CC's thread for off topic discussion

gorah_pindu

By the way, here is an interesting description of dehumanisation, courtesy of wiki:
A very limited description at that- and certainly not a description someone read in eastern philosophy finds fully descriptive of the word.
1). BDSM emphises equality, not inferiority or superiority
Only for legal purposes. Not in terms of the cause of your gratification- which is fundamentally tied to inferiority/superiority.
is half the population 'sick' CC
If half the population fixates on it like BDSM lovers, then yes, it is. There is nothing incredulous or mindboggling about half the people being sick, really. PS: Take such studies with a boulder of salt. PPS: Good to see you dropping the assinine musical commentary at this point.

a human being who considers themselves to be equal and as precious as the next doesnt play the slave or the master in the most demeaning way.
Why then can confident businesspeople be found enjoying the idea of submitting to a dominant? You dont seem to understand the motivations behind BDSM. Allowing someone to make your choices for you could even be a reflief to someone who is otherwise always in an executive position.

How does this :

Why then can confident businesspeople be found enjoying the idea of submitting to a dominant?
in any way, negate or relate to this : a human being who considers themselves to be equal and as precious as the next doesnt play the slave or the master in the most demeaning way. ?!?!?!
You dont seem to understand the motivations behind BDSM.
And i think that applies to you.
Allowing someone to make your choices for you could even be a reflief to someone who is otherwise always in an executive position.
Err...this comment, more than anything, outlines your lack of understanding of BDSM. I don't make all the choices for me in the bedroom all the time either. Doesnt mean my girl is gonna turn me into a make-believe slave. Such sick acts belong on a psychologist's couch, really.

Technical accomplishment dosent equate to artistic value.
In that case, an Anime chock-full of drawing errors and spelling mistakes is just as equal in merit as one where drawings arnt haywire and spelling mistakes arn't made. For that is essentially what you are arguing. The reason 99% of heavy metal sucks is not because it is a lesser artistic form in itself- it is because most practitioners of the art produce flawed pieces chock-full of errors and rather basic ones at that. I like heavy-metal but only if it isnt strewn with errors- which is why i mentioned Dreamtheatre, because they dont produce error-ridden work like 99 % of heavy metal bands.
And what makes you think someone read in eastern philosophy believes eastern philosophy
Nothing...however, if you are gonna use only a western definition of humanism, then the definition is a very limited one.

In that case, an Anime chock-full of drawing errors and spelling mistakes is just as equal in merit as one where drawings arnt haywire and spelling mistakes arn't made. For that is essentially what you are arguing.
That is what I, and Holy, etc, have been arguing all along. Does a hand drawn anime neccecarily have less artistic value than one created with the latest CGI? Nobody who respects artistic achievement would say so.
Err...this comment, more than anything, outlines your lack of understanding of BDSM. I don't make all the choices for me in the bedroom all the time either. Doesnt mean my girl is gonna turn me into a make-believe slave. Such sick acts belong on a psychologist's couch, really.
Oh well, at least you have said you wont impose your opinions on others.
And i think that applies to you.
I can at least speak from the perspective of what I feel is appealing. A person who loathes the idea naturally cant. The fact you cant even concieve of submissive behavior being fun, when people obiously consider it as such, has led you to the opinion that 'self respecting people would never submit themselves'. Have you ever even momentarily considered that this may be incorrect? That not everyone places such high value on being executive commander, as you obiously do? I bet you watch stuff on TV that some prude would say is dehumanising (just about any show of skin is 'dehumanising' from a strongly Islamic perspective - even sex education is) - try to remember what you have been saying to me next time that happens. You never did answer why materialistic views of humans is 'bad' - it just seems to be something you have assumed.

That is what I, and Holy, etc, have been arguing all along. Does a hand drawn anime neccecarily have less artistic value than one created with the latest CGI? Nobody who respects artistic achievement would say so.
This is NOT about hand drawn or CGI- it is about f*cking it up ! Does a spelling mistake make it a lesser work ? YES ! Does stringing together dialogue in incoherent english make it a lesser work ? YES ! Now apply that to heavy metal. i dont care what your form of music is- if you sing outta tune every other line, you are f*cking up. period. If you cant harmonize the scales, you are f*cking up. period. You are arguing from comparing the art-form in its conception and saying that i am inherently putting one art form lower than another. That is not true- i am putting the EXECUTION of one art form lower than another because, well, it f*cks up way more often !
The fact you cant even concieve of submissive behavior being fun, when people obiously consider it as such, has led you to the opinion that 'self respecting people would never submit themselves'.
Gulf of difference between submissive and master-slave.
That not everyone places such high value on being executive commander, as you obiously do?
Like i said- i dont play executive commander...infact most of the time, i let HER be the one in charge- doesnt mean i reduce her or allow me to be reduced to a make-believe slave!
You never did answer why materialistic views of humans is 'bad' - it just seems to be something you have assumed.
And you have simply assumed that it isnt bad because it is just so. C'est la vie only goes so far, my dear!