The greatest strikers of the noughties

Sooda

Henrys return to Arsenal (and reliving his glory days on youtube) made me wonder if he was the greatest striker of that decade 2000-2010, has to be right up there if not the no 1. My top 10 or so, kinda based on longevity and honours won Eto'o, Henry, Raul, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy, Inzaghi, Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Forlan, Ronaldo (though his best days were the 90's the R Madrid Ronaldo of the early 2000's was pretty great) Maybe Crespo, Trezeguet and/or Villa could get in there...

Henrys return to Arsenal (and reliving his glory days on youtube) made me wonder if he was the greatest striker of that decade 2000-2010, has to be right up there if not the no 1. My top 10 or so, kinda based on longevity and honours won Eto'o, Henry, Raul, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy, Inzaghi, Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Forlan, Ronaldo (though his best days were the 90's the R Madrid Ronaldo of the early 2000's was pretty great) Maybe Crespo, Trezeguet and/or Villa could get in there...
I would say Ronaldo for those mentioned above. However, like you said, much of his best work came in the 90's. If not for injuries he would have been one of the greatest ever. Ronaldo and Zidane were the two main geniuses of that generation. On a different level from everyone else IMO.

When you consider the entire decade then it has to be Eto'o. 2000-2004 scores 48 goals in 120 appearances for Mallorca 2004-2009 scored 108 goals in 145 appearances for Barcelona 2009-2011 scored 33 goals in 67 appearances for Intermilan Lot of these goals were in imp games like champions league semis and finals, against Madrid etc. Top top player and still scoring in Russia.

Shearer was the best English striker of the 90's but certainly not the best in the world. Ronaldo and Batistuta were definitely better than him.
I would put them all (Shearer,Ronaldo and Batistuta) in the same league. All of them prolific strikers and their stats speak for themselves. I won't argue about flair or pace..etc , Shearer didn't have any of those... but he was someone who always got the job done minus the frills.