'Bhagvad Gita' faces 'extremist' branding, legal ban in Russia

Sachin=GOD

Hear, hear Laloo, completely agree with you. If any of the usual idiots actually bothered to read the Gita, actually sit down and properly digest AC Bbaktivedanta's Sanskrit translations, this would only re-enforce their faith in the sacred text. Idiots that bark retaliatory violence are spewing a load of nonsense.

Who gives a damn when someone disrespects? This should only make your belief in the thoughts of the geeta stronger. Tell me this, how often do you read the Geeta? How often do you try to implement the thoughts in your life? And It's not a religion. Or at least it's not meant to be. And what do you mean how much Geeta means to Hindus? It doesn't matter at all. How many "Hindus" today actually try to implement the thoughts as mentioned in the Geeta. Reading is one thing, and applying is one thing.
Lalloo.. U have a good point that I shouldn't care wen someone disrespects my religion. But I guess I m not kinda person who finds it ok and i wish I cud be like u about ignoring others Yes I might not be reading Gita everyday but that doesnt make me a less Hindu. I don't wanna tell details of my religious life but m sick of 'young generation' Athiest Indians who think its cool to disrespect a religion. I actually have lots to say about this issue cuz of my personal experience but I will keep quiet on it. I just have a request to other Athiests that if u want to criticize or argue about Hinduism or any religion then do it but please don't use abusive or disrespectful words.

LOL. it seems i have offended all the sant-mahatma-babas on this thread. i'm sorry guys, but i find it very difficult to believe in any of the mythological bullshit that characterises the gita, the mahabharat or any other hindu book. i look at these things quite literally and find them to be a very weak, overblown work of fiction that has been constituted in a world that doesn't remotely resemble modern day civilization. not everybody will interpret your beloved book the same way you do, and if the russians choose to ban it, i really dont see why it should bother you. if you are so secure in your beliefs, you have no reason to care about what others think - be happy in the knowledge that you know better, and that its their loss. dont act like a bunch of crazed fanatics. i know none of you would complain when the mullahs take to the streets and threaten to kill ppl like salman rushdie. btw, i dunno about u but i am quite amused at how the corrupt scumbags in parliament are making an issue out of this. i think they would have more serious things to worry about then the banning of some book in a foreign country.

For ex - while I may say Bhagavd Gita is a great book I'll also say "Bhagavd Gita As It Is" by Bhaktivedenata Prabhupada deserves criticism coz of the author's purports where he sez women are lesser than men in some purport to some verse.
I recently read chanakya neeti(english translation by indian author), and chanakya writes about women in an awful light, which is some good evidence that women in that age in 'bharat' were considered inferior, as opposed to what we're taught that women of ancient hindu india were liberated and all that jazz.. whats your opinion on that? two sources can't be wrong about impression of women in ancient india?

Why this Kolaveri :) ( I am using this first time.).. as I said before, and laloo below. if you understood Gita properly, you should not be bothered about what others say.. otherwise you are no different from Quran/Bible wielding fanatics, who don't understand their books.
Dude again I agree that I should be ignoring him but I do think that it was wrong from his side to make that remark n he needs to know about it.

Hear, hear Laloo, completely agree with you. If any of the usual idiots actually bothered to read the Gita, actually sit down and properly digest AC Bbaktivedanta's Sanskrit translations, this would only re-enforce their faith in the sacred text. Idiots that bark retaliatory violence are spewing a load of nonsense.
If telling him that he wud get beaten by chappals from his granny means 'barking violence' to u, then buddy wait till u make a Canada trip, it will be a mayhem.

At the outset let me make it very clear to you that I am not a Hindu or for that matter do I believe in any religion. I key the word "None" even in sarkari forms on the field for Religion. Now given this background I want to correct some misinformation/misgivings you seem to have about India's history...

i'm sorry guys' date=' but i find it very difficult to believe in any of the mythological bullshit that characterises the gita, the mahabharat or any other hindu book.[/quote']Sorry to break your bubble but they are not mythology. The Mahabharata and Ramayana are called "Itihasa" i.e. recent history. The mythology comes in the Puranas and that too all of it is not mythology...some of it is.

Remember, at least 4 individuals including me have asked you specifically to justify why you call it a crappy book. And the people who have asked you have not abused you or got emotional like Rahulrezz. We genuinely want to understand your criticism. If you cannot provide justification then you must accept you were misinformed.
Manny asks, Which Gita are you talking about? The one that comes in Sita aur Gita? :P

I recently read chanakya neeti(english translation by indian author)' date=' and chanakya writes about women in an awful light, which is some good evidence that women in that age in 'bharat' were considered inferior, as opposed to what we're taught that women of ancient hindu india were liberated and all that jazz.. whats your opinion on that? two sources can't be wrong about impression of women in ancient india?[/quote']Just that? I didn't find the Arthashastra a great book at all. In fact I was appalled at how Chanakya mentions about caste system and what work shudras should do, etc. Like I mentioned in a post before it was between 3000 BC - 1000 BC when the Brahminism became the main form of Hinduism. Chankaya was around 1400-1500 BC and India was truly in a dark age at around that time with Brahminism ruling the roost. It is because of Brahminism and the 4 century drought that people started losing faith in religion and Buddhism started taking roots. I think women in India were pretty much ruling the roost before what is termed the modern age of India...3100 BC or before kali yuga. Kali Yuga is the era in civilizational evolution where human society dips to new lows so it is no surprise that books like Arthahastra while definitely great works they also reflect their times. T,S,P,C - during that time the society was such that women were no different from 19th - 20th century house wives. There was the occasional great woman but generally they were considered the lesser species just like we continue to do today.

