A list of some utterly Asinine and Hideous statements made by the Bradman Fanatics

Guest BossBhai

So according to your new definition of H2H stats ... its not necessary to know how many runs he scored against each of these bowlers ? :laugh: #25 comming up on OP :laugh:
Why don't you add the dumb H2h analysis you did a while back, along with asking for h2h when two bowlers are picked when you can (to an extent) also see the effect by looking at with and without them, along with career, vs a team .... Are you implying that a bowling attack with McGrath-warne is the same as without them. Having them also ups the confidence level of not only other bowlers but also the team Your argument above is for the sake of one. That not smart .... Ppl who know their cric know what it means. If you dont you shoulnt be here :winky:
Ya after 22 yrs we still need evidence ... :laugh: ... do you really think it would make a difference if he succeeds ? classic case of heads you win tails you win ...
Actually,yes. If you are the best of all time, you need to come thru when it counts, most (if not all) the time. ATGs have a different and yes-unfair- standard. Besides, why are you chickening out with a defeatist statement so early. If you are a true fan, at least grind out along with the guy who is doing the work at the crease. (Dravid out. Ind at 58/3. SRT looking fine)

How many balls he faced from each of those bowlers and the no.of runs he scored ? Really ? Is it as simple ? He generally meeks out against the top fast bowlers and tries to accumulate against the lesser bowlers - apart from the 3 odd years in the 90's . Then in his attempt to make runs of the lesser bowlers he takes undue risk. Don't put mouth in my words, I never called SRT a minnow basher. As a Test batter, Lara for his ability to dominate great attacks and score big and fast and FINISH a game. Thank you for the welcome, but do not appreciate your holier than thou statement. " If you don't agree with me, you are a troll " Sorry to say, you have been least civil on this thread with random caustic remarks and demeaning pictures.

So why don't you tell me how many balls he faced from each of those bowlers and the no.of runs he scored ? And BTW this link is telling me something else i wonder why :hmmm: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;player_involve=1765;player_involve=1775;player_involve=1884;player_involve=1935;player_involve=19627;player_involve=2011;player_involve=2101;player_involve=2228;player_involve=47154;player_involve=5649;template=results;type=batting So if SRT is such a minnow basher who is the best Batsman in the last 20 odd yrs according to you ? BCL ? Ponting ? RD ? BTW welcome to the phorum .... lets see how long the facade of "lets talk decently" lasts. If my experience is anything to go by you will pretty quickly follow in the footsteps of the resident trolls here.

Patiala. BB is making noise just like the picture he is so fond of. In reality, he isn't a true fan. Here, SRT is battling out in the 4th inning of a test match, while the barker has allready come up with a defeatist cry. A true fan would say, "Watch. This an alll time great. He is going to pull this out for us." India 68/3...

Alright. The Great Man will not rescue us today (out for 32, but with a little luck could have been much more). There will be another time when we'll get his magic. However, the lack of courage by the self professed fan is exposed. Its not enough to talk tough by comparing a guy to a dead legend of another era. You also need belief when he is in the heat of combat with guys he is playing with NOW. It would be prudent for you to fold your cards on this thread, and take the dog out for a walk.

Actually' date='yes. If you are the best of all time, you need to come thru when it counts, most (if not all) the time. ATGs have a different and yes-unfair- standard.[/quote']Whether it is fair or not that is exactly how it goes. If you are an ATG you will definitely be held to a different yardstick and you have to come out on top each time over your competiton and if you are the best ever the scrutiny will be even more intense. We have seen this all before and that is why it so easy to make a case for someone like a MJ in Basketball or a Tiger in golf though it is an individual sport defying odds on numerous Sundays to amaze and bury the competition nailing putt after putt while making his opponent surrender meekly never ceasing to amaze. In cricket I would expect best of all time that transcend across generations to come out on top majority of times in 3rd and 4th innings of big games. That is the way it goes.
Whether it is fair or not that is exactly how it goes. If you are an ATG you will definitely be held to a different yardstick and you have to come out on top each time over your competiton and if you are the best ever the scrutiny will be even more intense. We have seen this all before and that is why it so easy to make a case for someone like a MJ in Basketball or a Tiger in golf though it is an individual sport defying odds on numerous Sundays to amaze and bury the competition nailing putt after putt while making his opponent surrender meekly never ceasing to amaze. In cricket I would expect best of all time that transcend across generations to come out on top majority of times in 3rd and 4th innings of big games. That is the way it goes.
Nah. What we need to do is start a MJ v Tendulkar thread, dig out the stats and analyze their contributions towards their respective sports. I am afraid that just like Bradman, MJ may have to eat crow. MJ poor fellow represented a little town called Chicago, which is smaller than Mumbai, which of course is even smaller than all of India. By that yardstick, MJ (little village idiot wearing nike shoes) should be compared with a Ranji trophy player, not someone as exalted as Tendulkar. Maybe Wasim Jaffer would be a more appropriate counterpart to MJ. However if you still insist in comparing the two- go to you tube and compare MJ highlights with SRT highlights. Now while making that comparison, please note that MJ's videos are state of the art. If you extrapolate the quality of MJ's videos to for example, SRT's Sharjah videos, you will gain a true understanding of how great SRT is...
What about this guy ? Based on the same stat that you posted in post # 151 he comes way ahead of BCL ... so based on your own logic he must be better than BCL. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/6513.html?class=1;player_involve=1775;player_involve=1884;player_involve=1935;player_involve=2011;player_involve=2228;player_involve=5649;template=results;type=batting Why don't you tell me why I should agree with idiotic statements like FC Runs > ODI Runs .... Ernie Toshack > Wasim akram and so on and so forth ? Is this your idea of a mature debate ? Reg the picture ... you joined just a few days ago and you have missed about a year or two worth of Rett and Co's incessant trolling that involves hurling taunts making insults sprinkling smilies. He has been repeatedly asked to talk maturely but obviously wont listen because he is here merely to troll. So I will deal with these guys in a language that they understand best. I will most certainly out-troll him. He thinks only he can be obtuse and a pr!ck and that its a art form. If you notice he hasnt crossed the line on insults and getting too personal yet because he knows what happened last time . Ask him he will tell you. I have immense patience to talk very very decently on this topic in a bland language even with people whose views I detest. I don't really expect anyone to agree with my views but I will be the last person that will tolerate chewtiy@giri .... I will even crunch stats for you that you wont be able to on statsguru. But you try to flame me I will burn down your entire house and just to make sure I will burn down your neighbourhood as well. And I will tell the mods upfront before lighting the torch.
What that goes to show is that Damien Martyn is one hell of a player against top notch pace bowling of the highest class. His poor form in Ashes 2005 cost him his career. He was unlucky to be playing in an era in Aussie cricket where it is very difficult to find a batting spot. Just like someone like Mcgill found it difficult to play in the Aussie side. Bossbhai, your manner of arguing as I have observed is utterly flawed atleast as far as this topic is concerned. Now you are insinuating..since Martyn has such awesome numbers against such great pace bowlers, it must a rubbish metric. ( since he is NOT a great name but a class player nonetheless ) ..infact you are looking for excuses to wiggle out of a damning exposure of SRT. This has been a constant pattern of your method of arguments. Regarding your modus operandi of dealing with " trolls " as you call them, as someone who has gone through the topic from the first post I can easily see you have been the first one to get personal and foul when cornered. Lets keep it civil, please. we are all fans of the same team and can disagree.