For how Long can MSD be the captain due to the TINA factor?

speed_demon

Gambhir was the best bet to become captain but that ship has sailed with Gambhir woefully out of form and not an automatic choice in the team. Other seniors like Zak & Viru themselves are not captaincy material. Either you keep Dhoni as captain for another couple of year and then hand it over to Kohli or you hand over captaincy to Kohli now.
No point keeping Dhoni for another couple of years. There's no harm if we have a makeshift captain and see some fundamental changes.
then ashwin..anybldy but kohli i dont think he can ahndle other people properly...im his biggest fan but he cant even keep himself in control its hardly leader like quality....
He kept himself under control after his dismissal today. No MC-BC to the umpire :cantstop: If Ashwin becomes captain, Harbhajan can retire :cantstop:
then ashwin..anybldy but kohli i dont think he can ahndle other people properly...im his biggest fan but he cant even keep himself in control its hardly leader like quality....
Disagree. Folks like Gambhir and Kohli would be good captains. They are passionate players and no matter what they, and their team, will never give up. They will always play with an edge and the team will fight for them.
Disagree. Folks like Gambhir and Kohli would be good captains. They are passionate players and no matter what they' date=' and their team, will never give up. They will always play with an edge and the team will fight for them.[/quote'] gambhir is different..passion is one thing...but getting completely sad after failing is another u have to forget ur failures and lead team as player u wont be always on top u have to develop players under u...kohli is passionate yes but wasnt dravid passionate ? honestly i dont like this to be called passionate for me its showing ur emotions..which does not works when u have to deal with other people..and lead them
gambhir is different..passion is one thing...but getting completely sad after failing is another u have to forget ur failures and lead team as player u wont be always on top u have to develop players under u...kohli is passionate yes but wasnt dravid passionate ? honestly i dont like this to be called passionate for me its showing ur emotions..which does not works when u have to deal with other people..and lead them
Dravid & Laxman kinds were a bit laidback. I prefer captains to show a bit more fire out in the middle. Kohli showed he could handle the team and captaincy while winning the WC at u-19 level. He could easily handle Indian captaincy and there's no reason to believe he won't be able to handle the pressure of captaincy.
Dravid & Laxman kinds were a bit laidback. I prefer captains to show a bit more fire out in the middle. Kohli showed he could handle the team and captaincy while winning the WC at u-19 level. He could easily handle Indian captaincy and there's no reason to believe he won't be able to handle the pressure of captaincy.
i saw panic in ipl and im seeing him being more and more pissed at himself after every failure as captai that can be bad trust me it isnt being laid back ..there is nothing laid back abt dravid ..only thing i saw was determination nit only while playing but as way i lived and handeled himself..every one feels dissapointed and gets angry its abt dealing with it properly rather then going mc ,bc yes if it works for u good but it definately does not work when u have to deal aith other people will he again go after balaji and shout at him in last over?
i saw panic in ipl and im seeing him being more and more pissed at himself after every failure as captai that can be bad trust me it isnt being laid back ..there is nothing laid back abt dravid ..only thing i saw was determination nit only while playing but as way i lived and handeled himself..every one feels dissapointed and gets angry its abt dealing with it properly rather then going mc ,bc yes if it works for u good but it definately does not work when u have to deal aith other people will he again go after balaji and shout at him in last over?
I want Kohli to be given a fair shot at captaincy. The guy knows how to handle adversity which he has showed numerous times and the quality which a leader needs to possess. He handled his father's demise in the middle of a game, he took the u-19 team to a WC title leading from the front, he came back to Indian team strongly after his first stint wasn't that successful and has gotten better. He clearly is someone who is always up for a fight and never gives up. In Aus he was probably the only one still fighting till the end. People say that the team takes the identity of its leader and if the Indian team takes even some of the qualities of Kohli as a fighter we will do just fine. Gambhir would do just fine as well but he's not an automatic choice and I'm not even sure how long he will last at intl level.
After Raina was given the captaincy for one match in CLT20 in the CLT20 section. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=289608
That was only ICF talk. These talks happen all the time. I really don't see Indian selectors having three different captains in three formats for a long term. A T20 captain is anyway just a ceremonial post, only the T20 WC matters. Otherwise it is hardly played, nor is any importance given to those T20s.