Dassault Rafale wins $10.4 billion MMRCA deal; Beats eurofighter typhoon

vayuu1

Cute. But I didn't expect anything less from our resident uncle tom (or should I call you gungadin?).

Such loathing. UK invested three times as much as France in India over the last decade, creating & protecting far more Indian jobs than any other European nation. http://dipp.nic.in/fdi_statistics/india_FDI_April2011.pdf Go back further, and you see the same ratio. http://dipp.nic.in/fdi_statistics/India_top_countries.pdf
FDI? waah sher waah. So we should be thankful to these firangis that they finally considered us worthy to invest in India 6.11 billion dollars (UK FDI stock in india at the end of 2008). Do you know what Indian FDI stock in UK is (at the end of 08)? 5.4 billion dollars. Now guess what is UK's total FDI outflow stock? 1.6 trillion dollars (https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parliament.uk%2Fbriefing-papers%2FSN01828.pdf) Its a strict numbers game. If they can make a profit they'll invest,otherwise won't. They aren't doing us a favour. For example China reached 185 billion dollars in FDI in 2010 (50 billion from US alone - 2009 estimate). Do you think US companies have any other interest than to see a good rate of return?
Further, the UK is historically the largest benefactor (aid or Overseas Development Assistance, if you like) to India. Over the last decade alone, the UK government has donated $5 billion in aid to India, comprising nearly a quarter of all ODA received by India. Over the same period, the rest of the EU put together, including France of course, has donated $1.5 billion. Please refer to page 8 of this document: http://www.globalhumanitarianassistance.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/India-country-briefing1.pdf
Do you know how many curry munchers like yourself currently reside in Ukstan? About 1.5 million (1/2 million in london area alone). Money is of little consequence when votes are the currency you should be talking about. Same reason entire azamgarh hasn't been razed to the ground.
Yet, resentment against UK is rife among Indians because of its colonial history and because the UK has always taken a prinicipled stand in matters such as Pokhran, while France has been ever the opportunist, looking after its own business interests.
Principled Stand? Very Nice.Where was this principled stand when Chinese were proliferating for the last 30 years(i.e. north korea and Pakistan)? What was Britain doing when entire Rwanda was being burnt alive? Why was britain so eager to work with Libya when gaddafi was honouring the contractual obligations with BP but as soon as the news broke regarding him nationalising oil assets, He became the antichrist and had to be killed? Where was the principled stand when selling arms to democracies such as egypt, libya, saudi arabia, tunisia, Algeria and yemen? Here is British monarchy's principled stand on Jallianwalla bagh massacre: http://www.rediff.com/news/oct/15queen.htm I won't go into the colonial history of India because then you'll say gade murde ukhaad raha hai.Lets look at post Independence. Who created ISI? google General Cawthorne (deputy chief of pak army post independence) and his intentions regarding Kashmir. In essence, Brits didn't just fvck up the batwara, they also placed moles to maintain destabilization of the region for many decades to come. I could go on but you get my gist. French don't deal in double talk. They do what they do and if you don't like it then too fvckin bad. As you said, its a strict business deal and you won't hear hypocritcal verbal diarrhea regarding human rights and democracy.
If you want further illustrations, look no further than how France has treated its formal colonies- Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Mali, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, and Togo- reads like an A to Z of failed nations, deserted by France, left to destitute status. Contrast that with the way Britain has always stood behind its Commonwealth, home to some of the most prosperous nations on earth today.
Deeper in the gutter you go. Just twisted logic here. If you are gonna only choose african colonies of France. Then lets look at the current state of african colonies of britain. Tanzania Sierra Leone Somalia Gold Coast Uganda Libya Sudan Nigeria Zimbabwe Africa is a shithole. There is no French vs. British here. It has been a shithole for centuries.
It never ceases to amaze me how people who are quick to castigate and condemn are also the most ignorant.
This was a strick " who gives me the best bargain deal with regards to cost and transfer of technology" (once both jets made the cut on the basis of capabilities) India doesn't owe 2 paisas to Inglund. Rather it should be the other way around. Reparations totalling trillions of dollars. You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such nonsense. But what do I know as I'm the ignorant one.

Our Paki and Chinese friends are very worried, by all reports we are now in front when it comes to Air superiority in the SC. You guys should read the Paki forums they don;t know what to do lol, one guy on there even suggested sending 4 Chinese J's against one Rafa, they are shocked and depressed.

oooops. You defend Britain because you are a psec who loves Muslims(even British kind), loathes Hindus and does not end his sentence with a Jay (whatever that means) Hind. Expect a lot of love coming your way :whistle:
Its none of that. Rather I offended his paymasters. So as the good little homeboy he is, he must defend them (even if there isn't some form of Stockholm syndrome at work here). And are you seriously gonna ***** about a typo?

