How do you get rid of a quadruple chin?

Zooter

Liposuction: A substitute for dieting? Why can’t I just have liposuction instead of dieting? -Madelyn from Arizona Wouldn’t it be great if your excess fat could just be sucked out? No dieting, no exercise, just pay a visit to an outpatient surgery center for a couple hours and return home trim and fit. It would be nice if it was possible, but it’s not that simple. During liposuction, the area to be treated is anesthetized (i.e. put to sleep so it won’t hurt). This requires injecting the area with a local anesthetic. If you wanted to lose 25 pounds, however, the volume of the anesthetic would probably be a toxic dose. To avoid this problem, general anesthesia (in which you’re completely put to sleep) might work. Unfortunately, it would increase the riskiness of the procedure and require a hospital stay. Even if the anesthesia could be administered without killing the patient, removing a large amount of fat causes a major fluid loss. It’s a shock to the system to lose that much tissue all at once. Managing this shock would be an unnecessary risk and would require a hospital stay because of the significant risk of infection, heart and kidney damage, and even death. If all those issues could be overcome, surgical removal of the fat would not fix obesity-related medical issues like diabetes. The body’s physiology changes only when fat goes away slowly through dietary changes and exercise. Simply removing the fat does not fix the disease. Moreover, continued overeating would cause the fat deposits left behind to grow. Liposuction is best reserved for removal of small amounts of fat that cause cosmetic problems. It’s not a substitute for good diet and exercise habits. http://www.thedietchannel.com/Liposuction-Instead-Of-Dieting.htm

Sorry to say this but you are talking outta your rear end here. Fact is, there *are* people grossly overweight to reduce weight in any meaningful way save for liposuction. if you are 5'5 and 350 pounds, good luck losing 150 pounds by walking.
You need to chill here CC. 5ft 5 and 350 pounds, just how many people do you see around like that? We are talking here about general people not a 0.0001% of the population. Dont give me a 350 pound person and start talking of "overweght". That person(350) pound is morbidly obese and I am sure you understand the difference.
it was about their bones...fat people tend to have weak bones...hence for grossly overweight people, going to gym for losing weight means queiuing up for hip/knee replacement in 10 year's time.
Again I ask you your definition of "fat". If a person is 5ft5 and 200 pounds then he is fat. Now go ahead and show me why he can not run, bike or do other cardio stuff. Dont go about throwing 400 pounders here for the sake of argument. xxx

That person(350) pound is morbidly obese and I am sure you understand the difference.
Well i made the post in concern with the topic thread at hand ( quadruple-chin = morbidly obese).
If a person is 5ft5 and 200 pounds then he is fat
Err...no. Being fat has nothing to do with bodymass- its to do with how much FAT you have. I know plenty of joes who are 5'7-5'9 and 200 pounds and they'd kick both our a$$es in fitness.
Dont go about throwing 400 pounders here for the sake of argument.
The opening post was about someone with a quadruple chin...okay, so the poster was exgaggerating- but i didnt know that when i made that comment and my comment holds for really fat people. Anyone who is gonna lose 50 pounds in 5 months and still be over 150-200 pounds needs to get liposuction first.

Well i made the post in concern with the topic thread at hand ( quadruple-chin = morbidly obese).
Alright lets go ahead and ask the protagonist himself. Hey Zoots are you a 350 pounder?
Err...no. Being fat has nothing to do with bodymass- its to do with how much FAT you have.I know plenty of joes who are 5'7-5'9 and 200 pounds and they'd kick both our a$$es in fitness.
You are more than welcome to speak for yourself , I personally can handle myself thanks much. By the way I said 5ft 5 and 200 pounds, and not 5ft 7. Unless you are talking of a David Henry or a Franco Columbo I dont quite see how a 5ft 5 200 pound person is not overweight. Again if a person is muscled/rippled it is evident to eyes, a overweight person is not.
Anyone who is gonna lose 50 pounds in 5 months and still be over 150-200 pounds needs to get liposuction first.
Not true. For one liposuction has been around for what - 10 years? DId people stop dieting before that err no. Secondly most physician would tell you to lose weight via exercise and diet. Simply because exercise and diet is the right way, and more importantly it changes your lifestyle. If you lose weight by eating right you know what food increased your weight, what exercises pushed up your cardio and so on. If you do liposuction what you get? Err nothing. And anyway whats the point of losing 10 pounds fat by liposuction? If you are talking of a 350 pounder do you have any idea how many pounds he can lose by liposuction? Are you telling me he will lose 50-100 pounds at one go? xxx

Nope Lurks, Not 350. :haha: I'm still slim--it's just that I became sedentary when I returned to my "study life" -- so the rest of me is still decent, it's just that my belly is no long washboard and my chin found a friend. CC is right for the type of overweight people you see on Jerry Springer. The need to resort to liposuction is a case for desperate times calling for desperate measures. (Gastric bypass is another such desperate move). Good to hear advice from everybody though. :thumbs_up: In reality, I didn't even notice my chubby-ness until I got my passport photos taken--that's when I actually saw a straight front-shot of my head and neck in it's natural pose (without extending my head towards the front of my body ... ... which would have hidden the double chin). Chubby cheeks, double chin, ... the whole nine. Actually Dhondy, I used to be a runner--short and mid distance track and field. 200 m, 400 m, and 110 m and 400 m High and Intermediate Hudles respectively. I think Varun and some others hit it right on the mark--it's the diet. In America, it's too hard to not eat sugary, salty food in excessive proportion. I'm off soda--just water and juices. And (almst no) sweets. (I think this thread now belongs in that gargantuan exercise/eating right thread we had going).

For one liposuction has been around for what - 10 years? DId people stop dieting before that err no.
Morbid obesity wasnt anywhere close to a problem like the one today 10-15 yrs ago.
If you do liposuction what you get? Err nothing.
Good God man. Do you even realize what i am saying ? I said go to the gym- but AFTER you get liposuction. No, liposuction wont make you fit and your heart strong- only exercise will do that. But is it blitheringly hard for you to understand that if you are too fat and you go running/jogging/biking etc, you are putting WAY TOO MUCH force on your joints and your hip/knee/ankle would be shot if not within a few months, then most definitely within a decade of you putting your bones through that kinda torture ? Yes, there are many cases where liposuction and THEN exercises make far more sense than exercise alone.