Indians in english county cricket

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/302036.html VVS Laxman is likely to be playing for Lancashire this season as an overseas player. Lancashire has already written to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), asking for their consent to sign up Laxman, once the England-India Test series gets over in August. Currently, Sanath Jayasuriya and Brad Hodge are the overseas players in the Lancashire team, but next week, Jayasuriya is slated to return home and he will be replaced by Muttiah Muralitharan. But they might not be available for Lancashire for the whole season as the twenty20 World Championship is taking place in South Africa in September and both Hodge and Murali would be going back home to attend the training camps with their respective teams. "Our cricket manager Mike Watkinson is looking at all the options. Laxman is one of them. We wanted to check his availability and whether the BCCI can release him. We will know about Murali next week," said Jim Cumbes, the Lancashire CEO, told Times of India. The BCCI has also given its nod for Laxaman to play for Lancashire."We would have no problem to allow him, but the procedure has to be followed. Normally we allow players to go to county cricket. But in this case the county came to us before the player. So I have told Lancashire that Laxman needs to contact us first," said Niranjan Shah, the Board secretary. Sourav Ganguly has also played for Lancashire in the past.
Not sure' date=' if it helps them at all except make some quick bucks (rather quids) when not in the team or in off-season.[/quote'] yeah i guess youre right. exploits in the english county did get mongia a recall and i thought he was getting into the groove just when he was dropped. well atleast they wont be starving... and guys like murli kartik are such a delight to watch that if they were to some day take the field in some other country's colors i would still love to watch them.