Shambo slaughter backed by court

flute202020

DR, Rama being a meat eater is not a far fetched thing. Actually, agreed that there is no direct evidence of it but we can safely assume based on circulstantial evidence. We need not assume that Rama was not a meat eater simply because it is not mentioned in the Ramayan. Consider the following things 1. Meat eating was a common , accepted thing for kshatriyas. If Rama was vegetarian that did be something new and great concept. Just like Rama was praised for all his great qualities, he would have been praised for his vegetarianism in Valmiki ramayan. The fact that it was not mentioned points to Rama's confirmity to convention in this regard. 2. When they set out to forest, Sita, while crossing sarayu or ganges river, offers prayer to the River goddess and promised to sacrifice 100 deers to the river if they return safely to Ayodhya. A prativrata, a wife devoted to her husband, don't you think Sita too would have followed Rama in vegetarianism if he did? 3. Rama actually goes for hunting. This can be deduced from below verse and also a few others. kadaa aham punar aagamya sarayvaaH puSpite vane | mR^igayaam paryaaTaSyaami maatraa pitraa ca samgataH || 2-49-15 15. “ kadaa= when; punaraagamya= coming back; sangataH= and united; maatraa= with mother; pitraacha= and father; paryaTishhyaami= shall I roam; mR^igayaam= hunting; vane= in the forest; sarayvaaH= bordering on Sarayu river; pushhpite= and laden with blossoms?” “When, coming back and united with my mother and father, shall I roam hunting in the forest, bordering on Sarayu river and laden with blossoms?” Verse Locator na atyartham abhikaankSaami mR^igayaam sarayuu vane | ratir hi eSaa atulaa loke raaja R^iSi gaNa sammataa || 2-49-16 raajarshhiiNaam hi loke.asmin ratyartham mR^igayaa vane | kaale kR^itaam taam manujairdhanvinaamabhikaaN^kshitaam || 2-49-17 16,17. eshhaa= this hunting; ratirhi= is a delightful sport; atulaa= made much of; loke= in the world; raajarshhi gaNasammataa= approved by a host of royal sages; naabhikaaNkshhaami= I do not hanker; atyartham= much; mR^igayaam= of hunting; sarayuuvane= in the woodlands bordering in Sarayu . mR^igayaa= hunting; vane= in the forest; ratyarthamhi= is for gratification indeed; raajarshhiiNaam= of royal sages; asmin loke= in this world ; .kR^itaam= (It was) adopted; kaale= at times; manujaiH= by the sons of Manu; abhikaaNkshhitaam= and sought after by; dhanvinaam= bowmen. taam= That hunting,(I do not long for it excessively). “I do not hanker much after hunting in the woodlands bordering on Sarayu river. In fact it is a delightful spot, made much of in the world by hosts of royal sages. Hunting in the forest is indeed for gratification of royal sages in this world. At times; the bow- men adopted it. But I do not long for it excessively.” 4. I do not have time now to look for the exact verse, but there is a verse where it is clearly mentioned that Laxman goes for hunting and gets a good hunt of a deer, a goose etc. and Sita cooks. If you insist, I will look for it.

Does eating beef (steaks in particular) make me a bad hindu ?
not sure about the hindu part, but sure makes you an inconsiderate and discompassionate human being. though i doubt that will prevent you from a good, sound sleep later tonight.

not sure about the hindu part' date=' but sure makes you an inconsiderate and discompassionate human being. though i doubt that will prevent you from a good, sound sleep later tonight.[/quote'] :hysterical: If we were to go by that yardstick and start labeling people inconsiderate and dis-passionate , then 99.9% of the people of the world would be dis-compassionate.

whats all this nonsence about meat eating in the Ramayana? has this flute charater lost it? there is fiction and then there is fabrication.
and then there is delusion and then ignorance. :hic: before labelling people, do some due deligence. read your scriptures. oh also, do not expect Lord Rama to confirm to YOUR interpretation of DHARMA, but try to get what was his dharma. for starters visit www.valmikiramayan.net. It is faithful translation of valmiki Ramayan.