Duleep Trophy 2011-12

Chandan

Did they make the exception just for this tourney? I wonder why coz if the players play a Test at home the ball will be totally different to them and there goes our home advantage. Domestic cricket should use whatever ball we use in our home series.
no only duleep throphy they did that so that bowlers get used to this ball as it is used in many other countries and its diffcult to adapt so good idea but this tournament is too short.. i dont think they get reasonable practice with this ball i mean if u lose one math ur out ..so its good thinking but not really good implication of idea :P
no only duleep throphy they did that so that bowlers get used to this ball as it is used in many other countries and its diffcult to adapt so good idea but this tournament is too short.. i dont think they get reasonable practice with this ball i mean if u lose one math ur out ..so its good thinking but not really good implication of idea :P
Makes sense. Wish they play these Duleep trophy games on green and seaming tracks as well so that our players can get at least some exposure to seaming pace friendly conditions. Ranji trophy can happen as it is but rest of the tourneys should be held on green tracks at neutral venues.
Makes sense. Wish they play these Duleep trophy games on green and seaming tracks as well so that our players can get at least some exposure to seaming pace friendly conditions. Ranji trophy can happen as it is but rest of the tourneys should be held on green tracks at neutral venues.
i agree but that would be a sane decision ...bcci works in the opposite way :winky:

Dunno about Chepauk, but both Valsad and Chepauk have a fair covering of grass. Valsad was bouncy as well, with good swinging conditions. The problem with Kookaburras is once the ball loses its shine, there's hardly any swing anymore. The SG balls retain their swing for a longer time. Also, reverse swing in Kookaburra balls is an issue. Also, the spinners can grip the SG balls far better than the Kookaburras.