How confident are you that India will beat Eng/Aus at home?

How confident are you that India will beat Eng/Aus at home?  

1. 1.

• Different ball game at home - India will win easily
    • It will be close but India will win
    • Draw
    • India will lose at home as well

The difference is that in every other sport the format is the same. If there's a test cricket world cup then you have a point. For instance, in the football world cup the match isn't have halved to 45 minutes and goalposts doubled in height in length. ODI cricket is favoured for sloggers and bowlers who aren't fit enough to take 20 wickets. And 20/20 is an even bigger joke. I watch it for entertainment but couldn't care less unless we're playing Australia then maybe.
Your watching ODI cricket for just entertainment doesn't affect its importance in any way. I watch test Cricket only when India is playing but I watch T20's and ODI's even if they are not because Test Cricket is a lot more boring and uneventful. What I like and what you like is completely irrelevant. ODI cricket and Test Cricket demand different skillsets. While test Cricket is in some ways harder, there are players and teams who do well in test Cricket but just don't cut it in Limited Overs Cricket. The very reason the ICC wants to bring in a Test Championship is because they want to increase the significance of Test Cricket because win/loss stats alone are not a good indicator of which team is truly the best, which is why global tournaments like world cups are held, until the test championship comes along the world cup will remain the most important trophy in Cricket.
Your watching ODI cricket for just entertainment doesn't affect its importance in any way. I watch test Cricket only when India is playing but I watch T20's and ODI's even if they are not because Test Cricket is a lot more boring and uneventful. What I like and what you like is completely irrelevant. ODI cricket and Test Cricket demand different skillsets. While test Cricket is in some ways harder, there are players and teams who do well in test Cricket but just don't cut it in Limited Overs Cricket. The very reason the ICC wants to bring in a Test Championship is because they want to increase the significance of Test Cricket, until the test championship comes along the world cup will be the most important trophy in Cricket.
for me its the opposite i watch every watch of south africa in tests i love the planning.. intensity in it seen game changes with in sessions odis i only watch rare ones.. in test cricket i can watch the whole gmae even though there are less fours and all in odis i end up missing the game and watching highlights afterwards...

I don't care if you get beaten in a few series at home as long as we make pitches that provide assistance to both the batsmen and bowlers, instead of those flat dust bowls where the batsmen don't learn anything and our young bowlers are ground into the dust. Short term pain for long term gain.

I don't care if you get beaten in a few series at home as long as we make pitches that provide assistance to both the batsmen and bowlers, instead of those flat dust bowls where the batsmen don't learn anything and our young bowlers are ground into the dust. Short term pain for long term gain.
again..i will say lets **** up our strength i would never give green tracks in tests no way but yes in ranji trophy they can try them and in this season too there were some helpful tracks maybe not intentionally main problem is selecting people like vinay kumar are getting selected and people who are too old are still playing is this really our best team? no talent wise even now we are covered..we are lucky that we get good talents out of no where probably its cos of our huge population tht even with this bad system we produce some good talents but this will take a while .. currently best thing to do is just select ur best 11. we still will compete much better then most team..
But sabby' date=' your not thinking about the future, you are only thinking short term and look at where that has led us.[/quote'] im being realist here this is not short term but to think whole system will be changed after these lose is foolish currently we are 0-4 in every away tour i really dont even want to think bt no 1 right now lets repair the damage first then think abt no 1 its too far away the team beating us right now cant even clam to be no 2... im saying after this series first we should correct things which can be easily corrected.. like selection.. better captaincy ,fitness in team etc to say we will get green pitches in india is foolish..spin is our strength .. and itsn ot like our batsmen are bad.. they can handle pace imo atlest few good ones can rahane took on fast bowlers hooked them in his first game.. kohli is improving pujara showed he can handle it.. now a days many players tour australia,england.. so they do have experience do u think england will make dust tracks so it can oveer come its weakness? i dont think so
Of course Michael Clarke's gonna say that. He's not going to say our goal is to be good at tests and not care about other formats. Point is, their main goal will to be no.1 at tests. England players want to be no.1 in all formats but the main goal is tests. If you have a choice between being a great ODI side and a great test side then the latter wins easily. All the legends of the game have excelled at test cricket. Michael Bevan is an example of a great ODI batsmen but average at test. Yuvraj Singh another one. They'll never go down as great. Your record isn't just low against England. You have poorer head to heads Against Pakistan and SA. Your overall win/loss ratio is 7th. We were at the top of test cricket in the early 70's so nonsense. We've also been top before that. Not anywhere near the dominance of Aus or Windies but much more then India who I doubt will be getting anywhere near no.1 again for a long long time.
Every country wants to do well in all formats. The reason why teams want to be rated no.1 in tests over being rated no.1 in other formats is because Test Cricket does not have a global tournament like the world cup or world T20. The no.1 rank is the closest thing to a world champion trophy there is. Sometime after last year's world cup, Harsha Bhogle did an interview with Sangakkara and asked him what he would want more, a world cup win or no.1 rank in tests. Sanga said he would rather be a world cup winner. I'm sure 99% of international cricketers would say the same. At least you finally admit England also wants to do well in every form of Cricket, instead of continuing with that "ODI cricket is joke and England sucks at it only because we don't care about it" crap. The reason why players who were great in limited overs cricket but not so much in test cricket are not considered legends is because there is a contingent of oldschool Cricket fans in every nation according to whom it is taboo to consider such players legends because they haven't excelled in tests. Ever since ODI cricket came along, there aren't any players I can think of who excelled just in tests and went on to become legends either. If there are any, they are only venerated as legends by this contingent of fans from their own countries. All legends have excelled in all formats that were played in their day, since ODI's came along much later, many of the old legends played the only form of Cricket there was, so it appears as if doing well in tests is the only requirement to be a legend. Besides, why are you bringing players into this anyway. All that matters is that the governing body of Cricket considers the WC to be the ultimate prize in Cricket. Nobody remembers or even cares how many times Brazil has lost to France or has won against Argentina. All they care about is that Brazil have been 5 time world champions. Whenever people talk about a particular team in any team sport the first thing they'd like to know is how many times that team has won the biggest prize in that sport (World Cups, NBA Championships etc). Win/loss records do matter but not as much as winning championships, as far as test cricket is concerned the no.1 rank is its championship and India have been no.1 for a longer time in it than everyone else except Australia. Once a Test Championship comes along rankings wouldn't even matter as long as you are ranked high enough to participate in it.