Duleep Trophy 2011-12

Chandan

East Zone won this with a bunch of committed hardworking guys. Their batting was unheard of but still they outbatted the stars of the West Zone team. Natraj Behara might be a talent to watch out for ... he's just played 12 FC games but batted well here in both innings and possibly captained smartly as well. Was the BCCI U-22 Cricketer of the Year last year. Will be playing for KKR this year :winky: This is Anustup Majumder's 3rd rescue act in 2 matches (in 3 innings). He can score quickly, and surely has the temperament; hope he can do this again and again. He's had a couple of pretty ordinary first class seasons and has made a strong comeback this year. By the way, this Valsad pitch was possibly a lively pitch (this pitch normally has lots of bounce) and not a patta.

What a relief from the boring and stupid pitch for the Ranji Final. The groundsman needs to be complimented. Good absorbing cricket with an outright result in the last session of the last day. What more can one ask for?
Well, they have laid red soil there, so the bounce is automatic. Every state association should have at least one red soil track. BTW, Anustup Majumder's average this year is 239. :woot:
Well, they have laid red soil there, so the bounce is automatic. Every state association should have at least one red soil track. BTW, Anustup Majumder's average this year is 239. :woot:
wow he is serious talent loved the way how he is playing at his best under pressure and itso nly bcos of that lively pitch we are seeing some fast bowling talents coming up
Whatever others may say about Dada, players in the region really admire him and are inspired by him. I've heard Dinda and Tiwary also say similar things about Dada. Dinda once said Dada would speak to him and cool his nerves if his bowling was not going well. Did u see anyone say anything to Yadav in Australia.

Sachin was talking all the time to Yadav and even coaching him in the nets asking him what lengths to bowl, Zaheer has always been talking to Ishant and to Yadav in Australia. BTW talk to any CSK player and they say the same about MSD too, MI players say the same about Sachin, KKR players talk like that for Gauti and DD guys hail Sehwag as a great motivator.

Whatever others may say about Dada, players in the region really admire him and are inspired by him. I've heard Dinda and Tiwary also say similar things about Dada. Dinda once said Dada would speak to him and cool his nerves if his bowling was not going well. Did u see anyone say anything to Yadav in Australia.
nope abd thats wht i always say ganguly was not jsut abt being aggressive .. he was just a born leader i hope now our team can bounce back i have no big complaints with dhoni hopefully we can find some talented replacements and be back on top again :--D
He is a volatile, emotional, forthcoming guy. He'll piss off some people and win the hearts of some. In the past, Bhajji, Sehwag, Yuvraj etc said the same about him. The North Zone vs East Zone semis would be interesting. Both teams devoid of any stars. The most well known people among the two teams are Mishra, Dhawan and Dinda. Augurs well for Indian cricket.
Sachin was talking all the time to Yadav and even coaching him in the nets asking him what lengths to bowl, Zaheer has always been talking to Ishant and to Yadav in Australia. BTW talk to any CSK player and they say the same about MSD too, MI players say the same about Sachin, KKR players talk like that for Gauti and DD guys hail Sehwag as a great motivator.
I wonder what kind of motivation Sehwag gives apart from saying 'Go play your natural game' :hmmm:
Ask Warner. When he was being hailed as a slogger' date=' Sehwag told him you are a test batsman, this when he wasn't even a regular in FC cricket in Australia![/quote'] Yes. I have read that interview of Warner. Viru simplified Test cricket to Warner in a way he'd never thought of. And then he got selected and destroyed India at Perth.
Yes. I have read that interview of Warner. Viru simplified Test cricket to Warner in a way he'd never thought of. And then he got selected and destroyed India at Perth.
Irony....as Sehwag himself over simplified his game...making it so easy for oppposition bowlers to get him out...heck...Sehwag got out twice to full toss :omg: