End of The Day Thoughts

Top class knock by Pietersen and deserves all the attention he gets. That truly was a high class knock. Monty out thought Tendulkar. That was one smart ball to bowl at that juncture of the game. Tendulkar is known to out think bowlers but Monty well and truly deserved that wicket. It may have pitched outside the off stump but clearly it was going to crash into the middle stump. Top class bowling by Monty. As ever despite all the flak Ganguly receives, he has shown fantastic grit in the face of adversity. Karthik we know is ear marked for greater accomplishments. I'm not surprised these two steadied the ship towards the end of the day. I reckon Laxman is well worth a fight. Laxman can bat and put the opponent under the sword. Unfortunately he's batting way down the order. I would rather see him bat at no.3 and Tendulkar at no.5. The likes of Lara batted a little down the order and it wouldn't harm Tendulkar to bat at no.5 or even Rahul Dravid to bat at no.5 As for winning the game, there is absolutely no chance. Miracles can happen but sorry this team is not good enough to pull off a miracle. I don't reckon draw is a possibility either. Get ready for the worse, the first session will see few wickets go down and there is only one result possible. Still plenty of positives from the game for me. At the end of the day somebody is going to lose and thanks to Pietersen's fantastic effort it is India at the receiving end.

Good post, Ravi. Pietersen's knock was truly wonderful, wasn't it? I was so impressed by the way he tinkled with his stance and read Kumble perfectly from the hand.

I don't reckon draw is a possibility either.
30-40 overs lost due to rain and we have a chance. The pitch was relatively flatter today compared to earlier and I reckon ou tail can hold fort for 20 overs on a flat surface.
The game is still on as I said long time ago...and I still stick to it.... I will back India...
I back India too and I'll be more than happy if there's a miracle cooking but am quite realistic. 200+ runs is a lot what with only 3 batsmen available (Dhoni is out of favour as for am concerned after his first inning stuff up). As for possibility it is not impossible even with 8 wickets down but realistically we know it is next to impossible.

KP is destined for greatness. In such a short career he's played so many match winning/turning knocks. When he scored that 158, in the 4th innings, against a resurgent Aussie team, trying to save the Ashes, everyone knew he was special. Pietersen has lived up all the hype so far. I dont recall any batsman in the last decade. who has dominated the 3 best bowlers (McGrath, Warne, Murali), of this era like the way KP has. He would take over th mantle from Ponting, in the next decade