Well they do provide India with aid, yes we can hate them for raping India, but this is childish from both sides. With all that aid money we have gotten over the decades, has the lot of the poor in India improved? It hasn't because of corruption, and the citizens of India closing their eyes to it.

Half the aid money probably goes towards administration costs i.e. funds the stay of british administrators in swanky embassy area of dilli, fancy cars, half dozen maids etc etc. I don't care for a second whether they give us money or not (IMO NGOs are waste of time and money and rarely work.) But I do have a problem with their holier than thou attitude towards everything Indian. Not that it matters. UK hasn't been relevant in half a century on global stage. In another 6 years India will surpass UK in nominal GDP also. So, I would like to hear bullshit like this then.

I think us Indians need to be bigger than this and not take the bait, I feel that Indian people are very easy to bait. You can see it allover the net, in forums, comments on web sites etc, I think it has a lot to do with insecurity.
more like deep seated anger. Chinese are the same, even though, they are 10-15 yrs ahead of India and are a major player on the international stage.

Look there is no doubting that the British raped the country and in the end destroyed us completely by dividing us along religious lines. But we need to move on, it has been over 60 years now, we should forgive but not forget, I realize that this is easier said than done. But I think both nations are acting like children, and besides the UK has a lot of Indians running there and wanting to live there. In fact it surprises me that Indian people are quick to denounce the West and yet millions of Indians are eager to live in the west.

Look there is no doubting that the British raped the country and in the end destroyed us completely by dividing us along religious lines. But we need to move on, it has been over 60 years now, we should forgive but not forget, I realize that this is easier said than done. But I think both nations are acting like children, and besides the UK has a lot of Indians running there and wanting to live there. In fact it surprises me that Indian people are quick to denounce the West and yet millions of Indians are eager to live in the west.
do waqt ki roti (and few other things) always trumps self esteem.

A few other things? Like health care, education, clean air, a better life? We Indians love to thump our chest and scream about how great India is. Yet when we have people who criticize us and point out a few truths we go over board and dig our heads further in the sand, or come up with some other crap about said person or country. India in general has a lot of growing up to do, I understand that India is a young nation, still rising from the ashes of colonization. But to get anywhere we need to accept criticism, take it on board and make improvements to the country. India is held back by the caste system, corruption in every level of society, poverty and religious superstition. The only way that is going to change is if the young people of India decide to take the bull by the horns and drag India in a different direction.

NeutralCat, this thread is about fighter planes and the Indian Air Force. If you want to discuss India's corruption, sanitation, obesity in the USA, your mental problems or any such esoteric topic, please create a new thread in the appropriate section. If people are interested, they'll reply. Hijacking every thread with stuff that has nothing to do with the initial topic will not be tolerated. I'm afraid, I'll have to hand you an infraction if this continues.

NeutralCat, this thread is about fighter planes and the Indian Air Force. If you want to discuss India's corruption, sanitation, obesity in the USA, your mental problems or any such esoteric topic, please create a new thread in the appropriate section. If people are interested, they'll reply. Hijacking every thread with stuff that has nothing to do with the initial topic will not be tolerated. I'm afraid, I'll have to hand you an infraction if this continues.
Mariyam threatening with an infarction for trolling.:fear: Got to check if hell froze over. Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk

guys our airforce in 2020-25 pakfa,fgfa,Amca,lca mk2 mk3,rafale ,super mki .:--D
what purpose would the mki serve when the pakFa starts getting inducted ? If FGFA does really become a reality..it would cannibalise Pakfa and become the mainstay air superiority bird in our airforce.

what purpose would the mki serve when the pakFa starts getting inducted ? If FGFA does really become a reality..it would cannibalise Pakfa and become the mainstay air superiority bird in our airforce.
starting next year (or end of this year), sukhoi's are gonna go under comprehensive upgrade (AESA radar, new engine, new avionics suite and other fancy electronics components). Some frame modifications will also be made to accommodate air of version of brahmos. Since sukhois utilize 2 onboard pilots/officers, with the new upgrades, it will be able to function as a mini AEW&C along with having a better payload capacity. So PAKFA will serve to neutralize enemy's air force that is airborne, while su 30 in conjunction with rafale will be tasked with taking out ground targets (of course, they are still formidable air to air platforms but once J20 is developed, PAKFAs will be extremely important).