i'm sorry mr. vinay, i find it very difficult to see things from your point of view. in fact, i'm laughing while i type this because it just sounds so obscene and outlandish to me. and i have read some prety outlandish stuff from you, re. cosmic energies, inertia and all kinds of weird **** in the 'nerd talk' forum. mahabharat is not fictional mythology, but recent history. you seriously expect me to believe that all these events werent a figment of someone's imagination, and that they occured in a specific time period in history? LOL. saying that dravid decimated a bowling atack is journalistic embellishment, they are at liberty to write eye catching headlines to sell more papers. are you suggesting that the guy who wrote this book was just embellishing. anyway, as i said earlier - ppl interpret it in different ways. doesnt mean anything. you can call it metaphorical and read between the lines, but others could take it literally and find a different meaning to it - which is why ppl in another country choose to ban it. my comments were in reference to the ridiculous reactions taking place on this forum (from the usual suspects) after the news was released. the real killer at the end here is claiming that scientific 'proofs' exist for proving that the events of the mahabharat actually occurred. this is truly laughable. go find me a talking monkey.

i'm sorry mr. vinay, i find it very difficult to see things from your point of view. in fact, i'm laughing while i type this because it just sounds so obscene and outlandish to me. and i have read some prety outlandish stuff from you, re. cosmic energies, inertia and all kinds of weird **** in the 'nerd talk' forum. mahabharat is not fictional mythology, but recent history. you seriously expect me to believe that all these events werent a figment of someone's imagination, and that they occured in a specific time period in history? LOL. saying that dravid decimated a bowling atack is journalistic embellishment, they are at liberty to write eye catching headlines to sell more papers. are you suggesting that the guy who wrote this book was just embellishing. anyway, as i said earlier - ppl interpret it in different ways. doesnt mean anything. you can call it metaphorical and read between the lines, but others could take it literally and find a different meaning to it - which is why ppl in another country choose to ban it. my comments were in reference to the ridiculous reactions taking place on this forum (from the usual suspects) after the news was released. the real killer at the end here is claiming that scientific 'proofs' exist for proving that the events of the mahabharat actually occurred. this is truly laughable. go find me a talking monkey.
Well Manny you are welcome to believe whatever it is that you believe but how do you account for the evidence? Physical evidence of the war taking place...full with carbon dated skeletons in kurukshetra near delhi, high radiation levels in and around kurukshetra, radiation induced genetic illnesses still found in people living around kurukshetra. Now those were about the war. How about the evidences of Dwarka's discovery under the ocean and again carbon dated (corals can be carbon dated u see) to around the time when the city went down in the ocean? Oh they also found the exact same emblems used by Dwarka citizens as mentioned in the books. How about the discovery of temples built around Indraprastha (delhi) by the pandavas? You cannot disregard scientific evidences, can you? And most of these evidences have come thru modern scientific equipment in the 90s and 2000s. I'll just put it down to your lack awareness. Playing the person (as you have attempted to) is the first logical fallacy that students are taught when they attend a course on logic. Play the subject not the person....my views on other topics should not concern this discussion. Those are their own discussions. Again I ask you, what is so crappy about the Gita?

Here you go, the monkey-people of Andaman (HANdUMAN). :--D pla08-1.jpg

Well Manny you are welcome to believe whatever it is that you believe but how do you account for the evidence? Physical evidence of the war taking place...full with carbon dated skeletons in kurukshetra near delhi' date= high radiation levels in and around kurukshetra, radiation induced genetic illnesses still found in people living around kurukshetra. Now those were about the war. How about the evidences of Dwarka's discovery under the ocean and again carbon dated (corals can be carbon dated u see) to around the time when the city went down in the ocean? Oh they also found the exact same emblems used by Dwarka citizens as mentioned in the books. How about the discovery of temples built around Indraprastha (delhi) by the pandavas?
wow. i think i am done with this thread, mr. vinay. i can't argue with stuff like that. feel free to enlighten the others of how high radiation levels in kurukshetra serve as evidence of the mahabharat taking place.

wow. i think i am done with this thread, mr. vinay. i can't argue with stuff like that. feel free to enlighten the others of how high radiation levels in kurukshetra serve as evidence of the mahabharat taking place.
The name's Vijay. The radiation levels are wrt it being a war waged with many "astras" or weapons that caused huge explosions...and captured in the mahabharata as explosions that tore the skin out of people, fried them alive, etc. But that is beside the point. Why are you evading the question asked of you? Again, why is the Gita a crappy book?