etc and not to forget updates...
I am saying in my opinion that it will do the job for most people i.e. fast phone(open as many apps and runs fine), with good display, light weight and battery, 3G, wifi. Talking about this phone btw. An year and a half earlier, I bought micromax funbook pro tablet, now that thing is cr@p I can say - weight-wise, speed-wise, battery, display-wise etc...
btw buying them in bulk form china might hurt us more as not we are not even developing our phones..competing with flagships was never going to happen but china is even taking lower sector ..
Till the time people can't afford or dont choose to buy expensive flagship phones, they should rightly go for these phones assuming that they offer quality.

Are you sure about this for every phone for 10k price which says quad-core? I am saying in my opinion that it will do the job for most people i.e. fast phone(open as many apps and runs fine), with good display, light weight and battery, 3G, wifi. Talking about this phone btw. An year and a half earlier, I bought micromax funbook pro tablet, now that thing is cr@p I can say - weight-wise, speed-wise, battery, display-wise etc... Till the time people can't afford or dont choose to buy expensive flagship phones, they should rightly go for these phones assuming that they offer quality.
yes i can tell u for sure all those quad core chips are same..most of the use mediatek its not bad chip but people think they can match quadcore of more expensive phones which is just not true .. about that phone like i said different people have different uses..this phone is perfect for many they can buy it but those who buy these 40k phones have different expectations and honestly these phones dont even come close ..i would argue price of 40k phones should be 30 k which would be fair but still big difference

yes i can tell u for sure all those quad core chips are same..most of the use mediatek its not bad chip but people think they can match quadcore of more expensive phones which is just not true ..
But they are genuine quad-cores, right? and so its not a gimmick.
about that phone like i said different people have different uses..this phone is perfect for many they can buy it but those who buy these 40k phones have different expectations and honestly these phones dont even come close ..i would argue price of 40k phones should be 30 k which would be fair but still big difference
I respectfully disagree, I mean there would be some differences for sure but today's 10k phones will work for vast majority of people who expect quality and features. The differences (in features and quality) is not nearly worth the difference in prices for most people (even for ones who can afford) imho.

But they are genuine quad-cores, right? and so its not a gimmick. I respectfully disagree, I mean there would be some differences for sure but today's 10k phones will work for vast majority of people who expect quality and features. The differences (in features and quality) is not nearly worth the difference in prices for most people (even for ones who can afford) imho.
its a gimmick because quad core does not mean better if all the cores are under powered :winky: those quadcore still dont come close to last year's galaxy s3 and this year processing power has increased so much .. there are tons of differences and im not going to go into detail but even things like call quality have big difference and every app u use day to day have problems like my cousin has canvas hd and most apps dont see front camera so u cant use it (even google hang outs have problem ) then since u dont play games u wont know that each game is over 1-2gb now a days and internal memory on most of these phones is very less .. if u keep adding up stuff u will see the difference..heck screen alone makes hell of a difference..what u can call good quality screen would be ranked as awful when compared to flag ships ..for example nexus 4 has good screen but cos of being high end people hate its screen cos of dull colors ..they dont even come close and clearly there are plenty of peole who notice this difference and that i why expensive devices like iphone,galaxy s4,note etc are selling..no one is dumb to not see difference in price..

^ A major reason that they sell is because of marketing of bigger brands and people's hesitance in buying lesser known brands. Call quality is quite good and loud. No app that I use gives me any problem. I use browser, youtube, adobe reader, maybe a couple more. Open 10+ apps, it still runs fine. I am not interested in game apps so can only recommend to those who do not play games. Like I said, the differences aren't nearly worthy of the difference in price for most and so, you will see the market share for samsung's high end phones, apple etc going down in India and going up in case of Indian cos.

^ A major reason that they sell is because of marketing of bigger brands and people's hesitance in buying lesser known brands. Call quality is quite good and loud. No app that I use gives me any problem. I use browser, youtube, adobe reader, maybe a couple more. Open 10+ apps, it still runs fine. I am not interested in game apps so can only recommend to those who do not play games. Like I said, the differences aren't nearly worthy of the difference in price for most and so, you will see the market share for samsung's high end phones, apple etc going down in India and going up in case of Indian cos.
Lol even without any app there is lag And just bcos u don't notice it does not mean there is no difference ..I can see difference after using for 2 mins ..whole package is compromise and everything adds up to cost On top of my head... Bad screens,camera,soc's,last generation ram ,lack of internal memory ,no dev support ,no software updates ,bad optimisation of software (they break many rules while implementing kernel ) ..all these things add up in cost and this is not done bull **** I'm saying there is difference in quality and so in price .. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

But they are genuine quad-cores' date= right? and so its not a gimmick. I respectfully disagree, I mean there would be some differences for sure but today's 10k phones will work for vast majority of people who expect quality and features. The differences (in features and quality) is not nearly worth the difference in prices for most people (even for ones who can afford) imho.
It's less about the number of cores and more about the architecture. The chipsets in these cheap quad core phones mostly follow Cortex A5 architecture. A dual core phone with a better architecture, say Cortex A9, could actually beat the former in performance.

It's less about the number of cores and more about the architecture. The chipsets in these cheap quad core phones mostly follow Cortex A5 architecture. A dual core phone with a better architecture' date=' say Cortex A9, could actually beat the former in performance.[/quote'] Most have a7 I think ..yes dual a9 can beat them ..Qualcomm has krait architecture based on a15 I think not sure ...dual core snapdragon pro easily beats these quadcores Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

^There is lag without even any app and I am not noticing coz I am so naive:cantstop: [Maybe your phone is so fast that it does the operation without even an input:winky: But seriously, - there is actually no lag in this 10k phone and the display is also fine.
Don't get me wrong, such phones are VFM, one has to agree. Far better than the crap the likes of Samsung dishes out in the sub 10k segment. It's just that people get hoodwinked into believing that they can match the high end phones.

a friend is looking for the best Android phone under Rs 10000 and he doesn't care for brands (so anything - be it Samsung or Sony or LG or some Indian brands like Micromax, Lava, Karbonn, Xolo etc will do) as long as the phone has good performance and he has to buy it in a day or two. Suggest some phones plz :nice:

a friend is looking for the best Android phone under Rs 10000 and he doesn't care for brands (so anything - be it Samsung or Sony or LG or some Indian brands like Micromax' date=' Lava, Karbonn, Xolo etc will do) as long as the phone has good performance and he has to buy it in a day or two. Suggest some phones plz :nice:[/quote'] Xolo Q800. Read its reviews and compare its features. Its the best phone in this range IMO.